What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will win?

Who will win the Tri-nations 2006

• Total voters

roopy

Referee
I'll do a poll and make it a sticky.
Just so guys are locked in - i'm making the votes readable - so only jump in when you are prepared to stick by your prediction.

Always back the favourite, especially this far out. Australia should win and I think they will. Maybe the Kiwis would win if they were at full strength but they won't be. GB will be lucky to win a game.

adamkungl

Immortal
Aussies for sure, even without Johns, Minichiello, Buderus. I doubt they could play so badly in the final 2 years in a row, and the Kiwis were a dead set joke in the ANZAC test

Changa

Juniors
Much like the Nrl final series coming up-there is no distict front runner anymore, NZ is strengthening especially in the 1/2 depth with Jones, J Smith, Ben Roberts, Eastwood, Vagana and Fien all able to cover the halves while Great Britains display against NZ in June this year showed what they are capable of...it is anyones atm

roopy said:
I'll do a poll and make it a sticky.
Just so guys are locked in - i'm making the votes readable - so only jump in when you are prepared to stick by your prediction.
I can't read the votes.

phonetic

Juniors
I've taken GB.

It'll be tough for them down here, but I think they'll surprise a few people. Australia vs GB final at SFS.... I'm salivating already.

***Dante

Juniors
Aussies will win easily,...one thing I can't understand is,England thrash Australia in club finals,yet in the international matches,England NEVER have an icicle in hells chance against us,...why???

roopy

Referee
***Dante said:
Aussies will win easily,...one thing I can't understand is,England thrash Australia in club finals,yet in the international matches,England NEVER have an icicle in hells chance against us,...why???
Because our teams travel for 36 hours a few days before the game and play in Snow after just coming through summer in Australia - it is the road trip from hell.

eadz

Juniors
Went with Australia but personally hoping they make the final and lose to whoever they play

Master Vippo

Juniors
If the Kiwis play at the intensity of the ANZAC tes, Aus will cane them again (tho it will be a very different side i know)

ozbash

Referee
vippo19 said:
If the Kiwis play at the intensity of the ANZAC tes, Aus will cane them again (tho it will be a very different side i know)

one off tests mean sfa they do more harm than good. a series like the tri nations is the only way to gauge who is the better side.

with the injuries to all 3 this is going to be a very close series. the poms are disadvantaged through traveling but i wouldnt write them off.

the kiwis will respond to bluey, again.
the roos still have stuart.
poms will upset

kiwis will win it.

miccle

Bench
Australia for me - I hope it's not a whitewash of 30 point victories. Hoping for a very close series and a win in the final by 1-12.

Latest posts