What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would be your 2nd Australian squad.

tiger_nick

Bench
borat said:
You are a bit slow aren't you? I will clarify things for you just so you are aware of what my opinions are because you just don't seem to get it.

Hornby is the number 2 fullback in the game. Yes he was dropped after origin 1 for the no one fullback in the game Minichello. Hodson is 4th or 5th. And the evidence I have is that Ben Hornby has a 2004 origin jumper to prove it. What is your evidence sunshine? Jack sh*t. All i hear from you Tiger_nick is whinge moan moan, its not fair, everybody picks on the Tigers, we don't get the recognition we deserve. Go and cry somewhere else tosspot. You must keeping Kleenex in business with all teary eyed posts. If you want sympathy you won't get it.

The Tigers have assembled a side of has beens and never will be's. Haven't made the finals in how many years? Finished 4!!!!!!!!!! places below the dragons (learn how to count numbnuts).

Ben Hornby is quicker, younger, safer and state of origin selectors agree. The only thing Hodgson is better at is missed tackles and mistakes made. Well Done. Hodgson is still a good player just not up to the standard Ben Hornby. If Hodsgson was any good he would have earned a NSW jumper this year. But guess what. he is not. Explain that.
Actually let me help you with the stockstandard Tigers whinge "oh its laurie's fault". Well then explain to me how Bob Fulton or Bob McCarthy are biased to the dragons also? Accept the enevitable, Hornby won the jersey because his form was better than Hodgson.

Oh you want me to mention Schifcofske. I am pleased you brought that up actually. Schifcofske like Hodgson is not up to State of Origin standard and has 3 to 4 other fullbacks in front of him. And the proof is there for all to see.

My advise to Hodgson is to leave the Tigers fast because they are only going to drag him down further. Second from the bottom in premiership betting and well deserved. Tiger_Nick why don't you stop wasting your time posting dribble and go and make room in that rather empty trophy cabinet for the 2005 Wooden Spoon, after all you deserve it.

Let me guess, your boss's two year old grand daughter agrees with your opinion. You see your persistance paid off. All you had to do is keep looking until you found someone like yourself who has the same IQ & talks dribble all day. Do yourself a favour and stick to debating the 2 year old, you should win those arguements, then again maybe not.

Once again you are putting words in my mouth!! I never once said we don't get recognition or get picked on! I said we came ninth and achieved to our ability!!!! I don't mind arguing with you but DO NOT MAKE STUFF UP!
Fine you want proof then here, stats for fullback. Ill put Hornby and Hodgson and their ranks over the 26 rounds:

Try Scorers
6 - Hodgson - 11
6 - Hornby - 11
Equal, although Hornby does play for a side that created double the oppourtunites Hodgsons did

Point Scorers
1 - Hodgson - 192
8 - Hornby - 44
Hmm quiet a victory to Hodgson

Hit Ups
3 - Hodgson - 379
4 - Hornby - 338
Again well done Brett

Tackles Missed
4 - Hornby - 32
8 - Hodgson - 42
No arguements there, Hornby is a better defensive fullback.

Meters Gained
3 - Hodgson - 3505
4 - Hornby - 3016
Clear winner

Line Breaks
1 - Hodgson - 23
5 - Hornby - 17
Number 1 for fullbacks

Offloads
4 - Hodgson - 29
7 - Hornby - 22
Ground hog day anyone?

Try Assists
3 - Hodgson - 8
4 - Hornby - 5
Yawn...

Kicks In Play
3 - Hornby - 44
5 - Hodgson - 33
Congratulations, and a very important part of the game.

Dummy Half Runs
7 - Hodgson - 46
12 - Hornby - 37
Hodgson

Errors
8 - Hornby - 32
13 - Hodgson - 38
Hornby gets 1 back.

Hornby is the number 2 fullback in the game? Than why is Matty Bowen in the Kangaroo squad ahead of him?? Why was Billy Slater in the train on squad and Ben wasnt?? Going by your criteria that has Mr. Hornby as a highest place 4th fullback! :shock:

Also you might want to make up your mind on your thoughts for Hodgson. In one paragraph you say: Hodgson is still a good player

Than: If Hodsgson was any good he would have earned a NSW jumper this year. But guess what. he is not

Ahh I'm confused? Is he or is he not a good player?

Amd no you guys finished 7th actually. You were knocked out in the 1st week of the finals but were the higher of the two ranked teams, deaming you seventh. Still if you want to say you came fifth its fine. Hope you enjoyed the extra six days of league you had then my 'pathetic rabble' of a team.

Empty trophy cabinet? Well the Wests Tigers have been around since 2000, 1 more year then the St.George Illawarra Dragons and we have 1 trophy, which is 1 more than you guys! Sure the World Sevens was a minor event but you had a team involved as did every other NRL club.

Ohh there is that Charity thing that you occassionally beat Souths for. I think its 2 all at this stage isnt it? Well done on that!

borat

Bench
tiger_nick said:
Once again you are putting words in my mouth!! I never once said we don't get recognition or get picked on! I said we came ninth and achieved to our ability!!!! I don't mind arguing with you but DO NOT MAKE STUFF UP!
Fine you want proof then here, stats for fullback. Ill put Hornby and Hodgson and their ranks over the 26 rounds:

Try Scorers
6 - Hodgson - 11
6 - Hornby - 11
Equal, although Hornby does play for a side that created double the oppourtunites Hodgsons did

Point Scorers
1 - Hodgson - 192
8 - Hornby - 44
Hmm quiet a victory to Hodgson

Hit Ups
3 - Hodgson - 379
4 - Hornby - 338
Again well done Brett

Tackles Missed
4 - Hornby - 32
8 - Hodgson - 42
No arguements there, Hornby is a better defensive fullback.

Meters Gained
3 - Hodgson - 3505
4 - Hornby - 3016
Clear winner

Line Breaks
1 - Hodgson - 23
5 - Hornby - 17
Number 1 for fullbacks

Offloads
4 - Hodgson - 29
7 - Hornby - 22
Ground hog day anyone?

Try Assists
3 - Hodgson - 8
4 - Hornby - 5
Yawn...

Kicks In Play
3 - Hornby - 44
5 - Hodgson - 33
Congratulations, and a very important part of the game.

Dummy Half Runs
7 - Hodgson - 46
12 - Hornby - 37
Hodgson

Errors
8 - Hornby - 32
13 - Hodgson - 38
Hornby gets 1 back.

Hornby is the number 2 fullback in the game? Than why is Matty Bowen in the Kangaroo squad ahead of him?? Why was Billy Slater in the train on squad and Ben wasnt?? Going by your criteria that has Mr. Hornby as a highest place 4th fullback! :shock:

Also you might want to make up your mind on your thoughts for Hodgson. In one paragraph you say: Hodgson is still a good player

Than: If Hodsgson was any good he would have earned a NSW jumper this year. But guess what. he is not

Ahh I'm confused? Is he or is he not a good player?

Amd no you guys finished 7th actually. You were knocked out in the 1st week of the finals but were the higher of the two ranked teams, deaming you seventh. Still if you want to say you came fifth its fine. Hope you enjoyed the extra six days of league you had then my 'pathetic rabble' of a team.

Empty trophy cabinet? Well the Wests Tigers have been around since 2000, 1 more year then the St.George Illawarra Dragons and we have 1 trophy, which is 1 more than you guys! Sure the World Sevens was a minor event but you had a team involved as did every other NRL club.

Ohh there is that Charity thing that you occassionally beat Souths for. I think its 2 all at this stage isnt it? Well done on that!

Ah stats boy. No wonder Raiders and Tigers fans get on so well.

What do you have left when your team never ever makes the semis and your players never ever make rep teams

Thats right stats.

Why stop there stats boy. Surley there is some more you can up with. One thing you fail to mention of course is the number of games that Hornby played 5/8th for the Dragons and hence was not able to add to his impressive tally of metres gained and line breaks. Then there is also the game that Hornby was not able to participate in due to STATE OF ORIGIN DUTY.

Maybe if Hodgson wasn't such a weak defender and so easy to break through his turnstyle tackles the Tigers may have been able to reduce the 89 Points The dragons put on the tigers in 2 games. Do you remember that 50-0, gee that was a spectacle wasn't it. So thats more than 1 point every two minutes. You like that stat.

You see, when selecting fullback for State of Origin then tend to look at whether they can tackle, Ben Hornby, compared to wether they leak tries like water through a sieve, Hodgson.

So, in conclusion Tiger_Dick. I want to let you be absolutley sure here where I stand. Because you really seem confused and continually going in circles.

Ben Hornby - No 2 Fullback for NSW
Brett Hodsgon - Not a bad fullback but not good enough. I must admit I have been exagerating a little bit when bagging Hodsgon. He is not as bad as I have been making out. You are just too easy easy to wind up, I couldn't help myself. But being not a bad fullback does not get you an origin jersey. Close but no cigar. No 4 fullback for NSW.

Tiger_dick's opinion backed up by who? lets see Wests Tigers fans.
Borat's opinion backed up by - NSW selectors, league analysts. You know, people whose opinion actually count for something.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/17/1084783457184.html?from=storyrhs&oneclick=true

While elated at prising the No.1 jersey from Minichiello's grasp, Hornby understands the selectors' motives. In the absence of Timana Tahu (hamstring) and Matt Cooper (knee), class wingers are a rare commodity and the NSW selectors switched the fast-running, light-stepping Minichiello to the flank in the hope of negating either Justin Hodges or Billy Slater.

The famine on the wings stands in stark contrast to the glut of fullback contenders - Hornby eventually out-pointing Country No.1 Luke Patten and City's Brett Hodgson.

My problem with you Tiger_Dick and the majority of Tigers suppporters is that none of your seem to except that Hornby earnt his origin selection over Hodsgon.

tiger_nick said:
Ben Hornby has become the most OVER RATED player in the comp. Honestly he is a solid 1st grader and nothing more. He plays in a team of stars, put him in an average team and you will see exactly what kind of player he is. Seriously I rate Mini, Bowen, Hodgson, Patten, Wesser, Slater, Schif, Hunt and Stewart all ahead of him. Thats number 10 IMO..

Go back to the 2 year old, I am sure you will convince her soon enough. But keep living in your fantasy land, don't let me stop you. I suppose thats the only place the tigers will make the finals or Hodsgon will play for NSW.

tiger_nick

Bench
You are hilarious, you ask me for proof then I provide it and you dismiss it in a second.

Honestly I am wasting my time here, you are not responding to any logic whatsoever.

Again when did I try and turn this into a Tigers V Dragons debate??? I won't argue for a second that the Tigers are a better team then Saints! Again you see yourself losing so have to throw something in that has nothing to do with the arguement.

Who's selectors are right the city/country ones or the Origin ones? Again you have changed your mind from Hornby being the number 2 fullback in the game to the NSW number 2 fullback.

Honestly if this was a proper debate you would have been thrown out long ago, you have changed your opinions many times, put words in my mouth and hardly responded to any of my questions or refuted anything Ive said.

IMO Hornby will never play for NSW again, I may well be wrong but time will tell. Like I said the Dragons are my second team, Ive lived in the area most of my life and am involved in the St.George junior rugby league. I would love to see the Dragons win a premiership and like most of their players. This bloke I do not rate at all, it has nothing to do with me rating Hodgson more. I just plain don't rate him, I wouldnt want him in the Balmain reserve grade side (Simon Greally will be better in a year, I'd have him playing Wests PL).

Sorry but I won't respond to any more of your messages, Ive actually let myself down. I like to say 'Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you on expierience.' You can tell me how I need a box of tissues again in your next intelligent post.

So this is tiger_dick (you are absolutely hilarious ) signing off :roll:

borat

Bench
Just like your Tigers, Pussy through and through. I have never heard such girly skirt cry baby whinging in my life then what has dribbled out of your inbred mouth. Typical Tigers fan, looser to the core. Run Forest Run!!

tiger_nick said:
You are hilarious, you ask me for proof then I provide it and you dismiss it in a second.
:
Sure did, Stats mean jack shit if you can't produce the goods. He can be number 1 in stats but still is not good enough to make the top 30 players for NSW.
tiger_nick said:
Honestly I am wasting my time here, you are not responding to any logic whatsoever.
What logic. Not once have you provided any arguement as to why Hodsgon didn't make the top 30 state origin squad or teams.
tiger_nick said:
Again when did I try and turn this into a Tigers V Dragons debate??? I won't argue for a second that the Tigers are a better team then Saints! Again you see yourself losing so have to throw something in that has nothing to do with the arguement.
Of course its valid idiot. If he ws any good as a fullback the Tigers wouldn't have let in the thousand tries and might have made the finals.

tiger_nick said:
Who's selectors are right the city/country ones or the Origin ones? Again you have changed your mind from Hornby being the number 2 fullback in the game to the NSW number 2 fullback.
Well if thats not the most ridiclous statement of all time. This is typical of the garbage that you spew. Lets see, I think SOO might be a higher level, what do you think? But you stick to City/Country. I'm sure thats far more prestigious. :roll:
tiger_nick said:
Honestly if this was a proper debate you would have been thrown out long ago, you have changed your opinions many times, put words in my mouth and hardly responded to any of my questions or refuted anything Ive said..
Oh Boo hoo. Go and fix you makup and adjust your panties. You are such a Pussy. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

tiger_nick said:
IMO Hornby will never play for NSW again, I may well be wrong but time will tell. Like I said the Dragons are my second team, Ive lived in the area most of my life and am involved in the St.George junior rugby league. I would love to see the Dragons win a premiership and like most of their players. This bloke I do not rate at all, it has nothing to do with me rating Hodgson more. I just plain don't rate him, I wouldnt want him in the Balmain reserve grade side (Simon Greally will be better in a year, I'd have him playing Wests PL).
:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, stick to PL. They might stand a chance of avoiding the spoon.

tiger_nick said:
Sorry but I won't respond to any more of your messages, Ive actually let myself down. I like to say 'Never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you on expierience.' You can tell me how I need a box of tissues again in your next intelligent post.:

And there we have it. Staring defeat with no arguement no support no anything. You see Tiger_Nick, showing you up for the fool you are, tearing your error riddled posts to shreds, demolishing any feeble arguement you produce, I am happy to provide this service night and day. Save yourself the time next time and give up at the beggining. You just putting off the enevitable of another humiliating public anihilation. Run Forest Run :!:

Kris_man

Bench
1. Clinton Schifcofske
2. Matt King
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Timana Tahu
5. Amos Roberts
6. Trent Barrett
7. Matt Orford
8. Luke Bailey
9. Luke Priddis
10. Joel Clinton
11. Luke O'Donnell
12. Dane Carlaw
13. Trent Waterhouse

14. Jason Stevens
15. Ashley Harrison
16. Anthony Tupou
17. Preston Campbell

Kris_man

Bench
i think Australia A lacks a bit of depth in the back row. other than that though, theyre really strong

panthersballboy said:
16. Finch
wash your mouth out with soap!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kris_man said:
i think Australia A lacks a bit of depth in the back row. other than that though, theyre really strong

panthersballboy said:
16. Finch
wash your mouth out with soap!

yea beat me too it kris man
nnow you can also wash your mouth out, after what ODonnell did to monaghan, how can you name him in australia B?! :evil:

Kris_man

Bench
nnow you can also wash your mouth out, after what ODonnell did to monaghan, how can you name him in australia B?!
O'Donnell did something to Monaghan? i don't remember the incident, but unless it was something nice, then i applaud what he did! i do remember what he did to Wiki tho :evil: seriously, though, there weren't many other back rowers to pick.

Latest posts