What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have as your Halfback? Mitchell Pearce or Johnathon Thurston

Who would you prefer at your club?

• Mitchell Pearce

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Johnathon Thurston

Votes: 75 81.5%

• Total voters
Would you rather a solid defender, great organiser, great leader and quickly becoming one of the hottest halves in the game at the helm for your side as the main aggressor or

A player who is completely over-hyped has no organisation skills what-so-ever, is only in the Australian side what I believe in reputation and really hasn't had an overly good season since 2007?.
-------------------------------
My brief thoughts.

Stop making excuses for Thurston and the Cowboys side which is apparently not a good proposition on paper, Thurston was trained to link up with Bowen and Payne, He's had enough time to get used to them not being there, He simply has no leadership skills, no time management or no organisational skills. Why do you think the Cowboys have been struggling these last few years?, The lack of Time Aaron Payne has played and the Cowboys lack of a leader to steer them around the park, If Cowboys are to be a success, either get a halfback who can organise his troops or just hope Aaron Payne can stay on the field.

Thurston is only the player he is due to Payne being around him and really developing his role at halfback and also the big game experience I believe he's lucky to of had for so long.

I love Mitchell Pearce's determination, I love his courage and I love his willingness to take on a leadership role at such a young age. The bloke has what i believe the best passing game in the competition and he is a very handy kicker in general play, The bloke has everything you want in an apprenctice halfback still learning the trade. He also has one of the better defensive games for a halfback.

I don't believe the Roosters have a much better side then the Cowboys to be totally honest. and look at the difference in the position on the table.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Why do you think the Cowboys have been struggling these last few years?, The lack of Time Aaron Payne has played and the Cowboys lack of a leader to steer them around the park, If Cowboys are to be a success, either get a halfback who can organise his troops or just hope Aaron Payne can stay on the field.

The fact that they're probably paying Thurston and Luke O'Donnell so much should be a bit of a clue. FFS half their full strength side would be playing reserve grade at every other NRL club. Stir the pot if you must, but the fact that Thurston can win a game single handedly which he has done for the past 5 years shows how good he is. Cowboys, QLD, and Australia. He's never failed.

johns_reds

First Grade
How can you compare even compare the two with a straight face. :crazy:
Pearce is nothing compared to Thurston.

What a stupid thread.

Thurston has been playing top grade about five years longer, so plenty of experience. Been involved in winning representative competitions, in great form.

Pearce is in career best form starting to really thrive with combinations.

Both of them are playing amazing football right now. Can't deny.
But from what Thurston has done in the past it's hard to ignore.

Pearce could be the same in five years time.

Danish

Referee
I voted for Pearce purely on the basis of reality. Thurston coming to the roosters would require an enormous pay packet, and would ruin the rest of our squad for that reason. We'd end up in situations where a single injury to him meant a bad season for the club.

As to who is a better player, Thurston is clearly the winner there.

Godz Illa

Coach
I voted for Pearce purely on the basis of reality. Thurston coming to the roosters would require an enormous pay packet, and would ruin the rest of our squad for that reason. We'd end up in situations where a single injury to him meant a bad season for the club.
Roosters with salary cap concerns? You said the basis was reality.

Here all night folks. Take my wife, please. I love this crowd

Latest posts