What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club, Bennet or Sheens?

FIREUPGAZ

Juniors
Both are exceptional coaches, with tonnes of experince and premierships to add too their list. So who would you rather have coaching your team? Reasons why?

Id love to have Tim sheens coaching the Saints, far more relaxed and cool, not as uptight as Wayney boy.

Slappy

Juniors
bennett is a myth!
good to see him being shown up as the dinosaur that he is!

He has absolutely no business being the Aussie coach!

Raider_69

Post Whore
IMO history will show Stuart to be the most successful coach of all time, at both club and origin level, perhaps even international pending when bennett gets the arse

as for this question... Sheens by a long way

FIREUPGAZ

Juniors
Knights supporter in Rockdale, thats intresting. HOW would u know that? 1 more season like last years i doubt he will be there the next year

gregstar

Referee
FIREUPGAZ said:
yeh casue Ricky Stuarts a far better coach the sheens and Bennet lol tfff
he may not be better at this stage - but in the period that stuart has coached how does he stack up against the two mentioned?

1st year - lower grade title
2nd year - first grade title
3rd year - first grade runners-up
4th year - first grade runners-up
5th year - one win from the semis. victorious origin coach.

not bad.........not bad at all.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
gregstar said:
so did sheens & bennett

sheens didnt this yr or wen he first tookover penrith

bennet has an exceptional squad but in years gone down has failed
imo he hasnt even done that good for australia. in my opinion with the squad we have, and the the numbers we have compred to new zealand, we shouldnt loose a game.

hes ignored form players completly to pick old mates

OVP

Coach
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
sheens didnt this yr or wen he first tookover penrith

bennet has an exceptional squad but in years gone down has failed
imo he hasnt even done that good for australia. in my opinion with the squad we have, and the the numbers we have compred to new zealand, we shouldnt loose a game.

hes ignored form players completly to pick old mates

Did Ricky Stuart pick old mates when he was Blues coach ? No.

Ryan Cross i thought deserved a go, but Ricky and the selectors said no.
Joel Monaghan moved to the Roosters to get a Rep spot apparently. Did that sway Ricky Stuart ? No. (Mind you, Monaghan should be in reggies and Lett should be our other winger, but meh)
All you children truly believe that people move to the Roosters to gain a rep spot is hilarious :lol:

But beside the Roosters, did Ricky Stuart offend anyone by not picking a certain person ? No. He always has, and always will rely on small, mobile forwards to get the job done. Who do u think suggested that to Gould when he was NSW coach ? Small, mobile, forwards have always been the key to NSW's success over the last few years ... but it WASNT Gould who thought of it !!

EDIT : Sorry BBSF, i quoted the wrong person. Please forgive me ;-)

Jordan said:
hahahahahahahahahahaahahaha..

Sheens at the Cowboys..

No thanks.

Sheens was sacked from the Cowboys.

Sheens masterminded 3 victories over the Cowboys in 8 weeks during 2005

One was the Wests Tigers sealing a first ever top 8 birth
One was the Wests Tigers first ever final and thus first ever finals victory
One was the Grand Final and the Wests Tigers first ever premiership

I reckon i know who's laughings now. You really couldn't get much more brutal revenge if you scripted it.

Slappy

Juniors
that fossil Wayne Bennet should be sacked from coaching australia immediately.
He admitted picking Willy Mason was a payback for him getting injured in the game against the USA. As a national coach, your job is to get the best possible team available and make them play as well as they can together. Willy had barely played any football. This is an example of how out of touch he is.

Sheens anyday over that twitching corpse Bennet!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Jordan said:
hahahahahahahahahahaahahaha..

Sheens at the Cowboys..

No thanks.

You seem to always bring this up, but the fact is, the man just won a premiership with a team rated for the wooden spoon at the start of the year.

Laugh at that.