What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club, Bennet or Sheens?

Alba

Coach
id say Sheens .. nothing against Bennett i just think hes getting on and he tends to go with his heart instead of his head when picking run on sides ..

Jordan

Juniors
simon says said:
You have to larf......surely the beatings we handed to the Cowboys this year(WHEN IT REALLY MATTERED) would silence any Sheens detractors north of the border.

Game,set,match re Sheens over Cowboys.

Oh, silly me..so I must have imagined the 5 years of mediocrity we experienced while he was up here. The Tigers may have the trophy this year but I, along with any supporters or anyone involved with the Cowboys, do not regret the decision to sack Sheens one iota.

nqboy

First Grade
I'll argue that point Jordan. The Front Office was at least as much to blame as Sheens, we were just a rabble back then and it wouldn't have mattered who coached us.

Knightmare

Coach
I'd go with Sheens- Bennett has been at the Broncos for too long, and while pretty much everyone who has played under him says he's a great coach, I'd love to know how successful he would have been had he not coached the star-studded teams he has.

FIREUPGAZ said:
But i must say, Bennet at his peak, was a far better coach then sheens, during the 90's.

f**k me have a look @ the team that he had!

Warrick Capper could have been a successful coach with that team.

The Colonel said:
Bennett has been in the one place for too long. Give him a new environment and he will be as good as he has been in the past. It worked for Tim Sheens....

Too me three years is the maximum a coach should stay in one place when they are in their longer then that they same to go stagnat.

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
Too me three years is the maximum a coach should stay in one place when they are in their longer then that they same to go stagnat.

is that so?
If that was the case then bennett would have been gone by the end of 1990 and who knows what would have happened to the broncos.
Just because Jack Gibson had the theory doesnt mean its right....Gibson only stayed 3 yrs as by that time he had pi$$ed off everyone in the joint

gallagher

Juniors
Knight82 said:

While I think Bennet has start to go a bit loopy like Jack Gibson did, you cant take away his achievments in winnings comps. He was responsible for those comps as much as the players. Just like this year that the Tigers players won that comp just as much as Sheens did.

Meanie

Juniors
Different coaches, different careers, different situations. Both have won 4 premierships (Not including Bennett's Super League title) so I'd say they're both pretty bloody good.

Right now you'd obviously have to say Sheens being as he just took his team to a premiership. Although Bennett having his team lead the competition by 6 points with 5 rounds to go shows he's not exactly entirely useless either.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Knight82 said:

Holy crap, were you educated in Australia?

Try some knight school, seriously.

Gus22

Juniors
Jordan said:
Oh, silly me..so I must have imagined the 5 years of mediocrity we experienced while he was up here. The Tigers may have the trophy this year but I, along with any supporters or anyone involved with the Cowboys, do not regret the decision to sack Sheens one iota.

Sheens has been successful at every club he's been to, except the Cowboys. He has won premierships before & after his time in North Queensland. That suggests that the problem was the Cowboys, not Sheens.

FIREUPGAZ

Juniors
Knight82 said:

Lol. Look at the team St.George have, where are all our premierships? you still need a solid coach even with a team full of high profile players.

Latest posts