What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

chrisD

Coach
lol...Pearce is in better form than Carney

Make sure you let your club know how you feel, when Carneys price rockets back to his worth, one of them will have to go, and the fans like you deserve Pearce. Same muppets who championed Finch.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
There are much more important factors as to why I would never become an NRL coach than me choosing Pearce over Soward.

Nathan Brown was an NRL coach and he chose Ben Rogers over Jamie Soward.... remember ;-)

Soward has been poor this year anyway, Hornby has been the form half of the two.

That was Gasnier, he made Brown put him in cause Gasnier is a sh*thead. Please don't bring up old wounds.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
I agreed he was faster. For their positions though speed in open space really does not mean much. If you are referring to speed in terms of quick bursts at the line or scrambling in defence I think Pearce is quick enough.

As to you asking what else I have, I already posted some of his stats on Saturday night and asked you to provide a time when Soward showed similar stats, you have failed to do that.

Do you want to compare overall stats or just one game??

Dragonstyle

Juniors
It's obvious Dragonstyle, with the obvious hint of red/white glasses is just going on about the media hype around Carney and probably has failed to watch a game of ours this year.

Going off in another direction. I already stated I have watched roosters games and think Carney is in better form than pearce. I will also make this statement. Carney at fullback > Minichello at fullback. :) How do you like those apples?

mattyVOK

Bench
Do you want to compare overall stats or just one game??

You can compare whatever you like. Your statement was that "Pearce does nothing for the roosters". I just gave you an example of what he does for the roosters.

I will save you the trouble and post the overall stats for this year (from nrl.com)

Pearce – 6 games played, 5 tries scored, 0 goals, 0 field goals, 44 runs, 356 metres, 3 line breaks, 1 hit up, 4 offloads, 99 tackles, 15 missed tackles, 5 errors

Soward – 6 games played, 1 try, 20 goals, 2 field goals, 43 runs, 375 metres, 1 line break, 0 hit ups, 2 offloads, 61 tackles, 11 missed tackles, 7 errors.

I can see no stats on 40/20’s or try assists or line break assists. If you can find them please post them.

Before you go on about missed tackles, form 116 attempts Pearce had missed 15 (approx 13%) and Soward has missed 11 from 72 attempts (approx 15%). I think any sensible person will agree that the goals and field goals are largely irrelevant as Pearce does not kick for goal and roosters have only had one attempt at field goal this year that Carney took. The other key stats are tries, line breaks, offloads and metres with Pearce coming out on top in 3 of the 4.

Keeping in mind the 2 floggings the roosters have copped and the fact that Soward has been on the losing end only once in a close match then Pearce clearly has the better overall stats.

adamkungl

Immortal
Stat Pearce Soward

tries 5 1
line breaks 3 1
line break assists 7 1
try assists 6 2
av runs 7.3 7.2
av metres 59.3 62.5
av tackles 16.5 10.2
av missed tck 2.5 1.8
av ineffective 1.5 0.8
kicks 48 81
kick metres 1663 2726
av kick m 34.6 33.7
40/20s 1 0
errors 5 7
penalties 1 2

source: http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

adamkungl

Immortal
last years lol. Comparing a half in a finals side to a half in a spoon side will give a real good indication of their individual game....not

That said, I'll admit the Soward was close to, if not the form half of the comp last year. Pearce was good in a pathetic side.

Last edited:

mattyVOK

Bench
where are you getting the stats from?also can you put up a full seasons stats, last year. thanks

I said i got it form nrl.com. The other lad that posted quoted his source. Lol you want last years stats knowing full well that the roosters come last as opposed to the dragons coming first. If you want them then you post them an i bet Pearce still looks good for being in a side that come last.

I do not see the big deal, dragons are doing better than the roosters atm so one would think their playmakers have better stats! I am sure Hornby has good stats, i am not sure exactly what they are but you just need to get over the fact that Pearce has better stats in a side that is not as good as the dragons!

Dragonstyle

Juniors
I said i got it form nrl.com. The other lad that posted quoted his source. Lol you want last years stats knowing full well that the roosters come last as opposed to the dragons coming first. If you want them then you post them an i bet Pearce still looks good for being in a side that come last.

I do not see the big deal, dragons are doing better than the roosters atm so one would think their playmakers have better stats! I am sure Hornby has good stats, i am not sure exactly what they are but you just need to get over the fact that Pearce has better stats in a side that is not as good as the dragons!

a full season stats disagree with you and everyone else who says pearce is better.

Chook Norris

First Grade
well according to Gaba, all 'bomberboy Pearce' has is his kicking game.. i wonder what these stats means for Soward..

Pearce
line break assists 7
try assists 6

Soward

line break assists 1
try assists 2

... yes, i'm sure these stats are Carney's doing