What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

Pearce is the more complete and LEVEL HEADED player.

Soward has the occasional tantrum and is very temperamental.

Pearce for me.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
Dragons > Roosters. Soward > Pearce He got picked in origin because of his name, what did he do? nothing. What does he do at the roosters? nothing.Anyone who thinks pearce is a better football player than Soward does not watch footy or listens to the nitwits at channel nien

mattyVOK

Bench
Dragons > Roosters. Soward > Pearce He got picked in origin because of his name, what did he do? nothing. What does he do at the roosters? nothing.Anyone who thinks pearce is a better football player than Soward does not watch footy or listens to the nitwits at channel nien

According to that logic Jamie Soward is a better player than Jonathan Thurston.

Pearce is a lot better than Soward will ever be. Pearce was regularly the best player in a badly beaten side last year and in the roosters 4 victories this year he has been amongst the best in all of them and in my opinion the best on field on Saturday night.

Compare that with Soward who never looks good in a loss, he only looks good when all the hard work has been done for him and he happens to score a try or 2 mainly because the opposition has dropped the ball and he is able to pick it up and run with no one in front of him to even try and stop him.

Soward has a good knack for recovering opposition kicks but other than that he is useless in the defensive line as opposed to Pearce who is one of the more solid half backs in defence.

The Dragons make Soward look good NOT the other way round!!!

Dragonstyle

Juniors
According to that logic Jamie Soward is a better player than Jonathan Thurston.

Pearce is a lot better than Soward will ever be. Pearce was regularly the best player in a badly beaten side last year and in the roosters 4 victories this year he has been amongst the best in all of them and in my opinion the best on field on Saturday night.

Compare that with Soward who never looks good in a loss, he only looks good when all the hard work has been done for him and he happens to score a try or 2 mainly because the opposition has dropped the ball and he is able to pick it up and run with no one in front of him to even try and stop him.

Soward has a good knack for recovering opposition kicks but other than that he is useless in the defensive line as opposed to Pearce who is one of the more solid half backs in defence.

The Dragons make Soward look good NOT the other way round!!!

It's a team game, not an individual game. Regardless, Pearce is rubbish and will get exposed AGAIN this sunday with the rest of the roosters bums. Soward is good in every aspect of the game and even being measured by individual performances, he is better than pearce who only got in NSW because of the hype from his name. Plus Soward will beat pearce in a fight lol.

typicalfan

Coach
It's a team game, not an individual game. Regardless, Pearce is rubbish and will get exposed AGAIN this sunday with the rest of the roosters bums. Soward is good in every aspect of the game and even being measured by individual performances, he is better than pearce who only got in NSW because of the hype from his name. Plus Soward will beat pearce in a fight lol.
There isn't that much difference between the two, Soward probably has a pure better kicking and passing game but Pearce probably looks like he is captaincy material down the track whereas Soward and his own confidence is really the only thing he can manage.

It took Wayne Bennett to get what we see in Soward don't forget that.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
There isn't that much difference between the two, Soward probably has a pure better kicking and passing game but Pearce probably looks like he is captaincy material down the track whereas Soward and his own confidence is really the only thing he can manage.

It took Wayne Bennett to get what we see in Soward don't forget that.

what does that have to do with anything? Soward is the better player, period.

mattyVOK

Bench

Lol you make me laugh. I never said it wasn’t a team game, the point is about who is a better player and one of the indicators in my opinion is how a player performs in a beaten side.

Dragons may well beat the roosters this week, they have an awesome side but I am confident that Pearce will still be regarded as one of the better players on the day. As for Soward being good in every aspect of the game, that is a complete joke. He is crap in defence apart from kick recoveries; his attacking game is overall pretty good but if I were a coach I certainly wouldn’t be worried by him running at my defencive line!!! His goal kicking is the best part of his game but as Pearce is not a goal kicker it is a null and void point.

Pearce set up 3 tries that I can think of on the top of my head on Saturday night, kicked a 40/20, was very solid in defence crunching Terry Campese a couple of times and got knocked out twice but still performed for the full 80 minutes. When has Jamie Soward produced an individual effort like that?

typicalfan

Coach
what does that have to do with anything? Soward is the better player, period.
When Soward stands up in any big match then I would consider him. Pearce has played in a struggling side but he is younger and much much better than Soward at the same age. Soward would be ahead now but wouldnt be surprised if that changed by the end of the year or sooner.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
Lol you make me laugh. I never said it wasn’t a team game, the point is about who is a better player and one of the indicators in my opinion is how a player performs in a beaten side.

Dragons may well beat the roosters this week, they have an awesome side but I am confident that Pearce will still be regarded as one of the better players on the day. As for Soward being good in every aspect of the game, that is a complete joke. He is crap in defence apart from kick recoveries; his attacking game is overall pretty good but if I were a coach I certainly wouldn’t be worried by him running at my defencive line!!! His goal kicking is the best part of his game but as Pearce is not a goal kicker it is a null and void point.

Pearce set up 3 tries that I can think of on the top of my head on Saturday night, kicked a 40/20, was very solid in defence crunching Terry Campese a couple of times and got knocked out twice but still performed for the full 80 minutes. When has Jamie Soward produced an individual effort like that?

lol @ the best part of his game is his kicking hahahaha!!!! He is a better kicker than pearce, runs the ball at the line better, better at passing, better at reading the defence, faster, what else do you need to know? Oh and his defence is alot better this year, maybe that is the only thing pearce is better at than Soward.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
When Soward stands up in any big match then I would consider him. Pearce has played in a struggling side but he is younger and much much better than Soward at the same age. Soward would be ahead now but wouldnt be surprised if that changed by the end of the year or sooner.

specualting who will be better in a year does not equal who is better now.