What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you sign at your club?

roopy

Referee
I reckon Noilea the 5/8 for Fiji, Yere from PNG, and Blanch from Ireland - and that hooker from Fiji who thought he was a prop.

roughyedspud

Coach
i've been shouting wayne kerr's praises for months on our oldham messageboard...he's more than capable of mixing it in the national leagues....no disrespect to skolars but he can play at a higher level than that...

i'd also take that PNG hooker,the local lad,the one with the dreads ?

and if nobody is careful we'll loss that fijian flyer (uate) to super 14/union,he's the new Rupeni Caucaunibuca

roopy

Referee
We already have Uate, although he can't crack firstgrade because he is a sh*t defender.

brendothejet

First Grade
Id be happy with Mobu from PNG or the Fijian hooker. IN fact i'd have James Roby in a heart beat :)

Wayne kerr would fit in at NEwtown in the NSW Cup as would a few others ive seen along the way.

Would love to see Thomas Bosc or Fakir have a crack at the NRL.

roughyedspud

Coach
Wayne kerr would fit in at newtown in the NSW Cup as would a few others ive seen along the way.

my actual words where on the oldham messageboard " we need to get wayne kerr signed before he jets off to australia with the irish side because it would'nt suprise me if a lower level ESL/top NL1 side took a chance on him or even a NSW/QLD cup side......" ;-)

roopy

Referee
he's got union written all over him them :lol:
I wrote a post 3 and a half years ago about how i'd seen the new Martin Offiah playing his first game for the Knights in the under 18s about Uate.
His progress has been painfully slow since.

Noilea, Sukanaveita, Wabo, Parker, Yere. They should all get a start somewhere. Blanch plays top level already and Kerr goes alright but NL is his standard. If Moore doesn't play first grade for the GC next year there's something wrong up there and the same with Uate at Newcastle. Even Groom should play more NRL. He's probably better than Kimmorley already.

brendothejet

First Grade
Lets not forget that a lot of these performances have really been supre human. Unlike blokes like Tupou, these players have a passion for the country they play for...

Godz Illa

Coach
Alipate Noilea, without hesitation. Seems to have all the skills - footwork, can beat players, can offload in the line and through the line, short kicking game, throws a nice pass, and to top it off his tackling technique is a perfect blend of SBW and Gilmeister. His only fault as far as I've seen is he doesn't get involved enough - needs to demand the ball a bit more.

The Dragons have developed a very cosy relationship with the Fijian Rugby League, donating funds, facilities, resources and even coaches for the World Cup campaign (even years before the World Cup we have run development programs and partnerships with Fiji), so I'd love to see us exploit that relationship and sign up Noilea.

aqua_duck

Coach
Im just curious to know whats all the excitement about regarding Bosc, he's been pretty average and would be cannon fodder at NRL level. Fakir is just rubbish period.

Latest posts