What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you sign?

joshreading

Staff member
Okay, somewhat realistically. You can sign 2 Stars of the game. Who would you sign for the 2013 season and why? Also what other style/background players would you sign?

I would make the very first signing (or atleast announcement) being a West Australian. It would help in reinforcing that the Reds will be a WA team not just a team of Eastern State players.

I wonder whether signing a profile Kiwi like Isaac Luke might help to attract Kiwi attention.

I for one would also angle in on a couple English, South African and Kiwi players to attract the expats. (probably poach a Western Force player as well) Surely it would be possible to sign a couple South Africans to the under 20's at a fairly good price attracting attention in WA.

What players would be important not just to the on field action but promotional potential for WA?

dimitri

First Grade
I think a bunch of players with wa links shoudl be signed.

Cory patterson
Goodwin Brothers
Daniel Holdsworth
...and more!

jim_57

Staff member
I would go with a mix of the following:
  • 1/2 High profile signing/s (RL Star, well know RU player, Hunt or Falou)
  • Players with links to WA (McKendry, Patterson, Goodwin etc)
  • English, Kiwi and South African players
  • Solid squad players from Super League and PNGRL (to minimize the effect on existing clubs)
For the English signings getting all three of the Tomkins brothers would be a massive publicity hit and they're all good/great players.

Start with this and fill aroun it: simple ;-)

1 S Tomkins
5 B Goodwin
6 K Hunt
9 C Smith
10 S McKendry
11 J Tomkins
12 C Patterson
14 L Tomkins
15 J Poore
16 J Green
17 J Saffy

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would go with a mix of the following:
  • 1/2 High profile signing/s (RL Star, well know RU player, Hunt or Falou)
  • Players with links to WA (McKendry, Patterson, Goodwin etc)
  • English, Kiwi and South African players
  • Solid squad players from Super League and PNGRL (to minimize the effect on existing clubs)
For the English signings getting all three of the Tomkins brothers would be a massive publicity hit and they're all good/great players.

Start with this and fill aroun it: simple ;-)

1 S Tomkins
5 B Goodwin
6 K Hunt
9 C Smith
10 S McKendry
11 J Tomkins
12 C Patterson
14 L Tomkins
15 J Poore
16 J Green
17 J Saffy

I think we would need a salary cap dispensation for that lot!

I hope Patterson continues to improve and comes back to Perth as our inaugural captain.

I'd go:

1. S. Tomkins (UK)
2. Bryson Goodwin (WA)
3. Jack Reed (UK)
4. Kurtis Rona (WA)
5. Bronx Goodwin (WA)
6. Benji Marshall (Marquee)
7. Michael Dobson (SL)
8. Luke Burgess (UK)
9. Isaac Luke (NZ)
10. Jarrod Saffy (RU, Sth Afr, parents line in WA)
11. Jon Green (WA)
12. Cory Patterson (WA)
13. Daniel Holdsworth (WA)

Decent line up with a core WA squad and not raping and pillaging other clubs to sign talent.

Coach Nathan Brown
Club development Tim Sheens