What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos excited about Finch?

Parra Guru

Coach
PE to be fair, it's hard to criticise players who have left the Roosters.

Look at what sticky did to Guru when he played there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
yy_cheng said:
That only is useful if he is respected !! Otherwise, the other guys will say exactly what Fitzgibbon said to him on the field.

I too am hopeful but not excited. He's gotta prove his worth to the team first.

Well, why wouldn't they respect him?

He's played for NSW and played in GF's; he's played alongside one of the greats in Fittler; he's played under the former NSW and current Australian Test coach...He kicked a brilliant match-winning field goal in the first Origin match last season...

Seems to me that Flopsgibbon lashed out in frustration because (1) the Roosters were struggling and (2) he has a bit of an "I'm the greatest" ego.

Eelementary

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
would any of you people HONESTLY say this if he wasnt playin for us?

I've always rated Brett Finch. It just seems to me that, because he doesn't hide his feelings, he cops a lot of criticism and is a scapegoat.

But then, we had a similar player play for us - Adam Dykes. Granted, most of his time spent at the Eels was a failure. But anyone who denies that he has talent is blind in my eyes. But, just like Finch, he was made a scapegoat at Parramatta for our team's failures.

parra pete

Referee
Prodigal Eel said:
is over rated...really one thing roosters do have is the ability to spot and hold onto juniors......if he cant cut it at rooster he wont cut it here!

We'll see. Mick Lett CAN play the game mark my words....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:
is over rated...really one thing roosters do have is the ability to spot and hold onto juniors......if he cant cut it at rooster he wont cut it here!

Mate, he hasn't played much football in the past year and half and was judged by Beetson who's one of the best talent scouts in the game as one of the best juniors he's ever seen, he's not overated he just needs to stay on the field.

as PP says ther kid can definitely play.

Stagger eel

Staff member
btw, I'm geuninely excited about Finchy coming to the club but I'm not expecting too much too early.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
we have got some great juniours from the roosters, widders and solomona

Widders is a Beetson product while Solo can from the Warriors but probably also poached by Beetson.

Latest posts