What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos excited about Finch?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'm not excited, i'm more hopeful than anything. I'm hoping we see the Tim Smith this season. But if our forwards lay a platform i think Finch and Smith will do well.

Nikki

Coach
Im gettin there. TBH, I was horrified when we first signed him. I mean, I say Finchy and it always ends with " 's a wanker". But after seein him at training and the fun that he seems to be having, I am looking forward to watching him play.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
We released Vella to England because the offer he had was a considerable one. It was however on the proviso that we had a replacement for him.

Morris had an option on his contract for 2007. Morris wanted to stay but wanted a longer deal, the club wasn't keen to let him go, they just didn't want to sign him beyond this year at that stage of proceedings.

Well, there you have it! :oops:

parra pete

Referee
He's a good player for mine..I have always rated him.
He should have won M O M in both his S O O appearances...

btaag

Juniors
I was excited about signing Adam Dykes and Andrew McFadden as our new halves in 2002.........:crazy:

As the eternal optimist, I hope Finch goes well and warms to the the Parra supporters (with game-winning performances to back it up, and a premiership-winning partnership with Tim Smith being formed).

Dare to dream I say.

stuke

Bench
i was one of those who bagged the decision to sign him but have warmed to the idea of Finch in the blue n gold and am looking forward to seeing him perform.

i'm now tipping him for a big year away from the major distractions of the Roosters.

yy_cheng

Coach
Eelementary said:
He's a fierce competitor, he hates to lose and he has the fire to succeed - something our lads seem to miss at times.

That only is useful if he is respected !! Otherwise, the other guys will say exactly what Fitzgibbon said to him on the field.

I too am hopeful but not excited. He's gotta prove his worth to the team first.

yy_cheng said:
That only is useful if he is respected !! Otherwise, the other guys will say exactly what Fitzgibbon said to him on the field.

I too am hopeful but not excited. He's gotta prove his worth to the team first.

Excuse my ignorance, but what did fitzgibbon say to finchy?

caylo

Bench
join the bandwagon said:
would any of you people HONESTLY say this if he wasnt playin for us?

Your absolutly correct, had he gone to the rabbits or canberra i'd just be laughing at the team, but there is one great thing about parramatta fans, we are infinatly optomistic

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
btaag said:
I was excited about signing Adam Dykes and Andrew McFadden as our new halves in 2002.........:crazy:

:lol: i feel your pain.

I for one, am excited. For a while just after we signed him i felt like i was the only one willing to stick my neck out and defend him, but im glad alot of eels fans have come around.
Lets face it, if his poor form at the roosters was caused by the pressure put on him, half of his home crowd yelling out "Finch is a wanker" ain't gunna do much either!

I think he's a player with an enormous potential, and i really think...(hope...pray...) that Hagan and Parramatta are his answer!! GO TEAM!

parra pete

Referee
He'll be great...I have ALWAYS admired his ability. Plus he comes from good stock..His dad Robert was a handy player too.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I watched his games very closely for the Roosters after I found out we signed him and he looked the goods. He was playing 5/8th and looked very natural at that position. If not the best player, he was very close to the Roosters best player in all the games I watched.

One game I particularly remember, he carved up the Cowboys setting up a number of tries and scoring at least 1 (maybe 2) himself. I said at the time it was like a load had been lifted off his shoulders and he looked like he was playing happy.

For a player to get as many try assists as he did last year in that Roosters team last year and to play origin (Including MOTM), he obviously is a talented player.

As the late Big Kev would say " I'm Excited"

parra pete

Referee
join the bandwagon said:
this kid wouldn't have got a look into the NRL if it weren't for his father

Don't you believe that.....He played with distinction at the Raiders and the Roosters as well as State of Origin.
I tipping Mick Lett to be the 'Buy of the Season', closely followed by Brett Finch...
Remind me of this post at the end of the year.

Latest posts