What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going to or is attending the WC?

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Just think about it, it really is a shame that the question needs to be asked. It should be a given that any fan worth their salt would support the greatest game of all. A couple of people in this thread should neck themselves.

Copa

Bench
From the pre-sale... final match at suncorp 22 Nov 2008

Availability:
a reserve licensed Alloc. Exhausted
b reserve licensed Available
c reserve licensed Available
b reserve unlicensed Available
c reserve unlicensed Available

deluded pom?

Coach
Sam_the_man said:
We should try and meet at a pub somewhere durring the WC or at a game....get as many of us fanatical league lovers together as possible.

I can picture it now Sam. You and spud arguing about Tuiaki and Moimoi's eligibility for New Zealand :lol: Watch those Lancastrians though Sam, they are well known in Britain for trying to avoid their round. Tighter than a duck's ar$e they are. ;-)

Sam_the_man

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
I can picture it now Sam. You and spud arguing about Tuiaki and Moimoi's eligibility for New Zealand :lol: Watch those Lancastrians though Sam, they are well known in Britain for trying to avoid their round. Tighter than a duck's ar$e they are. ;-)

Lol yeah i've heard all about them, there pretty good at grabbing someone elses glass as well arn't they and finishing it off just as they have to leave:)

Are you going to the WC Pommy?

deluded pom?

Coach
Unfortunately not Sam. It's a big family holiday to Florida next year and finances won't stretch that far :( And yes, minesweeping is rife in Oldham ;-)

deluded pom?

Coach
Spud always has horlicks when in a round. That way he's fast asleep by the time he's in the chair :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poul

Juniors
I've just booked my flights from Sydney so I'll be able to attend as many World Cup games as possible :crazy:
2 trips to Townsville ( never been there before :cool: ) for England v PNG, and Australia v PNG, and one return via Brisbane and Gold Coast for semi-final qualifier at Skilled
2 trips to Brisbane for semi-final and final
1 trip to Mebourne for England v Australia.
Should be able to get to most of the Sydney games, plus Fiji v France in the 'gong (really looking forward to that one), plus the Gosford and Newcastle games.
Now all I need to do is book accommodation and match tickets :sarcasm:
The credit card is going to cop a real hammering :shock:

Arucard

Juniors
Ill be going to,
Australia vs New Zealand
Tonga vs Ireland
Semi-final qualifier
Semi-final in brisbane
and the Final

Seems ill be the only one from the JRLA coming down for the tournament.

jim_57

Staff member
I'll be going to

Rockhampton Rankings Game
SFQ @ Skilled
Semi and Final @Suncorp

Plus I might look at getting to Australia V PNG if I can.

roughyedspud

Coach
me...

ENG v PNG - townsville
ENG v AUS - melbourne
IRE v SAM - parramatta
ENG v NZ - newcastle
ranking game - penrith
brisbane semi
sydney semi if england top the group
final

plus (puts on tin hat) AUS v IRELAND, international rules @ the MCG (thats the only reason i'm going) & AUS v NZ, day 1 or 2 of the cricket test @ the gabba

Nook

Bench
Aus v NZ - Syd
Aus v Eng - Melb
Final - Brissy

Might duck along to games in the Gong and Canberra too

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
my hopeful estimate of 10, is down to 3-4 due to finances :(. Still should be good though, i reckon the Tonga V Samoa game, Fiji V France and one or 2 at parra.

Last edited:

Red C

Juniors
I'm going to Aus v Nz in Sydney
Ire v Tonga at parra
Eng v Aus Melbourne (plus international rules game also poss)
Eng v NZ in Newcastle
Brisbane Semi
Final
Cant wait, 5 weeks til I fly out im counting down the days......:crazy:

Poul

Juniors
I've just booked my flights from Sydney .........
2 trips to Townsville ( never been there before :cool: ) for England v PNG, and Australia v PNG, ................
Now all I need to do is book accommodation and match tickets :sarcasm:

Just booked my accommodation in Townsville for the England v PNG game; Jupiters Hotel, sounds swank, hope the missus likes it :pray:
I get in on Saturday around Midday. Does anyone ( local perhaps) know if it would be possible to get over to Magnetic Island for a few hours, and be back at Dairy Farmers in time for kick off at 6:55pm ? Or, are there any other "must see" attractions either in or around Townsville? I'll be hiring a car from the airport, so will be able to go beyond the city limits.
Thanks in advance :thumn

Latest posts