What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's going to or is attending the WC?

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeh. Im going to about 10 games. Like the eligibility laws or not it's international footy. How many times can you watch a World cup in your life time?

The Observer

Staff member
At the moment:
Aus vs NZ (with Aboriginal/TSI vs Maori curtain raiser)- SFS
England vs NZ - Newcastle
Hopefully a semi final or a game at Woollongong/Gosford

Charge

Juniors
I'm leaving on the 31st of Oct, arrive in the morning of the Eng vs Aus game. Bring it on!

DACSSDOWN

Juniors
Having a bit of a lads weekend at the footy. Heading down to Sydney for the Tonga v Samoa game on Fri 31 Oct 08, then to France v Fiji in Wollongong on Saturday and then down to Melbourne for the Aus v Eng on the Sunday. Can't wait, although not looking forward to the Monday...

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Flying to Sydney for Aus v NZ
Then going to NZ v PNG on the Coast
Then the two games at Lang Park

The bloody World Cup's on during my exam period, I'm screwed :lol:

Red C

Juniors
17 days to go.....

I will be in Sydney for the Eng v PNG game, can anybody recommend a good pub/leagues club to watch it? Any other England fans in Sydney for this game?

Poul

Juniors
Just got my accommodation booked for Melbourne. Pretty tight with Melbourne Cup also on the following Tuesday. Just hope there's some tickets for Telstra Dome left :shock:.

Ram Man

Juniors
I would love to go but the missus blew up...I tossed up going to the Aus vs NZ game on the 26th Oct but its the day after my wedding....you can imagine how well that went down....lol

Thomas

First Grade
We've got 4 of us going to the Aus-PNG game in Townsville. I am up there for work and was supposed to be coming back on the Friday...but I think a weekend in TV ending with a World Cup game is in order, what do you think? Taking a bunch of clients as well...so thank you work!

Also going to one of the semis.

Poul

Juniors
Just booked my accommodation in Townsville for the England v PNG game; Jupiters Hotel, sounds swank, hope the missus likes it :pray:
I get in on Saturday around Midday. Does anyone ( local perhaps) know if it would be possible to get over to Magnetic Island for a few hours, and be back at Dairy Farmers in time for kick off at 6:55pm ? Or, are there any other "must see" attractions either in or around Townsville? I'll be hiring a car from the airport, so will be able to go beyond the city limits.
Thanks in advance :thumn

With just over a day before I get to Townsville, does anyone have any suggestions for any sightseeing, local attractions, that can be done on the Saturday afternoon?

brendothejet

First Grade
With just over a day before I get to Townsville, does anyone have any suggestions for any sightseeing, local attractions, that can be done on the Saturday afternoon?

put everything of value you own in a bag, lock it, put it in front of you, don't take your eyes off it.

:)