What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Going to the Knights vs Roosters?

Jedda

Juniors
I've been making enquiries and it so turns out that if I sell my soul to the Devil I'm about an 80% chance of making the game this weekend.

Being a lonely Kiwi with no relatives living in Sydney (strange I know!) I'm asking you guys if you can help me out with my travel plans.

The key information I need to know is;

Cheap accommodation near the stadium
Travel Options to and from Airport and Stadium
Is anyone willing to meet up at the game.

I'm in the process of buying a general admission ticket here in NZ rather than relying on being able to buy a ticket at the game.

Plans have hit a financial snag at the moment but I should be 100% certain of making the game by tomorrow evening.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you Knights fans and having a great day supporting the Knights to Victory against the Goosters!

The_Ben

Juniors
Unfortunately I'm at my Rugby clubs presentation night next Saturday night. I'd have to be an outside favourite to take out 4th grade player of the year, so I'm going to that instead. Also in the running for club utility player of the year due to playing so many positions this year.

Encurly

Juniors
For a variety of reasons, I won't be going to the game :( I'm also not a Sydneysider, but the following might help.

For accommodations, try sites such as www.lastminute.com.au and www.wotif.com.au. You might also want to search for backpacker accomodation.

Locationwise, Randwick could be a good choice - it's more or less between the ground and the airport. I found the High Cross Park Lodge http://www.au.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Product.jhtml?PRODID=331791426&CATID=91966 on lastminute - around $60 for a single room. I make no guarantees on quality, though.

If you want somewhere more...um... interesting to stay, then Kings Cross and Darlinghurst are fairly close to the ground, too.

You can find bus timetables etc at http://www.sta.nsw.gov.au/ - once you get to your accommodation, reception there should be able to help you with route numbers, too.

Hope that all helps.

Risa

Bench
I'm there, friend is getting me tickets tomorrow. There's a group of about 7 of us going.

Can't wait!

knightsno1fan

Juniors
I can't go either because I already have plans that I can't really back out of. :cry:
Everyone who's going have a blast! And cheer extra loud for us unfortunate people who couldnt get there. :D

bronnie34

Juniors
Damn I didn't realise when I made plans for my Birthday that the knights would be playing saturday night, so I can't make it. Would have loved to have gone, hope everybody has a great time. Should be a great contest!

Terminator

First Grade
bronnie34 said:
Damn I didn't realise when I made plans for my Birthday that the knights would be playing saturday night, so I can't make it. Would have loved to have gone, hope everybody has a great time. Should be a great contest!

Why don't you just have the party at the game?

knightsgal85

Juniors
terminator007 said:

Brilliant idea terminator007. You'll be on full voice Bronnie & will be able to have the perfect birthday present when the Knights manage to get home against the Roosters if you go to the game ;-) After the victory, you can continue partying all night & into the early hours of the morning celebrating your birthday & the Knights victory in style.

Happy Birthday Bronnie for Saturday (I'm only assuming it is on Saturday). If the Knights manage to post a win, that has ought to be one of the perfect birthday presents ever :D

the_knights_rule

First Grade
im going! ill be sitting in bay 33 which is an alocated knights suppourter area which is good cos i dont wanna be sitting with the enemy

Jedda

Juniors
Woohoo!!!!!

I got the money, have booked my plane tickets and even have a ticket for the game.

Who said Kiwi's are flightless?

Still haven't sorted out accommodation just yet but a BIG THANKYOU to Encurly for pointing me in the right direction.

I've got a general admission "unreserved" ticket for the game so I'll be looking to meet up with some Knights fans as protection from the Goosters fan.

To Ben; Pity you're going to miss the game - I was hoping a party animal like you would have some tips about the nightlife in Sydney. Good luck for your awards night though!

Everything is starting to fall into place, the only bit missing ATM is a Knights Victory, but we should have that by Saturday Night!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
well i hope you get the see them win seeing as your coming all the way over from new zealand!
im sure you'll find a bunch of knights fans to sit with :)

bronnie34

Juniors
knightsgal85 said:
terminator007 said:

Brilliant idea terminator007. You'll be on full voice Bronnie & will be able to have the perfect birthday present when the Knights manage to get home against the Roosters if you go to the game ;-) After the victory, you can continue partying all night & into the early hours of the morning celebrating your birthday & the Knights victory in style.

Happy Birthday Bronnie for Saturday (I'm only assuming it is on Saturday). If the Knights manage to post a win, that has ought to be one of the perfect birthday presents ever :D

Would love to have the party at the game but none of my friends like footy so thats out of the question and things are already organised so its a damn shame. Would have made a great night, kicking on and celebrating two things the knights win and my birthday.

Thanks knightsgal for the birthday wish, its on the friday but have to work so partying on saturday instead.

Jedda

Juniors
Bad luck for you having to work on your birthday Bronnie.

Hope you have a great day anyway and an even better time celebrating it on Saturday.

All the best

Jedda

Anonymous

Juniors
Jedda said:
I've been making enquiries and it so turns out that if I sell my soul to the Devil I'm about an 80% chance of making the game this weekend.

Being a lonely Kiwi with no relatives living in Sydney (strange I know!) I'm asking you guys if you can help me out with my travel plans.

The key information I need to know is;

Cheap accommodation near the stadium
Travel Options to and from Airport and Stadium
Is anyone willing to meet up at the game.

I'm in the process of buying a general admission ticket here in NZ rather than relying on being able to buy a ticket at the game.

Plans have hit a financial snag at the moment but I should be 100% certain of making the game by tomorrow evening.

I'm looking forward to meeting all you Knights fans and having a great day supporting the Knights to Victory against the Goosters!

I lived in Kensington for many a year and used to walk to the ground......The best cheap accomodation is...........

http://www.lookonline.com.au/holiday_accommodation/stmarkslodgeguesthouse.htm

-or-

Thoroughbred Motel
11 Alison Rd
Kensington 2033
Australia
FAX 612 9662 1230
Telephone 61 2 9662 6044
1 km from university
A$50.00 single A$65.00 twin/double - budget room
A$65.00 single A$75.00 twin/double - motel room (larger)

Is about 5 minutes walk away from the ground on Alison Road, right next to centenial park.

Take the train from the Airport to green square, then cab it to Randwick ( about 15 bucks). You can walk to the ground and back from Randwick/Kenso, it only takes about 10 minutes.

It is great fun walking back when you win, but when you lose...........boy, avoid the main road!!!!. Oh, you may need to avoid the Star Wars Security guards too @ Fox.......

Just ask someone which direction to walk in, you cant miss it.

If i can get a sitter for my baby girl i will be there and would love to meet you.

GO THE KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Terminator

First Grade
bronnie34 said:
knightsgal85 said:
terminator007 said:

Would love to have the party at the game but none of my friends like footy so thats out of the question and things are already organised so its a damn shame. Would have made a great night, kicking on and celebrating two things the knights win and my birthday.

Thanks knightsgal for the birthday wish, its on the friday but have to work so partying on saturday instead.

Your friends should give you the ultimate birthday pressie and take you to the Knights game anyway, its your day is'nt it, give them a rev from me! :D

Jedda

Juniors
If i can get a sitter for my baby girl i will be there and would love to meet you.

GO THE KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Hi Pando

Thanks for your advice. I've booked accommodation in Padington so hopefully I won't be too far away from the stadium or the airport.

I would like to meet up with you before the game, feel free to PM me once you know if you are coming for sure and we'll make arrangements.

I'm also supposed to be meeting up with Risa and her friends and possibly Terminator so it would be really cool if we could get a whole bunch of people together from the forum and get to meet all at once.

I fly out of NZ at 5:30 pm on Friday (3:30 Aust Time) and arrive in Oz about 7:00 pm (Aust Time). I'll jump on the net once I arrive at the hotel and try to catch up with any last minute details I may have forgotten.

Looking forward to meeting you.

bronnie34

Juniors
Jedda said:
Bad luck for you having to work on your birthday Bronnie.

Hope you have a great day anyway and an even better time celebrating it on Saturday.

All the best

Jedda

Cheers Jedda
Hope you have a great time at the footy after all the effort you have gone to and the boys reward you with a win.

bronnie34

Juniors
terminator007 said:
Your friends should give you the ultimate birthday pressie and take you to the Knights game anyway, its your day is'nt it, give them a rev from me! :D

Will do that for you! My friends are boring and hate the footy. I usually go there with my sister who is a broncos fan but she works on a saturday night so I made other arrangements, stupid me!
Might try to go to a pub and watch it on a big screen while getting trashed.
Hope everybody that goes to the game has an awesome time.

Latest posts