What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's our next priority Re-signing??

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
I would be shifting Morts to the top of that list, kid has a lot of potential and an excellent attitude towards the game

The Colonel

Immortal
Morts first and foremost.

Then Mateo.

I think Fui will look to England beyond next year.

I'd be looking at bringing home Jonny Mannah and at any other props that are coming off contract for 2010.

I'd then look to whoever performs out of A. Mitchell and K. Keating and signing them.

Then the backline - Inu and the like.

Delboy

First Grade
Colonel, frightening that we agree on this topic, Fui will head to the UK and we need to look at what is available.

John Mannah doesn't look right for him to be wearing another clubs jersey, and as an aside. most people were going to Tim Mannah last night and asking for best wishes to be passed to John, think Tim was very happy about that.

Freak2

Juniors
I think Meteo is as good as gone unfortunately.

Just cannot see him staying. Can see him at the Dogs in 2011.

Morts has to be our next signing. If he avoids 2nd year in syndrome he will be worth double what is is now. I think we should be getting in early.

Gronk

Staff member
I have a feeling the Dogs will be going after Mateo pretty hard. Dymock will be in his ear no doubt.

He'll need to show that he can play consistently well in the first half of the comp in 2010 IMHO. Otherwise he'll just be another player who showed occasional glimpses of brilliance and "could have been anything".

eels4lyf

I keep hearing that the interest from the dogs is in fact very strong and he is very keen for a change in scenery.

Problem with this is eventhough i know the guys giving me this info do have close ties with the doggies, i have no idea how credible these so called 'sources' are so i am not saying the above is true or intense or whatever.

Put simply i was just wondering if stags or someone could shed some light on this at all?

caylo

Bench
He'll need to show that he can play consistently well in the first half of the comp in 2010 IMHO. Otherwise he'll just be another player who showed occasional glimpses of brilliance and "could have been anything".

Maybe so but I would have the signning priority as

Fui
Mateo
KK
Inu
Mortz

To me Fui and Mateo arnt replaceable as the others and I would offer them similar contracts as to what they are on now (250 and 300K). I would start talks with both of them immediatly and then I would follow it up with talks between KK and Inu and wait to mid year to start talks with Mortz (as he has asked).
With Humble in the side I dont think we need to keep both Mortz and KK (if we can then we should). Mitchell should wait till mid season aswell after his played a few games.

The Colonel

Immortal
Colonel, frightening that we agree on this topic, Fui will head to the UK and we need to look at what is available.

He has always said looking after his family is his main priority. He'd easily have three years in England at the least left in him.

John Mannah doesn't look right for him to be wearing another clubs jersey, and as an aside. most people were going to Tim Mannah last night and asking for best wishes to be passed to John, think Tim was very happy about that.

I'd rather not see a repeat of Jason Cayless at the Roosters doing well. Jon needs to be in the blue and gold alongside his brother and I'm glad to here about the best wishes going to Tim on his brothers behalf.

Poore is the replacement IMO for Fui.

We also have forgotten a possible important piece in all this and that is the possible departure of Nathan Cayless as well.

The players I'd look at if available - Aiden Tolman, Eddy Pettybourne, Jarrod Saffy and given the Dragons reluctance to pay overs - Mick Weyman.

Eels Dude

Coach
I also think Fui will be lost to the UK. At 31, and being offered more money over there it only makes sense. Morts should be first retained, followed by Mateo, then perhaps Luke Burt who I think offers more than Inu as a whole.

Eels Dude

Coach
Why don't you ask them personally? No one is gonna know for sure... Mateo has been a Parra supporter his entire life, but that only counts for so much.

Freak2

Juniors
What do you mean possible Colonel?;-)

Not sure if Europe is for Fui Fui. I think he might stay on.

fish eel

Immortal
So now Hayne is signed up, we're all gonna jump at shadows and evry little rumour about Mateo now?

The Colonel

Immortal
What do you mean possible Colonel?;-)

Not sure if Europe is for Fui Fui. I think he might stay on.

Europe have chased him quite hard and he has always said that it is a priority for him to look after his family first and foremost. If, when? ;-), Nathan goes then he could be persuaded to stay by increasing his salary quite substantially. That said the likelihood is that the money on offer from England will be quite enticing.

Jon Mannah would be great to have back.

I have chosen Mateo as the next priority because he adds the Xfactor to our pack. Not too many big boys left with that kind of skill and vision. He brings that balance to our pack, we can't just have robots in our team.

Gronk,

I think Mateo has proved himself over the last few years. If he had been put on much earlier in the GF things may of been different.