What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's our next priority Re-signing??

hindy111

Post Whore
Cant loose mateo...
He offers something know one else does and you cant just get plays like him.....id be gutted if lost felti.he will prove to be the best forward imo next year....

IFR33K

Coach
A couple of months ago, I spoke to Feliti, as he is a good friend of my cousin, and he assured me he wont be leaving the eels. He was a big fan as a kid, and all his mates are here. So I suppose its up to the management to put a decent offer on the table. Its pretty much the same story with Inu. He was approached by the eels, for a release to the dogs, but he declined, and wants to remain an eel.

IMO, the next priority signings are;

1) either KK or Morts ( atleast one of these halves)
2) Fui for another year, unless he isnt chasing the big dollars, then 2 years.
3) Mateo
4) Inu.
5) Grothe/Burt/Reddy

I dont think Cayless is a priority, and there are better props out there in myopinion.

parra pete

Referee
Cant loose mateo...
He offers something know one else does and you cant just get plays like him.....id be gutted if lost felti.he will prove to be the best forward imo next year....

Mate, if he stays he stays, if he goes he goes. Not the end of the world either way.

hindy111

Post Whore
he is fun to watch thou-Excitement-I luv watching him and moi moi so as a general fan its exciting

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't understand the logic of some of you guys...How anyone could not consider Fuifui Moimoi (imo the game's best prop right now) a priority re-signing is baffling...Sure, we now have Shackleton and Poore, but if we were to lose Fui it'd be one step forward and three steps back.

IMO:

(1) Fui
(2) Feleti
(3) Mortimer
(4) Inu

Hopefully they can all stay. And with the way Ando and Ossie are running the show, why wouldn't they? :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
those 3 players combined wouldn't even total half of burts pay check when and if they renegotiate new contracts, so for depth purposes ....yes:p

those 3 players wouldn't contribute a tenth of what Burt has in the past 12 months, infact not many in this club has and in his 11th season he won the Murray Wilson tryscoring award for the second time in his career, he remains the second highest point scorer in the clubs history and will remain there for some time, I also heard as late as yesterday that he's training better than he ever has..

to suggest he should be the last priority signed is pretty dumb at best and I'm glad those with more knowledge don't think the same.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Id say Mateo and K Keating should be our next priorities. I also hope we re-sign burt for a few more years, i think he's got more left in him.

Raudonikis

Juniors
i would be hoping for mateo/morts/kk/ Burt..imo fui has 1 top line nrl year left in him and we are going to have a gun in poore going into the future anyway.

one thing is for sure, PO and co have their work cut out for them over the next few years, i trust DA and PO will make the right decisions.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I have faith in DA, Im sure that he will build a team that will be competitive. It is the NRL though so there will always be ups and downs.

Eelementary

Post Whore
i would be hoping for mateo/morts/kk/ Burt..imo fui has 1 top line nrl year left in him and we are going to have a gun in poore going into the future anyway.

IMO Fui has the earned himself the right to write his own cheque and decide how long he wants to grace us with his greatness.

What's hat saying? That props get better with age? He's only 30. Or 31. He's good a good couple of years left.

I think the bigger issue is Fui has to ask himself if he wants to stay in the NRL or potentially maximize his earnings by heading overseas.

Hallatia

Referee
IMO Fui has the earned himself the right to write his own cheque and decide how long he wants to grace us with his greatness.

What's hat saying? That props get better with age? He's only 30. Or 31. He's good a good couple of years left.

I think the bigger issue is Fui has to ask himself if he wants to stay in the NRL or potentially maximize his earnings by heading overseas.
I'm with you on this, he definitely still has a few more years of top flight football in him. He is at the top of his game at the moment and shows no sign of slowing down, I would definitely want him for at least 2 more years...

The Colonel

Immortal
I don't think the issue will be whether or not we want to keep Fui at the club. The issue will be twofold - whether we can afford to keep him at the club and whether the offers he has had in the past have wet his appetite to play in England. He wouldn't be a part of the five overseas players so a lot of clubs will send some decent money his way from overseas.... loyalty IMO will be the deciding factor.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Alot of people saying KK. He has some potential but I would want to see a lot more from him in NRL before he is a priority signing.

lingard

Coach
In that case, where would you play Inu in 2010 and at whose expense? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him stay, I think he is a very valuable player on and off the field.

That`s the conundrum, isn`t it? Whatever happens, there will be a couple of very good first graders in the Wenty side next year. Who will they be?

lingard

Coach
In that case, where would you play Inu in 2010 and at whose expense? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him stay, I think he is a very valuable player on and off the field.

That`s the conundrum, isn`t it? Whatever happens, there will be a couple of very good first graders in the Wenty side next year. Who will they be?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
To be honest, I dont think we know enough about KK's or Mortimers game yet to promise either of them a startign spot.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't think the issue will be whether or not we want to keep Fui at the club. The issue will be twofold - whether we can afford to keep him at the club and whether the offers he has had in the past have wet his appetite to play in England. He wouldn't be a part of the five overseas players so a lot of clubs will send some decent money his way from overseas.... loyalty IMO will be the deciding factor.

I wouldn't begrudge him if he left. I'd hate to see it, but imo he's definitely got the right to go if he thinks that's best for him and his family.