What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's your favourite cricketter?

The Colonel

Immortal
If the walls of my house, my bookshelf and a few other bits and pieces in my house are anything to go by then I would have to guess Steve Waugh....

GILLY GILLY GILLY!!! :lol:
ALLLLL THE WAY
LOVE HIM!!! :D
HES A LEGEND!!!

oh but MaTTy HayDen is not far behind he rulz too!!!

roofromoz

First Grade
Australia: Adam Gilchrist, closely followed by Steve Waugh

International: Toss up between Michael Vaughan and Sachin Tendulkar

Azkatro

First Grade
Viv Richards symbolised the scourge of the cricketing world when he used to lead that invincible Windies side in the late 80's. He used to have a presence at the crease that I've not witness by many other sportsmen.. let alone cricketers. I've got video of him whacking a six against Geoff Lawson in a test match that is just remarkable - Lawson coming in from around the wicket, pitches a bit full, and Viv just leans into it with a mighty *WHACK* that saw the thing sail over long on at the MCG - and he used to have countless moments like that.

I'm a big fan of a lot of the other guys from that Windies squad, particularly Haynes, Logie and Dujon. As far as Aussies go, as far as I'm concerned Allan Border is still the unsung hero of where the Australian side is today. And Dean Jones for his innings against India in the tied test and the Bevan-stomping way in which he changed the face of one-day cricket after the Aussie's '87 world cup win.

PB

Bench
No one gets me in front of the TV quicker than when Gilly is batting. He is the most exciting cricketer in the world by miles!

Deano is my alltime fav player that i got to watch and appreciate.

As mentioned his knock in Madras, his 145 against the Poms in Brisbane which stood as the score to beat in ODI's for a long time, priceless. His Ashes tour in 89 or whenever, Headingley, brilliant.

Bond.......Shane Bond. Leave's ya stumps shaken...not stirred.
BEST FAST BOWLER IN THE WORLD MATES!!! ADMIT IT!!!! :D

Overseas I like Brian Lara & Adam Gilchrist.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The batsman the I most enjoy watching was Michale Slater, closely followed by Dean Jones and can't leave out Vivvy.

Best bowler would be Brett Lee followed by Shane Warne.

As Bill Lawrey says "they are the guys that you would pay money to go and watch"

Azkatro

First Grade
I can understand why you would pay money to go and see Brett Lee. He's one of the few Aussie bowlers that give opposition batsmen a chance to hit some boundaries :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
It's hard to say, I'm far too objective when it comes to cricket, and none of the current NZ team really fills me with confidence. I used to like Craig McMillan but oddly enough he seemed to find his best batting form over the first 2 years of his career.

There are however many cricketers I dislike, especially Lou Vincent because he is crap, Daniel Vettori because he must be the only bowler in world cricket who averages in the mid 30s and yet is considered "world class", and Adam Gilchrist. God I despise Gilchrist. He finds the middle of the bat once in a blue moon and seems to have an endless supply of good luck and flukey shots. His batting is about as attractive to watch as a cows arse in full bowel motion and everything he does is just plain ugly. He looks about as good at the crease as my 11 year old brother playing in the backyard.

Anonymous

Juniors
Gotta disagree with you on Vettori and Gilchrist. Vettori's average is high because he'd rather take wickets than protect his average, somthing which most test players do. Gilchrist-are you stoned or what? He is one of the best batsman in the world to watch, his test average of 60 over 47 odd tests has nothing to do with luck, it's because he's an unbelievably good batsman.

weasel

First Grade
Ponting and Lara. I think those two plus Tendulkar are head and shoulders above all other batsmen in the world as the most gifted of our generation.

Azkatro

First Grade
Timbo said:
Gotta disagree with you on Vettori and Gilchrist. Vettori's average is high because he'd rather take wickets than protect his average, somthing which most test players do. Gilchrist-are you stoned or what? He is one of the best batsman in the world to watch, his test average of 60 over 47 odd tests has nothing to do with luck, it's because he's an unbelievably good batsman.

Errr, doesn't bowling average denote the average number of deliveries per wicket? It looks like you're talking about economy rate there.

As far as Gilly goes, I can see where Henry's coming from because as a swashbuckler he does get the odd snick to the fence. But in a good innings he finds the middle of the bat more often than not and picks the gaps quite nicely.

weasel said:
Ponting and Lara. I think those two plus Tendulkar are head and shoulders above all other batsmen in the world as the most gifted of our generation.

Ponting, like most of the Aussies, tends to struggle against a decent spin attack, doesn't he?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Always been a huge fan of martin crowe even though he is queer
Internationaly:Jacques Kallis
Domestic:Matthew Walker-Hails to the fat bastard!

Latest posts