What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's your favourite cricketter?

SHAGMOP

Juniors
Mine is Andy Bichel. i said at the start of the world cup that he would show the selectors how good he really is, and boy was i right! now he is the best bowler on the australian side!

El Diablo

Post Whore
I know that ozbash and myself think Warney is the greatest cricketer of all time. ozbash describes him as "grouse" actually.

005542.jpg

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Fav Australian Player and overall player has to be Punter, followed him when he was playing under 15's and back then when I was a boonie fan he said that Punter would be a slashing player of the future and he wasn't wrong...

Fav overseas player was Andy Flower until he retired , Flower was a legend and I plan to see him go around when he battles the Blues some time this season... I have also always liked Chanderpaul, small but a very gutsy and consistant batsman can bowl the occasional off spin as well.

ozbash

Referee
you are right of course el dook,, there is no doubt about his greatness,, no doubt at all.. 8)

fav other grouse cricketer/s --tie between merv hughes and mark greatbatch.

Anonymous

Juniors
Who can go past Matt Hayden. :)

Adam Gilchrist is also a stand out.

One player I really follow through First Class cricket though is Michael Hussey. I'm a big fan.

kaon

Juniors
I can't remember the guys name but my favourite of all time is that Zimbabwe player from a couple of years ago who only played one match against Australia in Hobart.

In the space of 10 minutes he dropped a catch, missed a run-out and made several misfields. He was eventually replaced when he attempted a dive and jarred he knee taking half the outfield with him. Classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Angus MacKay was the player.

Anyways back to favourite cricketers, it has to be the legend himself STEVE WAUGH!!!. I wouldnt mind seeing him play just one more one-day game for Australia.

bucko

Juniors
In Australia I'd have to go with Steve Waugh, Gilchrist and McGrath.

Overseas though would be Tendular, he's got the best timing in the world (better then the entire aussie batting line up IMO), I mean how often does he block it through the covers for 4? I can't wait for the one day series to start up in Australia.

aqua_duck

Coach
My favourite test player would be Gilly, favourite domestic player Michael Clarke, without a doubt. Favourite International player Jacques Kallis.

ozzie

Bench
Gilchrist - he is so exciting to watch bat...he has the sweetest bat or the best timing i have ever seen in a batsman...the situation never faze's him.

it is daunting for teams to see Gilchrist coming into bat at the fall of the fifth wicket. Remember he has a test average of over 60..not bad for a number 6.

I will always drop thing I am doing just to watch tv and him batting...

mullet

Juniors
Aus player - i love warney waugh and hayden

international neil mc kenzie south african

Latest posts