What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose overated at your club?

Bumble mentioned Mark Minichello...i just wish souths would give him a go instead of off the bench...I d love to see him in knights colours

Iafeta

Referee
In my eyes at the Warriors:- Francis Meli, Clinton Toopi

Realistically its more like...

VODAFONE WARRIORS V NORTH QUEENSLAND

Dairy Farmers Stadium, Townsville

7.30pm, Saturday, July 2

VODAFONE WARRIORS TEAM

BRENT WEBB

FRANCIS MELI

CLINTONTOOPI

JEROME ROPATI

MANU VATUVEI

NATHAN FIEN

STACEY JONES (C)

RUBEN WIKI

LANCE HOHAIA

IAFETA PALEAAESINA

AWEN GUTTENBEIL

WAIRANGI KOOPU

SIONE FAUMUINA

RICHARD VILLASANTI

KARL TEMATA

MONTY BETHAM

SIMON MANNERING

18th MAN: TODD BYRNE

Bumble

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
lockyer 4th huh?
Please...rate the top 5 players in your opinion. I will even start it for you.

1. A Johns
4. D Lockyer

the only simpleton is you..you and your club that you follow. Since Johns has been back no one has said lockyer has been the best in the world constantly. Just a few QLDrs that stick up for a fellow maroon. Majority say Johns is. But hey, you dont want to let facts get in the way of your post do you? :rolleyes:

The fact that you call me simple because I go for a team that isn't as successful at the moment as the Broncos is just ridiculous.

Anyway,
1. Nathan Hindmarsh
2. Andrew Johns
3. Keith Senior
4. Darren Lockyer
5. Matt Orford

Everyone thinks that you have to be a half/five-eighth to be the best. I disagree.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Tahu earns a sh*tload of money which he doesn't deserve. He's a fantastic winger, but he's no centre. He made Origin purely because of his reputation as a winger.

Cayless has been out of form for years now, as has Wagon.

But yet, they would be automatic selection for your team!:rolleyes:
Just keep think this people....it will be all the sweeter at the end! :D

Dog-E

Juniors
I'm not going thru this whole damn thread...And so I doubt I'll be the first to say for my club - BRAITH ANASTA!...Well apparently!

Yes, yes - Very droll, I know...so sue me!! :p

Dog-E

Juniors
Bumble said:
The fact that you call me simple because I go for a team that isn't as successful at the moment as the Broncos is just ridiculous.

Anyway,
1. Nathan Hindmarsh
2. Andrew Johns
3. Keith Senior
4. Darren Lockyer
5. Matt Orford

Everyone thinks that you have to be a half/five-eighth to be the best. I disagree.

Geez....#1?? Hindy's a fine player - but he's hardly EVER gonna win u a game off the back of his own individual performances, as Lockyer and Johns - and others can on a regular basis!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Tahu earns a sh*tload of money which he doesn't deserve. He's a fantastic winger, but he's no centre. He made Origin purely because of his reputation as a winger.

Cayless has been out of form for years now, as has Wagon.

You = Tosser.

You're just sour that your pathetic management couldn't keep Tahu and Kennedy, but that's ok, you've got Anthony Quinn and Reegan Tanner to make up for those losses. You'd think being a Knights fan you guys wouldn't mouth off so much, but you just can't help yourselves.

I think I speak for most Eels fans when I say we're happy with Tahu, he's getting better every game and is defending well. Cayless is in great form Wagon was too before he got injured. I dare you to watch a Parramatta game without your red and blue goggles on and watch Tahu play, because you obviously haven't been watching, or you're too busy enjoying the view from the bottom of the table.

As for overrated at Parra, I have to say Vella. Gets dominated every tackle and is currently holding Peek out of our side (who has been going very well). But if he's the worst I can find then we must be doing pretty well.

Dog-E

Juniors
If u think Tahu has been even half the player this season - when on the field - that he was at Newcastle 2 years or so ago - u have rocks in your heads!!!

But that's what u ge when u pay top bucks....for such an injury prone player...Some might point the same finger at Sonny Bill - but Tagu has been 'performing' that trick for YEARS AND YEARS now!

Great player......just made of glass!...Which makes it hard to get a decent run of footy together - and therefore play yourself ito some REAL form!

And whilst Tim Smith is a top little player already @ the age of 20 - he ain't no Andrew Johns....and any outside backs feeding of Andrew Johns - will always look a lot better than a ny outside backs feeding off most other halfbacks!

Joey could deadset just about make Luke Covell or Scott Minto look like Chicka Ferguson!!!

Fact.

Johns Magic

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
You = Tosser.

You're just sour that your pathetic management couldn't keep Tahu and Kennedy, but that's ok, you've got Anthony Quinn and Reegan Tanner to make up for those losses. You'd think being a Knights fan you guys wouldn't mouth off so much, but you just can't help yourselves.

I think I speak for most Eels fans when I say we're happy with Tahu, he's getting better every game and is defending well. Cayless is in great form Wagon was too before he got injured. I dare you to watch a Parramatta game without your red and blue goggles on and watch Tahu play, because you obviously haven't been watching, or you're too busy enjoying the view from the bottom of the table.

I'm not bitter that we lost Tahu. If you signed a winger to play centre for $350,000 a year then that's good for you. But how he got into the NSW side in front of the likes of Grothe, El Masri, Roberts, etc is baffling.

What has the Knights position on the table got to do with anything? If you have to resort to comments like that then it just shows your lack of maturity. "Your teams not doing well so that means you can't have an opinion". How old are you, 9? You were allowed to post in 2003 and 2004.

Cayless and Wagon have hit form for the first time in, what? Three years?

How does Ben Kennedy come into this? Oh right, you can't present a proper argument so you have to resort to petty insults. I remember now.
But for the record, our back-row of Steve Simpson, Daniel Abraham, Clint Newton, Kirk Reynoldson and Kade Snowden(18 year old who scored three tries and got Man of the Match for Australian Schoolboys against BARLA last year) will do me fine.

RABK

Referee
Jay i have alot of respect for you mate but JM is pretty spot on with that post.

Turn our attention to QLD boys. ;-)

Glen

Bench
Nathan Cayless had two terrible years with injury. He started slowly this year but ever since a few rounds in he has been playing excellent footy, one of the Eels best players. I don't how he would be overrated anyway, the Kiwis dropped him and he was widely regarded as out of form and injury prone for the last couple of years.

Wagon may be a little overrated but like Cayless, has picked up his game this year as well. He's a strong defender and can make inroads in attack as well.

SHD

Juniors
Possibly Michael Ennis...But only if people keep touting him as a future kangaroo