What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are these people in the team?

albi

Juniors
What the fcku has Danny Buderus done to deserve his place in an Australian team? As far as I can tell, captaining a team to 14 straight losses is the only criteria.

How about Fitzgibbon? Talk about a myth, he's it. He might make 50 tackles in a game, but he's usually the second or third guy in after the tackle has virtually been completed.

Ryan? Did nothing all year yet is rated is one of the best back rowers in the game? I'm baffled.

Minichello. How he was selected ahead of Hodgson is one of the greatest mysteries of our time. Put him on the wing to replace Tahu, and bring in Hodgson.

Ryles. Softest prop in the game.

Lockyer. When in form he is one of the best. He's not in form at the moment and shouldn't be in the team.

Sir Biffo

Bench
albi said:
What the fcku has Danny Buderus done to deserve his place in an Australian team? As far as I can tell, captaining a team to 14 straight losses is the only criteria.

How about Fitzgibbon? Talk about a myth, he's it. He might make 50 tackles in a game, but he's usually the second or third guy in after the tackle has virtually been completed.

Ryan? Did nothing all year yet is rated is one of the best back rowers in the game? I'm baffled.

Minichello. How he was selected ahead of Hodgson is one of the greatest mysteries of our time. Put him on the wing to replace Tahu, and bring in Hodgson.

Lockyer. When in form he is one of the best. He's not in form at the moment and shouldn't be in the team.

I completely agree with Ryan and Hindmarsh, however Minichello has done absolutely nothing wrong. I think Hodgson is a good player stuck behind even better players. Minichello should go to wing, and Lockyer should be moved back to fullback, however is a test match the best place for Lockyer to find his feet at fullback again?

thommo4pm

Coach
Buderus is the best hooker in the game and did not do anything on Saturday night to suggest otherwise.

Fitzgibbon : I agree with your assessment.
Ryan : I agree, there are better options.

Minichiello : Played as well as he was allowed too. Thought he went ok, and would still have him in my team ahead of Hodgson.

Ryles: Here we go, another Ryles basher, if he is so soft why does he keep getting picked for Origin and Australia. What exactly did Ryles do wrong on Saturday night???? Check out his stats from Saturday night, tell me what he done worng and what is soft about them.

Lockyer has been out of form all year.

I also think Johns is escaping lightly from Saturday night because he is Andrew Johns, he played poorly.

skeepe

Immortal
thommo4pm said:
Buderus is the best hooker in the game and did not do anything on Saturday night to suggest otherwise.

He also did not do anything to suggest that this is so.

drake

First Grade
Azkatro said:
Ryles can't take the team forward.
More go forward than Rauhihi made for NZ. Ryles is a very fashionable forward to bag, possibly because he has a neck.

Who would you have in for Ryles; Tronc? What a useless lump of flesh that pasty drongo is.

Paullyboy

Coach
I hate hearing this crap about how Buderus is the best hooker in the game. Anyone who actually watches every game would realise that Luke Priddis is by far and away the better player both in attack and in defence.

Every year when NSW pick Buderus every single Queenslander breathes a sigh of relief that we dont have to worry about Priddis.

Snoop

Coach
albi said:

Did Buderus ever run from dummy half? Did he even so much as throw a dummy? What's with his silly look-away passes that fool no one?

Fitzgibbon is surviving on his past glories.

Ryan can't be the third best fit secondrower in the country. He proved that on Saturday night.

Mini did nothing wrong but was pretty quiet.

Ryles, for once, was not playing in a skirt.

How can you fault Lockyer's game when his halfback was having trouble with his zimmerframe.

Lungman3

Juniors
Buderus is a class player, but it's certainly time to review whether he is as good as he was. Priddis is right up there, but it's hard to see Farah not being a handful for the Kiwis.

What did i hear about Fitzgibbon "adding a new dimension to his game this year"? That's an insult to his past performances, as he's only a one-dimensional player these days.

Ryan's a bland player in a fading side, and has shown nothing this year to warrant a green and gold jumper.

Minichello is still class, and has to be there somewhere, although i agree that Lockyer should be at fullback where he belongs.

Even Dragons supporters reckon Ryles is overrated. He is living proof that reputation counts more than form for rep selection. Worse is that the selectors loved him so much when they first saw him that they pick him year after year without him actually doing anything.

But what the hell was Waterhouse doing in the backline? It was an invitation to the Kiwis to send the ball wide and wait for Waterhouse to panic and create a gap big enough to drive a Mack truck through!

It was very interesting to see that the only Wests Tiger in the game was playing for the other mob.

Rammo

Juniors
albi said:

Agree with everything except the part about Minichiello.

Rammo

Juniors
Ryles is an automatic rep selection, one would have to wonder why.

Buderus is bloody average.

Ryan had a great year last year but hasn't re-captured that form this year.

All Fitzgibbon can do now is tackle, given that criteria, Grimaldi should be in his place.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Every year when NSW pick Buderus every single Queenslander breathes a sigh of relief that we dont have to worry about Priddis.

Haha, says a lot about Queensland if a 'nobody' like Buderus can win two series in a row as captain against your mob. Priddis has been like Buderus lite this year. Good defensive stats, and that's about it.

thommo4pm said:

missed the tackle on vagana for his try and then nearly straight away missed one on faiumu

Jono078

Referee
Buderus was shocking last night, but he is a solid player otherwise, its almost as if the coach is waiting for his men to reach form... Well its not gonna happen Wayne until you rest them and put form players in!

Buderus did work his but off and hasnt played in awhile, but trust me, he will make up for it on Friday, as will Johns, Johns hates playing a bad game, once he does you wont see another bad peformance for awhile.

Biggest joke selections imo are:

Ryan
Fitzgibbon
We are lacking that smaller nuggety prop like Webke.

I hope Hindmarsh comes back to the team asap.

Misanthrope

Staff member
missed the tackle on vagana for his try and then nearly straight away missed one on faiumu

He also came up with a try-saver when it was 18-0. Another try at that point could have really opened the flood gates

bluesbreaker

Bench
And he was also alone in the defensive line for the first one, as the first man back onside. I don't blame him for missing the tackle, really. Second one wasn't great though.

MrSharky

Juniors
I agree re: buderus.

He is f**ken shyte... very talentless.

Faiumu made him look average...

icon6.gif

Buderus isn't a great hooker, he is solid but isn't anything outstanding. I think the main thing going for him is that he has that connection with Johns and he knows his game well. In theory, that should be of great benefit. I think Priddis is the better hooker of the two, but will never get his chance as long as Johns is there...

Ryan is hopeless, there are tons of better second rowers in the competition.

Fitzgibbon is riding on past performances this season.

Minichiello - well I dunno. Australia has some decent wingers, but I think Hodgson deserves a go at fullback and Minichiello would do as good of a job as any other winger in the competition.

Ryles - well there are lots of props in the competition. Bailey, Webcke and Price are in a league of their own, then from there, there is daylight and quite a few which are pretty much on par with each other, so it doesn't matter who you choose.

I think Gower has gotten off pretty easily. In my opinion, there is no spot for him. If he is playing a hooker role, then Buderus isn't as good as people say he is. A hooker should be able to play the full game, and if they are then there is no need for Gower. Australia needs a utility/impact type player, like Faiumu, he carved the Aussies up. Gower doesn't offer that impact.

Latest posts