What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did we throw Timmy under the bus?

2150_souLJA

Juniors
Another example of bad management coming back to haunt us.

Here was our next Peter Sterling, lead the league in try assists in his rookie year and we show our appreciation by making the guy a scapegoat when we lose a few games and because he likes to have a few beers.

Tim Smith is now back and kicking ass, and he still wont be in his prime for another couple of years.

And where we are in the halves, I dont think I need to say. But how many halves combinations we've tried this year should tell you

Yeah, and we gave $350k to Justin bloody Poore.

eels_fan

First Grade
He was great for one year!

Then inconsistent to average for the remainder of his parra career

he left due to his 'condition' which in my opinion was an excuse to get out of his contract (others are entitled to their own opinion on reasons why)

he is playing decent footy at cronulla, but that is the only team bar maybe the tigers where he would play 1st grade

no loss at all. KK and Morts are getting better each week and will be our long term halves

just remember, it's not hard to look great with a bunch of nuffies around you

caylo

Bench

Here was our next Peter Sterling, lead the league in try assists in his rookie year and we show our appreciation by making the guy a scapegoat when we lose a few games and because he likes to have a few beers.

Tim Smith is now back and kicking ass, and he still wont be in his prime for another couple of years.

And where we are in the halves, I dont think I need to say. But how many halves combinations we've tried this year should tell you

I think the 3 games that KK and Mortz have played together have been very effective in controling the team. Their kicking game in improving both short and long (they are finding the grass more often), and they are starting to put players through holes. They are are also taking alot of pressure off Hayne and allowing him to inject himself as he wishes.

Timmy was our saviour but if he turned out to be a Prince or Thurston we would have to pay massie $$ to keep him. That would mean our team would be our 1, 7 and wenty players. I am happy with our current team and IMO it is probably stronger then the 2007 team (forward pack and backline)

eel4life

Juniors
Morts and Keating are our future of our team and once the whole team lifts the intensity these guys will benefot form it.

As for Timmy, he had his chances at this club did not work out for him, he now has a home in cronulla hope it works out for him.

everyone has moved on from this and everyone seems to be happy about it ...

Gronk

Staff member
Timmy was an out of control drunk FFS. He, for the main part, was responsible for making our club look like a basket case.

It was right to cut him loose as it was right by the Raiders to chop Carney. IF he has got his act together, then I wish him well but he is ancient history IMHO.

eels81236

Bench

You can only tell someone how to cross the road safely x amount of times. If they continually lie flat in the middle of the road eventually you just have to step over them and go on your merry way.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jesus Christ....another one

Look, mate, I was and am a huge Tim Smith fan. But he fell under a bus as Strider said. I wouldn't say he was totally at fault, but he was sure as heck not totally innocent in it all either. He's gone now and we have two pretty decent talents replacing him, so why not just enjoy the fact that the kid was well enough to get back into the game and enjoy watching him for the Sharks? If he's meant to find his way back to Parramatta then he will...

Now can people please stop making new f**king threads about him!

hybrideel

Bench
i would like to hear Pete's opinion on this. :)
Personally i really hope he goes well at the sharks and can realise his potential although with his coach the odds are stacked against him. However it was in everyone's best interests at the time that he move away from the Eels and certain influences within the club. What happens in the future is anyone's guess but sometimes decisions need to be made that benefit the club off the field rather than on it

parra pete

Referee
Why did we throw Timmy under the bus....?

A...Because we had 'our' hands on him, the bus was handy, and we knew he wouldn't run..

84 Baby

Referee
On top of the original post, why did our management ever let Willie Tonga go? Or for that matter Jamie Lyon? Hell what about another 2 test players in Paul Gallen and David Williams? And why didn't they sign Cameron Smith and Jonathon Thurston before they went to their respective clubs? Why didn't they discover Darren Lockyer when he was a teenager? Why didn't they sign Andrew Johns when they had the chance? IMHO our management have a lot of questions to answer.

Forty20

First Grade
On top of the original post, why did our management ever let Willie Tonga go? Or for that matter Jamie Lyon? Hell what about another 2 test players in Paul Gallen and David Williams? And why didn't they sign Cameron Smith and Jonathon Thurston before they went to their respective clubs? Why didn't they discover Darren Lockyer when he was a teenager? Why didn't they sign Andrew Johns when they had the chance? IMHO our management have a lot of questions to answer.

That's it, you've convinced me that our club is run by a pack of nutless monkeys and that we don't have a snowflakes chance in hell to win a premiership.

I'm off this bandwagon to nowhere and jumping on to a proven winners wagon like Melbo-oh sh*t that's right.

The biggest question of all is why they let John Morris go? He could have formed a truly formidable partnership with Tim Smith in the halves, might have even won us a NSW Cup or two.

hindy111

Post Whore
Morts will bring more young women to the games-So as well as a good player he is marketable-Everytime he is on the footy show parra gain a new fan.It drives our name up and sponsors value up. So even if para paid overs for him aslong he is in first grade he will bring the money back to the club ten fold.
Ok we do want to win a title but we also need to make money to be sustainable

Latest posts