What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did we throw Timmy under the bus?

bartman

Immortal
You're kidding me, another "bring back Tim Smith thread"?

Did the original poster see how Tim Smith played in the Sharks v Broncos game last weekend? Obviously not, and end of story.

KK, Morts and Robson are all miles better for our club this season.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
could i propose that we sticky a tim smith thread so that the broken record can stay in one place without repeatedly littering this forum?

offside ref

Juniors
How did we throw him under a bus we gave him more chances then he deserved its old news get over him for christ sake.

Gronk

Staff member
Does the OP understand that to News Ltd he's just a player at the Sharks but at the Eels they'd stalk him more than Princess Di ?

belmoreeel

Juniors
well hodkinson scored the first try for manly tonight off his own kick i think we might be regretting the loss of that number 7 more than timmeh

Bazal

Post Whore
I sure am...Hokko will be a star, Timmy has the talent to be a star but too many issues to bet on at the moment

hasman

Juniors
Another example of bad management coming back to haunt us.

Here was our next Peter Sterling, lead the league in try assists in his rookie year and we show our appreciation by making the guy a scapegoat when we lose a few games and because he likes to have a few beers.

Tim Smith is now back and kicking ass, and he still wont be in his prime for another couple of years.

And where we are in the halves, I dont think I need to say. But how many halves combinations we've tried this year should tell you

Yeah, and we gave $350k to Justin bloody Poore.

Sorry Mate - Think you better go back to 2008 and Speak with Andrew Hill and Micheal Hagan. Because they Got Rid of Timmy To Sign Finch To be the Main Half Back. As I recall in Nov 2009 MR Hill said as Long His Here Timmy Smith will Not Be welcomed Back.

Last edited:

cirque

Juniors
Jesus Christ....another one

Look, mate, I was and am a huge Tim Smith fan. But he fell under a bus as Strider said. I wouldn't say he was totally at fault, but he was sure as heck not totally innocent in it all either. He's gone now and we have two pretty decent talents replacing him, so why not just enjoy the fact that the kid was well enough to get back into the game and enjoy watching him for the Sharks? If he's meant to find his way back to Parramatta then he will...

Now can people please stop making new f**king threads about him!

I agree with bazal. I guess media are to be blamed.

Runaround Man

Juniors
Tim Smith did not fit the culture of Parra. He is not for us.

Our current crop seem pretty good. Players like Fui, Inu, Mannah, Tahu, Hiny, Cayless, Luke.......they seem stable, well balanced, solid citizens.
Master coach Gibson, as does Bennett, put the man before the player, and I think that is a very good idea.

Tim Smith is a magic player but he doesn't fit into the healthy culture of Parra. IMO.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Tim Smith did not fit the culture of Parra. He is not for us.

Our current crop seem pretty good. Players like Fui, Inu, Mannah, Tahu, Hiny, Cayless, Luke.......they seem stable, well balanced, solid citizens.
Master coach Gibson, as does Bennett, put the man before the player, and I think that is a very good idea.

Tim Smith is a magic player but he doesn't fit into the healthy culture of Parra. IMO.

Most human beings don't fit into the healthy culture of Earth.
Look what we are doing to it??????

Joely01

Bench
Can we throw this poster under a bus??? or place him nicely on a bus to cronulla so he can be with his childhood sweet heart aka T. Smith.
We have a good young halves pairing we can build a club around.

lingard

Coach
This is a riddle, right? Why did we throw Timmy under the bus?
Umm, `cause he didn`t have a ticket? No.
Hang on. Hang on. Because we wanted to make a Tim Tam? No.
Umm. No. Wait. Don`t tell me. Because he was pissed?
No. Sorry, I don`t get it.
Is it a trick question? Did he throw himself under the bus? Oh yeah.

lingard

Coach
Actually, in all honesty, I`ve seen Tim Smith play two games this year and I`ve been mightily impressed both times. I`ll take my hat off to him. It must have been hard to come back to the NRL. And so far he`s answering his critics (I`ve been one of his biggest) in the best possible way. I take my hat off to him. He`s playing in a different class to our halves at the moment, that`s for sure.

bartman

Immortal
0-38.

Not consistent enough to be a NRL starter imo. Nothing has changed since his second season with us.

I'd have our halves over him every time. I'm glad our club chose to as well.

0-38.

Not consistent enough to be a NRL starter imo. Nothing has changed since his second season with us.

I'd have our halves over him every time. I'm glad our club chose to as well.

I disagree entirely

Timmy has been extremely consistent, His kicks are finding grass and although tonight's scoreboard doesn't reflect it he gives the Sharks alot of direction they didn't have before-hand, I'm sorry but I fail to see that even Thurston's impact would save the Sharks atm.

Latest posts