What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why did we throw Timmy under the bus?

Bazal

Post Whore
0-38.

Not consistent enough to be a NRL starter imo. Nothing has changed since his second season with us.

I'd have our halves over him every time. I'm glad our club chose to as well.

Dude...why bring it back up? Firstly, he's playing in the worst team in the world....secondly, don't we all want these threads to die?

bartman

Immortal
Why? To remind the people that seem to think he's good, remember him with rose coloured glasses, or start threads about him that he's not that hot.

Keeping it in this one thread, and recording his failings in this existing thread whenever they happen or come to mind might help prevent Bring back Timmy threads in the future.

It's an internet forum... "we all" doesn't exist. If you don't like a thread, you don't have to click in it again.

bartman

Immortal
I disagree entirely

Timmy has been extremely consistent, His kicks are finding grass and although tonight's scoreboard doesn't reflect it he gives the Sharks alot of direction they didn't have before-hand, I'm sorry but I fail to see that even Thurston's impact would save the Sharks atm.
True, Sharks are sh*t.

But in here Timmy has so often been put forward as a saviour... imo it's worth noting that he can't save sh*t. Except for the first year with us, he didn't play to his potential at Wigan, and now isn't at the Sharks.

2150_souLJA

Juniors
Hey, at least Timmy wont kick the ball straight down the fullbacks throat 9 times out of 10.

Morts and KK are the same player, we need to do a trade with the Sharks for Timmy.

bartman

Immortal
Hey, at least Timmy wont kick the ball straight down the fullbacks throat 9 times out of 10.

Morts and KK are the same player, we need to do a trade with the Sharks for Timmy.
:lol: Sure... you obviously didn't see Timmy's games in 2008 (for us or Wigan).

bartman

Immortal
why did tim smith get dropped to reserve grade for wigan again?
This guy... Sam Tonkins, now 21yo. http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WPlayerP.aspx?id=6
Wigan 2009 player of the year and the club's 3rd top tryscorer, 2009 Man of Steel young player of the year, and now an England rep.

Image.aspx

Not only did Tim get dropped to reserve grade in the wake of Sam's performances, but Wigan were more than happy for Tim to end his contract early rather than stay the course.

If there's anyone we should be organising a swap for, it's this guy not Tim lol Smith.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
This guy... Sam Tonkins, now 21yo. http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WPlayerP.aspx?id=6
Wigan 2009 player of the year and the club's 3rd top tryscorer, 2009 Man of Steel young player of the year, and now an England rep.

Image.aspx

Not only did Tim get dropped to reserve grade in the wake of Sam's performances, but Wigan were more than happy for Tim to end his contract early rather than stay the course.

If there's anyone we should be organising a swap for, it's this guy not Tim lol Smith.

Timmy spent a lot of time helping Sam (as did Trent Barrett) to be the player he is today and he would be a great acquisition for the Eels particularly if our half back stocks dwindle even further. Is Sam signed up for life at Wigan????

Bazal

Post Whore

Image.aspx

Honestly, you an pete are as bad as the ones who start these threads...none of you can move on.

fish eel

Immortal
TBH, I'm not a Tim Smith fan but dont even see the point of bringing this up anymore.

When a side is going as badly as Cronulla are, I think even an established halfback would struggle, let alone someone who has had some problems and time out of the game.

Tim probably should have stayed at Brisbane....

parra pete

Referee
Did ya see him last night? If you did you were lucky, MIA, as per usual.

Poor old Sharks. Take Paul Gallen out and they would be lucky to beat a NSW Cup team.
BUT I agree with Bazal, he'll NEVER be back at the Eels, so why worry about him....he's Sharks fans problems now.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Imagin what Thurston,Cronk or Prince would have done with all that ball at a retreating defence?? :crazy: But he was better than Barrett :lol:

Latest posts