What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do NRL players say me?

It really annoys me that they can't speak English.

Instead of saying "I'm happy with the team and myself", they say "I'm happy with the game and meself".

So why can't they say "my"?

I know what you mean Ladmate, I think you're taking a small sample from an overall embarrassing problem. I'm sick of hearing constant bogan drawl like "awwww yeahh nahh she'll be right".

I wouldn't expect the players to talk like British Royalty, but fmd they need some serious education in media skills and language

Last edited:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Brandy Alexander and every player interviewed from Penrith:

'They played really well, but.'
'There is no chance they would win, but.'
'He is a great player, but.'

oval

Juniors
What I wanna know is - how come League Unlimited forum posters keep calling each other "Merkins"? Merkin this and merkin that. I never come accross this insult anywhere but these forums...

Anyway, better go chuck on me merkin so I can get meself a root tonight. Chicks love hairy tits.

stormbati

Bench
What I wanna know is - how come League Unlimited forum posters keep calling each other "Merkins"? Merkin this and merkin that. I never come accross this insult anywhere but these forums...

Anyway, better go chuck on me merkin so I can get meself a root tonight. Chicks love hairy tits.

Lol I thought the same for a long time until one post I typed the word c.**t and merkin replaced it!

Good luck.....merkin.

Chook Norris

First Grade

quite ya merkin

Danish

Referee
Nevermind the meself stuff up.

By far the most abused league phrase is "for mine". Seriously every merkin in league uses this, from players to coaches to commentators. I never hear it anywhere else.

It's like they all had a big meeting to try and decide on a smart sounding way to say "in my opinion", decided on "for mine" and then started inserting it carte Blanche at the end if every sentence uttered.

oval

Juniors
Lol I thought the same for a long time until one post I typed the word c.**t and merkin replaced it!

Ah, now it makes sense!

Lets see what happens when I type in:

F**K SH*T merkin PUS*Y AR*E

f**k sh*t merkin PUSSY ARSE

broncos2011

It really annoys me that they can't speak English.

Instead of saying "I'm happy with the team and myself", they say "I'm happy with the game and meself".

So why can't they say "my"?
It's called slang. RELAX.

Nevermind the meself stuff up.

By far the most abused league phrase is "for mine". Seriously every merkin in league uses this, from players to coaches to commentators. I never hear it anywhere else.

It's like they all had a big meeting to try and decide on a smart sounding way to say "in my opinion", decided on "for mine" and then started inserting it carte Blanche at the end if every sentence uttered.
It is "from mine". As in "from my perspective".

Scorpio30

Bench
I think its one of those North of England things. I had a mate who went over to play footy for a couple of years and came back saying "me dad" instead of "my dad".

Moffo

Referee
Yeh na boys turned up today, gave 110%, couldn't be happier, great team effort but it was a game of two halves