What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do NRL players say me?

philgood

Juniors
"nah yeah we trained hard all week and full credit to the boys we hung in there and come away with the win"

Last edited:

shinobi

Juniors
Gotta say it annoys me too especially with the poly players when they say bloke this mate that then away from the camera its bro/cuz/sole/bay/fulla etc etc its like theyre trained to speak a certain way for the cameras.

rugbynotsoccer

Juniors
It's because they don't have the intelligence. I have yet to see a islander doctor, accountant or someone in a successful position besides labor work. They must be a rare breed.

Danish

Referee
It is "from mine". As in "from my perspective".

Which is the exactly the same as "in my opinion".

Its completely superfluous. Of course its from their perpective. Of coure its in their opinon. They are f**king saying it!!

Its stupid made up filler

shinobi

Juniors
It's because they don't have the intelligence. I have yet to see a islander doctor, accountant or someone in a successful position besides labor work. They must be a rare breed.

My doctor at the local medical centre is Tongan, One of my best mates is an accountant shes Maori, so is another good mate of mine who is Tongan. There are plenty of examples around you racist f**k.

rugbynotsoccer

Juniors
Just because you know a few doesn't equate to plenty. It's like saying Africans would be on the best in the NRL because they know one black guy called Jamal Idris.

But the fact is not many Africans in the NRL so you can't say that based on 1 person.

Your tongan doctor, maori accountant i give credit where due they are SMART and i wish them all the best!
But you are comparing your poly NRL player with the brains of your LOCAL PUB BOUNCER to the tongan doctor and maori accountant you know is a far stretch even you know that.

seaeagle sam

I love a quality merkin but they're very rare these days.

In fact I blame every single person in Brazil for wiping out the merkin industry.

shinobi

Juniors
Just because you know a few doesn't equate to plenty. It's like saying Africans would be on the best in the NRL because they know one black guy called Jamal Idris.

But the fact is not many Africans in the NRL so you can't say that based on 1 person.

Your tongan doctor, maori accountant i give credit where due they are SMART and i wish them all the best!
But you are comparing your poly NRL player with the brains of your LOCAL PUB BOUNCER to the tongan doctor and maori accountant you know is a far stretch even you know that.

Yeah and just because you dont know of any doesnt mean there arent any out there idiot. You analogy on African players makes no sense at all i never claimed the best or anything you said polynesians have no intelligence which is utterly ridiculous. Comparing the intelligence of a doctor and any footy player poly or not is a stupid comparison but then again the numbner of ex rugby union players who have gone onto succesful careers in law and commerce prove you wrong yet again.

_Johnsy

Referee
It really annoys me that they can't speak English.

Instead of saying "I'm happy with the team and myself", they say "I'm happy with the game and meself".

So why can't they say "my"?

Meh, they are footballers paid to play football. What does annoy me is tv news presenters & radio presenters (mainly popular stations on etc) try to make new ways to pronounce words or just mispronounce them. Some of them have no idea how to enunciate at all and they are paid to read for farks sake.

Talanexor

Juniors
Watch Chris Sandow interviewed. Just watch.

"Yeah mate ah...(incomprehensible drivel for 5 mins)...boys played good an come away with the win"

I know they're not braniacs, but how hard is it to something even remotely insightful? Doesn't have to be poetry, just something other than Generic Footballer Comment 101.

"They put a lot of pressure on our kickers, but we managed to adjust and give our kickers more space."

"I thought our defence tonight was really good. A couple of times they tried a second man play and we read it perfectly"

"They put a couple of quick tries on us in the first half and in the end we just couldn't reel them in"

Is it that hard?

tezzah

Juniors
Should train yourself up to be the next NRL Superstar Talanexor and quote yourself... bet its an easy job waking up to yourself each morning. On ya Superstar!