What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people hate Michael Ennis

Lambretta

First Grade
Finch asked Freddy and Joey if they ever copped that kind of disrespect. I'm sure they copped their fair of sledging, but never the sheer hatred and disdain Smith is copping. A mans actions command respect, not his title. Smith's getting all the respect he deserves.

Yep - Joey got everyone pingers back in the day

RESPECT TO DA MAN

Lambretta

First Grade
James Graham captained England and Burgess doesn't think twice about going after him. Every player in the comp has patted an opponent on the head after an error. Big storm in a teacup.

I'm surprised these two don't try and knock each other out when they're playing together for England.

They don't seem to be the bestest of bosom buddies

thorson1987

Coach
I'm surprised these two don't try and knock each other out when they're playing together for England.

They don't seem to be the bestest of bosom buddies

Apparently they are pretty good mates.

Both just really competitive, especially when playing against each other.

Perth Red

Post Whore
:lol::lol::lol: Have you been following RL for the last 4 weeks????

Your team is that hated you make Parra fans cheer for the dogs over you mob.

Says it all.

Everyone hates succesful clubs, its an inferiority complex on the most part. Can you name me one premiership winning/succesful club in last 6 years not hated by other clubs fans?

Frankus

Juniors
From what I've seen of Ennis, he is a pest on the field and not a grub like other current players Reynolds, Bird, Gallen, etc.

If it puts other players off their game and possibly earns your penalties in the process through reactions so be it.

Terry Hill to everyone, Wally Lewis and Mark Geyer in origin springs to mind. Also I bet Wendell Sailor is still looking to land one on Steve Carter.

Sledging and niggling is part of the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Plus I live in Melbourne, and their fans are the pits. Other fans might stay at home when their side sucks, Storm fans would find a new bandwagon

I'd have to say of all the grounds Ive been to the Storm crowd are by far the most decked out in merchandise of any crowd I have seen in the NRL. Virtually everyone wears something purple. I think they also have a bit of a circling of the wagons given its afl country. One of the best atmospheres at a game I've been to here when I was at aami this year for the panthers game. They've grown their crowds from 9k to 16k in very hostile territory, shame the typical bogun RL attitude to anything new stops people seeing how important they are for the NRLs future.

Perth Red

Post Whore
From what I've seen of Ennis, he is a pest on the field and not a grub like other current players Reynolds, Bird, Gallen, etc.

If it puts other players off their game and possibly earns your penalties in the process through reactions so be it.

Terry Hill to everyone, Wally Lewis and Mark Geyer in origin springs to mind. Also I bet Wendell Sailor is still looking to land one on Steve Carter.

Sledging and niggling is part of the game.

In the same way I admire a great white shark for its intimadation ability Ennis is more akin to a blow fly, annoying irratating and pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. The fact that people celebrate his tactics is a shame and I hope not an indication of what we will consider great in a RL player in the future

Perth Red

Post Whore
lol like majority of clubs arent "massaging" the salary cap, Storm got whistle blown, other have done a good job burying the evidence, when you look at some other clubs rosters it is highly questionable how they are fitting everyone under the cap. No excuses, Storm cheated the cap, got caught, confessed and got punished. They werent the first and they wont be the last.

Frankus

Juniors
^^^
As does Cam Smith telling his players to stay down after tackles, etc.

Sportsmanship, just in a different way.

betcats

Referee
lol like majority of clubs arent "massaging" the salary cap, Storm got whistle blown, other have done a good job burying the evidence.

Prove it.

I hate manly for no good reason at all, hating the cheating scum wrestling innovators comes easy.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
lol like majority of clubs arent "massaging" the salary cap, Storm got whistle blown, other have done a good job burying the evidence, when you look at some other clubs rosters it is highly questionable how they are fitting everyone under the cap. No excuses, Storm cheated the cap, got caught, confessed and got punished. They werent the first and they wont be the last.

Confessed? Like f**k they did. Show me one quote that lends itself to that, that didn't come out of Wally Waldroms mouth. They were caught, punished, and then played the victim card.

Don't waste your time saying other clubs do it, like you have any idea.

The Storm have been cheats since day dot when Howe decided juicing up was a quicker process than working hard - the same mantra in the speedboat era.

The Storm might grown their crowds but as I said, just like in 2001-02, they'll drop away again real quick. And all these fairweather fans in purple will find a new merchandise tent to raid.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Frailty and his Sharks mates are having a sooky la la convinced that their club's multitude of unfathomable f**kups is somehow an NRL/Roosters conspiracy.

As for the Australian Captain.

Finch asked Freddy and Joey if they ever copped that kind of disrespect. I'm sure they copped their fair of sledging, but never the sheer hatred and disdain Smith is copping. A mans actions command respect, not his title. Smith's getting all the respect he deserves.

That piece of shit Smith wouldn't have a quarter of the respect blokes like Freddy, Joey, etc would get. Everyone knows he's a grub & a cheat, and his only fans are qlderp dribblers and Storm supporters

Diesel

Referee
Can't see Ennis getting away with his antics as much at Cronulla, he won't get the leeway he has at the Dogs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol moment of the game and well worth a sin bin, though not sure what the bin was for?

Anyone hear joey johns pre match bagging him off? Something about a parent not being very proud of his behaviour!

Harrigan

Juniors
Did Finch say anything when Ennis was "disrespectfully" patted on the head?

Ennis took it too. He's well aware his opens himself up to that kind of sh*t. I personally have no problem with it all. It's your job to get the better of your opponent.