What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people hate Michael Ennis

Game_Breaker

Coach
Ennis took it too. He's well aware his opens himself up to that kind of sh*t. I personally have no problem with it all. It's your job to get the better of your opponent.

He just copped it on the chin and moved on

The Australian captain might learn a thing or two off him ;-)

Surrogate

Juniors
He just copped it on the chin and moved on

The Australian captain might learn a thing or two off him ;-)

Ennis got a taste of his own medicine and he didn't like it.
He also stood around whilst everyone was running in to stop the biff between Matua and the other Manl

When Fittler interviewed him, he almost cried and blamed himself for almost losing the game.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
He also stood around whilst everyone was running in to stop the biff between Matua and the other Manl

When Fittler interviewed him, he almost cried and blamed himself for almost losing the game.

:lol:

You have no clue.

Ennis is a grub but lives by the sword and dies by it.

Smith is a holier than thou f*ck who deserves no respect and has none. Ennis has none either, but doesn't kid himself that he has it either.

Game_Breaker

Coach

Ofcourse he didn't like it, but he didn't throw a tantrum like Smith and get his coach to whinge to the media :lol:

Billythekid

First Grade
Grub is almost a term of endearment, i don't see it as a negative. To clarify i think there is a difference between a grub and just a total douchebag. Ennis is a grub, he is skilled at riling people up and putting them off their game. I actually respect the skill this takes.

I like that tonight when the situation reversed he just took it. He knows he's not the best player in the comp and the he knows he's not going to win every game so it's going to come back to bite him. He just keeps at it anyhow to give his team the best chance to win. He puts himself in the firing line and he owns.

On the flip side you just have straight up douchebags. People like Reynolds who really are just assholes and aren't just putting on a show to help the team. Often times they end up hurting the team because they tend to get riled up as much if not more than the opposition. These guys i don't like, grubs i do.

Honestly Smith is captain of the storm, QLD and Australia. He has been around and seen and done everything. He should be able to cop something like that on the chin. Frankly Ennis showed him up big time and it was a big part of why we struggled against them.

Honestly Ennis is one of my favorite players (though the diving shits me) and i think it's a shame that he's a part of a dying breed. Genuinely skilled grubs are basically non existent nowadays and whilst most people hate it i love it.

Surrogate

Juniors
Grub is almost a term of endearment, i don't see it as a negative. To clarify i think there is a difference between a grub and just a total douchebag. Ennis is a grub, he is skilled at riling people up and putting them off their game. I actually respect the skill this takes.

I like that tonight when the situation reversed he just took it. He knows he's not the best player in the comp and the he knows he's not going to win every game so it's going to come back to bite him. He just keeps at it anyhow to give his team the best chance to win. He puts himself in the firing line and he owns.

On the flip side you just have straight up douchebags. People like Reynolds who really are just assholes and aren't just putting on a show to help the team. Often times they end up hurting the team because they tend to get riled up as much if not more than the opposition. These guys i don't like, grubs i do.

Honestly Smith is captain of the storm, QLD and Australia. He has been around and seen and done everything. He should be able to cop something like that on the chin. Frankly Ennis showed him up big time and it was a big part of why we struggled against them.

Honestly Ennis is one of my favorite players (though the diving shits me) and i think it's a shame that he's a part of a dying breed. Genuinely skilled grubs are basically non existent nowadays and whilst most people hate it i love it.

Why don't you go support the dogs, if you're already not one.

Jaegerex

Juniors
Lol moment of the game and well worth a sin bin, though not sure what the bin was for?

Anyone hear joey johns pre match bagging him off? Something about a parent not being very proud of his behaviour!

Don't forget Fittler saying that patting on the head should be a penalty as well, no right to touch the head or something along those lines. The bin around that incident was for a Reni throwing a punch after taking exception to either the head pat or the guy that came in after and gave Ennis another shove, not sure whom he actually punched.
To his credit he took it in his stride, the fact he stuffed up and may have just lost his team the game hurt more than the head pat for doing so.

WireMan

Bench

You have to agree with this.

Its like arguing with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!

If he puts you off your game, he wins.

Plus he does take it. So I don't mind it.

ek999

First Grade
Don't forget Fittler saying that patting on the head should be a penalty as well, no right to touch the head or something along those lines. The bin around that incident was for a Reni throwing a punch after taking exception to either the head pat or the guy that came in after and gave Ennis another shove, not sure whom he actually punched.
To his credit he took it in his stride, the fact he stuffed up and may have just lost his team the game hurt more than the head pat for doing so.

Maitua punched Hassan who shoved Ennis

Bulldog Force

Referee
Amen, after that spiteful Origin dead rubber where Poore picked up an unconscious Price and the Maroons put the bomb up to smash Gidley, Ennis was the only blues player clapping Lockyer's acceptance of the shield.

He stirs players up as a tactic (which seems to work a lot) and it doesn't mean he's not a good bloke.
Blues supporter here, but I f**king wanted Justin Poore's head on a platter after that incident. It's not just because of how much I respect and admire Pricey, but you simply don't do that shit to anyone. The NRL is all the more richer for having lost Poore (excuse the pun).

Latest posts