What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you hate the team you hate?

Clevo

Juniors
Simple question...tricky answer.

"because xxxx are scumbags" will not do.

There's a reason why you hate the team. Maybe it's because of a certain event in the clubs history or perhaps jealousy of success. Maybe it's simply peer group pressure or the reasons why you hat the team so much is rooted in tradition and history.

Maybe it because of the way a club acted during the SL war.

Either way...footy fans love to hate a/some teams. Is hating all a part of footy? Is it something that's promoted to get more bums on seats?

Would the hatred ever get to the extremes we see amongst Soccer fans overseas?

Is hating a team good or bad for the NRL competition?

SaintTPP

First Grade
Roosters, and please do I really need an explanation, it would take up too much space anyways. But in short form, they steal 14 other clubs players, Gould is a wank, Harrigan is a bitch, Morley is a thug, Walker is a cat, Ian Scherbat (spelling?) an ex-roosters player is not doing his job, the salary cap and brown paper bags, they change the rules without informing other teams, the referees boss is the father of a player who plays in the roosters who then is allowed to score tries when the ball clearly touches the white line (dead ball line), etc etc.

Clevo

Juniors
Chcicken...it's not for Rooster fans so lets hear it!

Red V but aren;t Manly and Saints the most hateable team? :) ....if your a Souths supporter?

St GEorge... merged scum, traitors, legends turned in their graves....etc

Manly... SIlver tails, player stealers, snobs etc etc

Red Bear

Referee
Manly - Apart from the Silvertails I'm a Norths Supporter so its just natural :)

Canterbury - All the shit they have done over the last ten years(super league, salery cap etc) just makes me hate that team.

Super League clubs - Selfish barsteds who wrecked the game, cost fans their sides, lost fans and the game hasnt recovered from the SL war since.

St George Illawarra Dragons - I was a Steelers fan and alway identified to them as the local side, and The players like Wishart, Mcgregor, Timmins, Barrett, Rodwell and more playing in the Steelers jersy is what helped to get me into Rugby league. To all of a sudden have some red v put in front of me, a jersy and logo i dont identify with and seeing above players(bar Rodwell) playing in this jersy and being told this was my local team seemed like pure bullshit to me. So i dont support them and i hate them for taking over the local team and area yet giving little recognition to the area(although the Steelers jersy day was excellent, and should keep happening). Plus ther fans never cop a win on the chin, they whinge about bloody everything and alot of the StGeorge fans seem to hate the Steelers and get pissed off about 1 game in 6 seasons having Steelers jersy involved. Alot of them seem to be orright away from Dragons but not when they are talking Drgons issues.

All other teams i have nothing against.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Clevo said:
Chcicken...it's not for Rooster fans so lets hear it!

Red V but aren;t Manly and Saints the most hateable team? :) ....if your a Souths supporter?

St GEorge... merged scum, traitors, legends turned in their graves....etc

Manly... SIlver tails, player stealers, snobs etc etc
I would have said Souths, but really whats there to hate?? You gave us +40 on our for/against a couple of weeks ago...

Eddie.

Bench
Sharks, Storm, Raiders, Bulldogs are the teams i cant really stand in that order.

At least Easts are an ARL club

melon....

Coach
The Dragons for screwing Illawarra, and using their players to prop them up, effectively ensuring their temporary existance until natural selection continues and they eventually die.
Oh and their fans are the biggest excuse riddled whingers this side of London.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Roosters and parramatta.
Roosters because they buy everyones players, and think the NRL revolves around them. NRL heircahy dominated buy rooters people. like the man utd of NRL
paerramatta, because of dennis fitzgerald.
Both of these clubs represent everything i hate about sydney clubs. shortsightedness and the inability to see the game for what it is. they do not want the game to grow outside sydney, which it must if it is the NATIONAL rugby league.

taxidriver

Coach
"The Dragons for screwing Illawarra, and using their players to prop them up, effectively ensuring their temporary existance until natural selection continues and they eventually die.
Oh and their fans are the biggest excuse riddled whingers this side of London."

so much bitterness in one so young.

let it go lemon, you'll make yourself sick :lol:

Phillips

Referee
Broncos = because of Mick Hancock, Allan Langer, Gorden Tallis and super league

Bulldogs = because they are a disgrace to the game

Newcastle = because of 2001 :lol: ....although i dont really hate them as mutch now...

CC_Eagle

First Grade
#1 Newcastle - Cheating their way into winning a premiership...and screwing us along the way.
#2 Norths - I'm a Manly supporter? If I ever find a Manly supporter who doesn't hate Norths ill strip them of their jersey :D
#3 Sharks - The arrogance of their supporters despite the fact their club is premiership'less. The way they still whinge about 73. SL
#4 Bulldogs - Cap rorting, Willie Mason, Coffs Harbour...Their players and admin bringing the game into the gutter...Most of their fans shit me to tears. SL
#5 Roosters - Do I even need to explain?

Thats in order, but as a whole I hate every SL club for the reasons that GoTheBears has stated.

btw I dont want nagging posts from supporters from the clubs mentioned above correcting or having a go at me. If you dont like it then go f**k yourself
:lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
1-Roosters-No explanation needed.
2-Manly-For screwing Norths.
3-St.George-For screwing Illawarra and claiming a 'fair and equitable' merger.

Red Bear

Referee
Contrary to popular belief Manly didnt really screw Norths. Norths Management, the ARL/NRL and Super League screwed Norths. The merger was something neither party wanted to be involved in and cos Norths didnt have the money they were gone basically. Manly may've had a small part but it was alot more the other 3 wich screwed Norths.
I still hate Manly tho. They'ra Barsteds :twisted:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
GoTheBears said:
Contrary to popular belief Manly didnt really screw Norths. Norths Management, the ARL/NRL and Super League screwed Norths. The merger was something neither party wanted to be involved in and cos Norths didnt have the money they were gone basically. Manly may've had a small part but it was alot more the other 3 wich screwed Norths.
I still hate Manly tho. They'ra Barsteds :twisted:

A BEARS FAN WITH A BRAIN!!! wooooooooaah....

apart from the last comment :D :D

1. North Sydney. Well that where danny willams come from?
2. Central Coast. Well singo is a co#khead to ever think that CC will get a Team.
3. Wellington. A NZ team just to make numbers

Latest posts