What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you support the eels

fish eel

Immortal
fish eel said:
This Sunday my mother is taking her along for her first eels match this year. Its shame she wont see Hindy, but hopefully a great eels win.

It turned out a pretty disappointing day for my Nan.

My mum wheeled her out with about 15 to go to beat the rush.

When I got back to the car, it was all pretty quiet.

We hit Silverwater Road and the first words she says are:

"Well Smith should be worried about his job"

I told her he'd still be there next year and she says:

"Well he SHOULD be worried. That was pathetic"

Hearing your nan go off sorta makes you feel better!!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
my nana couldn't have watched the game!! she wouldve turned it off before half time, too much for her these days

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
It turned out a pretty disappointing day for my Nan.

My mum wheeled her out with about 15 to go to beat the rush.

When I got back to the car, it was all pretty quiet.

We hit Silverwater Road and the first words she says are:

"Well Smith should be worried about his job"

I told her he'd still be there next year and she says:

"Well he SHOULD be worried. That was pathetic"

Hearing your nan go off sorta makes you feel better!!

Well, they say Nannas know best...................

Suity

number8

Juniors
My nan can't even get our names right. She's like oh hello shane....anthony...er Dylon I mean errr Geoffery.

walker smith

Juniors
I was born into a family of absolute diehard lunatic eels fans in 75....our family has lived in the area since the club started so there is really no other choice in our house....you either go for parra or move out.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Some people are born supporters, I am one of those. My grandfather played 3rd grade for them and his brother also played for Parramatta.

number8

Juniors
I wasn't born into a situation that made me an Eels man. I chose to be an Eels man at 5 or so & haven't looked back. I'm tied to the club in my support not through decendancy or geography but an adopted love of the Eels that has never since wained.

Born in country NSW I could have chosen anyone having no geographic connection. Other family members were Dragons, Roosters & Bulldogs supporters & brushed the lot to go my own way. I also wouldn't change a thing.

walker smith

Juniors
number8 said:
I wasn't born into a situation that made me an Eels man. I chose to be an Eels man at 5 or so & haven't looked back. I'm tied to the club in my support not through decendancy or geography but an adopted love of the Eels that has never since wained.

Born in country NSW I could have chosen anyone having no geographic connection. Other family members were Dragons, Roosters & Bulldogs supporters & brushed the lot to go my own way. I also wouldn't change a thing.

nature, nurture, heredity...doesnt matter, if you go for them then thats good enough....doesnt change your passion either way!