What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Does our club ALWAYS miss out?

I know was Knights fan it is very frustrating 2 see players of high quality leave the club yet we never seem 2 attract ne big name players. It mad me soooo angry to hear that Carl Webb signed with the Cowgirls 2nite i was furious!!! What could the Cowgirls offer him that we couldnt? Its a bloody Joke and for one i am sooo sick and tired of hearing about rumoured signings then hearing that they are not coming to the club. I should have known better every single time we have been competiting with another club 2 secure the services of another player we ALWAYS lose!!! Not once have we managed 2 secure a player that has been wanted by another, its a joke!
Who is left now?

Reynoldson: Chasing him but along will come Parramatta or Cowboys
Feeney: Tigers and Storm want him 2

We are jinxed simple as that we cant make a decent bloody signing and if we dont well i will be very disappointed.

Johns Magic

Referee
Webb used the excuse that North Queenland had tropical weather.

He also said that in a team full of representative players(the Knights) he wouldn't be able to stand out.

Neither are very good reasons in my opinion.

No i agree, but hey if he wants his career 2 dissolve by joining a side who has not made the 8 in its history and imo will NEVER make the 8, he just made a career suicide!!!

Johns Magic

Referee
Jaime_Koeppe_Is_Hot said:
No i agree, but hey if he wants his career 2 dissolve by joining a side who has not made the 8 in its history and imo will NEVER make the 8, he just made a career suicide!!!

Cowboys will make the 8 in the next couple of years, you can count on it. the Cowboys don't get much exposure, so that certainly won't help his representative chances.

Nuffy

Bench
Its simple really.

As is always the case we are never professional enough to anticipate problems and make secondary arrangements.

Classic example, we knew that BK was leaving nearly 5 weeks ago and because we weren't going to offer Parsons a contract, where has been the planning to replace a prop and a backrower?

Why weren't we talking to players weeks ago, answer, because we are completely inept.

As of today, we are losing a fullback, a Aust winger, a Aust backrower, a prop and a utility player....................5 players and we are yet to secure one replacement.

Next year we will have a worse team than we have today, it hardly seems possible that it could happen but we will be worse of next year than we are at the moment.

Its become completely laughable, it amazes me that in such a short space of time we can't even attract other teams cast offs.

Nuffy

Bench
Remember when Freddy was at easts and surrounded by a rabble, they never looked like winning the comp.

Joey will be the same, if hes got a rabble around him, it won't matter how well he plays, it won't make a difference.

Terminator

First Grade
Its not all bad yet, as long as touch wood we dont have major injuries in 05, have the exact opposite to this year we will go pretty good

Nuffy

Bench
I don't agree, most of the teams in the top tier are maintaining or improving their teams for next year.

We have lost 5 FG's, two of which were SOO and Aust reps. We have zero depth in any positions which means ANy injury or loss of form is catastrophic.

Look at the props, we have only 2 props of FG standard in the club, one of which should be dropped to PL for poor form.

Mate, we don't stand a chance, every year since 97 we could rightly claim a strong chance of winning the comp, in 05, if we make the eight, it will be a successful year.

But this problem has been festering for 3-4 years and NOTHING has been done.

Terminator

First Grade
Loosing 6 to 9 players for most of the games this year has had a big impact, and now they are nearly all back and were just outside the eight, so dont write us off yet this year.
We do have some good juniors coming up as Roopy has shown on here, but after that is anyones guess, I think we keep players too long in the Premier grade, that should be shown the door

Nuffy

Bench
Yes but 5 of the players this year won't be there next year and we haven't bought a player, so many of the players who have played FG this through necessity, will be playing FG next year through choice,

And that my friend is a scary thought.

Terminator

First Grade
Yes letting Parsons go is just complete idiocy, theres no excuse for the lack of grey matter involved in this pearler from Knights Admin, the guy wants to stay, is in good enough form, will take a pay cut, and is big as a mountain
ODavis has to go, sadly, to make way for Seage or we could loose him as well, BK is a week to week prospect alot of the time, so great player that he is we are better off without him, Tahu should have been kept, they should have given him centre for a year to see what he could do

Alex28

Coach
Kennedy was a good lose - and so was Tahu. He is good but he is not $350K a year good in a position he has not proven himself in. In that case we are better off working with what we have for 2005 and go after quality for 2006 - enter the player market early and get the cream. Dont blow all the money now on nothing players for the sake of spending the money. Take the hit for the year and go all out for a great 2006.

NightofKnights

Juniors
I wouldn't go all out with the victim mentality just yet, we don't always miss out. Look at those teams who have gone nowhere over the years, Tigers, Rabbitohs, etc. I mean look at those we still have who have played at some level of rep footy, Johns, The Gidleys, Buderus, Hughes, Abraham, Perry, and Simpson. There are several teams running around at the moment who barely have a rep player in their side. It's not all doom and gloom. We don't have depth but our starting side is great. I feel pretty fortunate/greatful having guys like those I listed in our team.

Johns Magic said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
Nuffy said:
We have lost 5 FG's, two of which were SOO and Aust reps.

3 were S.O.O and Aust reps. :D

Robbio'O? Once upon a time. But he no longer is anywhere near that standard.

But he is still classed as a rep player.. He still wouldnt look out of place in a maroon jersey, he was afterall selected last year.

Johns Magic

Referee
Chicken_Hunter said:
Johns Magic said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
Nuffy said:
We have lost 5 FG's, two of which were SOO and Aust reps.

3 were S.O.O and Aust reps. :D

Robbio'O? Once upon a time. But he no longer is anywhere near that standard.

But he is still classed as a rep player.. He still wouldnt look out of place in a maroon jersey, he was afterall selected last year.

As much as I am a Newcastle fan, if Robbie got chosen in origin this year it would have been a travesty and an absolute insult to all of the other better candidates.

Latest posts