What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't the NRL do something like this?

bjm8

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
The figures don't matter burty. The point is the same. USA has the advantage of having 200 million more people than we do. Add to that the sports targeted in mega stores are worldwide phenomonen's. That is a massive difference. These mega stores, yes they appeal to fans within Australia but they are the ones you want to target tourists. I question whether a tourist would come to Australia to go to a mega store over here. In fact there would be more of a point to have a cricket one rather than a league one to be honest. Ask many tourists going to the USA and they will at least look in one of the mega stores in the USA.

300 minus 30 equals 200? I got ya now.

I think its a good idea, we just got a dedicated merchandise shop here that sells nrl, afl and a-league gear. Is much better being able to buy everything in the one place rather than going to 10 different sports shops to buy ten different things, or have to mail order off the club.

joshreading

Staff member
It might be only a lazy TEN MILLION difference but australia is only just over 20 million (about 20 778 301)

petetheileet

First Grade
bjm8 said:
300 minus 30 equals 200? I got ya now.

I think its a good idea, we just got a dedicated merchandise shop here that sells nrl, afl and a-league gear. Is much better being able to buy everything in the one place rather than going to 10 different sports shops to buy ten different things, or have to mail order off the club.

one of the chaps finest moments indeed!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
There's a specialty NRL shop in Redcliffe. Would just be a privately owned place that sells mechandise, but still had some nice stuff. A larger store in a central location could definately work.

Calculus

Juniors
The New York metropolitan area contains 18,747,320 (2005 est.) people.

The NBA is also known and supported worldwide, where as the NRL has little international following, so an NBA store would get many more international tourists than an NRL store.

brooksy19

Bench
Its a great store that one, I spent 4 hrs there and over $500.

I reckon i could work in Sydney & Brissy but obviously on a smaller scale. The throw back jerseys are always popular.. Re: The tourists thing, even if they think its rugby, nrl or auusie rules, they'll probably buy a jersey or something for the hell of it.. can't be too bad.

dimitri

First Grade
I have also wondered this

PERFECT PLACE WOULD BE FOX STUDIOS

1) It is where their own office is located

2) Plenty of parking

3) Close to the city wihtout being right in it

4) Close to Aussie Stadium

5) With the studios gone, there isnt much else doing there now!

6) Perfect spot in school holidays etc!!!

7) Plenty of shop spaces.............

dimitri

First Grade
They could go even further and make it a proper LIVE SITE for all games - Including Internationals! That would be awesome!

Latest posts