What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is Phil and the Roosters Worried about the CBA

melon....

Coach
Evilgrowler said:
melon.... said:
Evilgrowler said:
junior009 said:
melon.... said:
Stgillaman said:
Anything to hide fellas ??????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DOH DOH DOH
Living proof that contrary to popular belief...morons can type. I suggest you get into marriage councelling...they could use you at Jubilee.

Is there any question or thread on this forum that you can respond to without becoming abusive??

No he can't Junior. It's an insecurity he was born with and will have to live with for the rest of his life. Sad, but true.
See junior...this is the type of moronic inbred that unfortunately is given a right to join this forum. :roll:

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? You like playing the wounded party don't you, but in my time here, you've done nothing but insult and abuse others and conveniently turn around and blame them for your appalling behaviour.

You are losing your grip on reality. You the self professed genius. You don't look terribly clever now. Not since your locked at the hip buddy was found out to be a liar and made you all look incredibly stupid. You've been trying to side step the issue claiming it was a plant to stir others up. If that's true, rumours of this nature should be seen as bannable offences and action against you morons should be swift and harsh.

Take your nose out of your arsehole moron and smell what you've been posting.

..............NEXT!
Show me where I proclaimed myself as a genius...or forever stick a sock in it arsewipe. Ban away!!!

melon....

Coach
antonius said:
Who read Mr Goulds column in last Sundays Herald? This bloke just doesn’t let up he is now using his position with the paper (The very thing he accuses News Limited of doing to him). to take snide pot shots at Tony Butterfields efforts with the RLPA to get better conditions for the players.
He starts out by telling us all in usual “I know everything” manner, That the agreement isn’t good enough. He complains that the NRL haven’t guaranteed the players payments in the event of a club going belly up all they’ve done is promised to hold back the clubs $2.5 million, surely that’s a step in the right direction, it’s certainly better than the players from the defunct Northern Eagles club got. What does Mr Gould suggest as an alternative? NOTHING. Then he moves on to a piece in it about the players having to abide by the NRL rules, What does he expect? Most if not all work place agreements have similar clauses inserted in them along with no strike clauses. Sorry Phil baby you’ve been in the privileged society for too long, get out into the real working mans world and see what it’s really all about in the workplace. Phil is baffled that the NRL will sit down with the RPLA and discuss the CBA, without the players association being able to tell them how many members it has. Again Phil “So What? That is common in today’s workplace, not all employees are union members, but they still work to the same agreements that unionists do. Reading through the story there is not one positive suggestion coming from Gould, plenty of criticism, but no suggestions on how to fix the vital areas he sees as important. Then again as I read through the article a second time, good old Phil doesn’t really suggest that there are any important areas that need addressing. He criticises the association for asking and getting the NRL to consider initial funding for them, well if the NRL don’t initially do it who will Phil? You? True the players would have to pay fees but the association is just getting off the ground, if the NRL want to give them money why not? The story is purely aimed at taking cheap shots at Butterfield, (he even states that he doesn’t care who runs the players association, knowing full well that we all know who does, and therefore who he’s talking about)Butterfield might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but at least he’s having a go, not sitting in the background rubbishing somebody who is. By the way Phil the taxation dept can check our bankbooks anytime they want, what’s the difference? Unless you have something to hide there’s nothing to worry about. So there we have it they are Phil’s earth shattering concerns!!!! that he claims Butterfield is duping the players with. Then just to round off the article, he has a go at the confidentiality of the NRL, and how things are leaked from them like a sieve, Wonder what he’s referring to there? Sorry Phil, for a bloke who’s the be all and end all of everything football, that article shows just how negative you can be.
Anton, regardless of what you think of Gould, and I have always had mixed feelings about him, he is using his power of the press, to strike back at the NRL, more appropriately News Limited, in any way he can. You know he and the Telecrap have an ongoing vendetta...it may be poor form, but its legitimate. As for offering alternatives to the proposal, I dont think he needs to. Its a column like any other designed to raise an opinion, regardless what the motivation behind it is. The Telecrap do it at nauseum to hammer Sydney Roosters.

I still say StGillman's conspiracy theory is far fetched and borders on laughable...but like Gould and you and I he is entitled to an opinion regardless how ridiculous that might sound.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
You and your cronies continuously tell everybody here you lot are far more intelligent than the rest of us. EA has wiped the floor with the lot of you and you still come back for more. Not to smart if you ask me. You pack of clowns have been made to look stupid at every turn.

Pathetic insults like that are proof of an undeveloped mind. Perhaps it's a criteria towards being a Roosters supporter.

How about I shove that sock up your arse till your nose bleeds?

Football Crazy

Juniors
Stgillaman said:

DOH DOH DOH

Hey come on - I am from Brisbane and even I am getting sick of NRL threads having a go at the Roosters . They have been one of the most competitive clubs in the new millenium and are successful - so tall poppy sydrome comes in. People want to have a go at them. Phil Gould is always opinionated and often controversial - but he is his own person and says what he feels and doesnt hold back. So what if he is a Roosters loyalist? We are all loyal to our clubs.

All the Roosters are doing is asking for a CPI increase in the cap. After five years - Havent we all done that in the past five years? And the Dragons have the balls to back them too. But Butterfield doesnt want the players to have to declare how much they earn cause its many of the other 13 clubs that are rorting the cap - but they just keep their traps shut and the NRL knows it.

Good one you Gould and the Roosters - at least they might provide the Broncos some decent competition in 2004. They, like the Broncos are a also professionally run and sucessful club - not like the cowboys like where Butterfield came from and was in bred in Newcastle.

melon....

Coach
Evilgrowler said:
You and your cronies continuously tell everybody here you lot are far more intelligent than the rest of us. EA has wiped the floor with the lot of you and you still come back for more. Not to smart if you ask me. You pack of clowns have been made to look stupid at every turn.

Pathetic insults like that are proof of an undeveloped mind. Perhaps it's a criteria towards being a Roosters supporter.

Again Evilcarpetmuncher, I put it to you...show us the evidence that I am a self proclaimed genius?? We are all waiting....unless of course you care to retract your comments. If your looking for socks I believe you last put them down the front of your jeans....something about insecurity....

Evilgrowler

First Grade
No I don't care to retract my statement you pubecent pustule. I stand by what I said. You believe you are better and smarter than the rest of us. You don't have to say you're a genius. You imply it all the time.

Now bend over little girl. I have a boot I'd like to shove up your arse. Oops. Looks like someone beat me to it.......again........and again.......and again........

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Football Crazy said:
Stgillaman said:

DOH DOH DOH

Hey come on - I am from Brisbane and even I am getting sick of NRL threads having a go at the Roosters . They have been one of the most competitive clubs in the new millenium and are successful - so tall poppy sydrome comes in. People want to have a go at them. Phil Gould is always opinionated and often controversial - but he is his own person and says what he feels and doesnt hold back. So what if he is a Roosters loyalist? We are all loyal to our clubs.

All the Roosters are doing is asking for a CPI increase in the cap. After five years - Havent we all done that in the past five years? And the Dragons have the balls to back them too. But Butterfield doesnt want the players to have to declare how much they earn cause its many of the other 13 clubs that are rorting the cap - but they just keep their traps shut and the NRL knows it.

Good one you Gould and the Roosters - at least they might provide the Broncos some decent competition in 2004. They, like the Broncos are a also professionally run and sucessful club - not like the cowboys like where Butterfield came from and was in bred in Newcastle.

Typical Rooster Tripe.. a Bloke who Joins Today, carries on like a Bronco, and Really is all Red white and Blue.

You aint that smart fool.

Football Crazy

Juniors
[/quote]

Typical Rooster Tripe.. a Bloke who Joins Today, carries on like a Bronco, and Really is all Red white and Blue.

You aint that smart fool.[/quote]

Listen here Still-a-boy. You dont even have a team to support. Your other thread makes you to be an expert on every team. Everyone has to JOIN some day mate. So today was my first post. I dont like the Roosters arrogance or Brad Fittler but they have a good side and club. I dont need to pretend nothing and I am sick of other "nothing clubs" bagging them out. Let their footy do their talking!

Whats your beef?

TRANSLATION

Juniors

Listen here Still-a-boy. You dont even have a team to support. Your other thread makes you to be an expert on every team. Everyone has to JOIN some day mate. So today was my first post. I dont like the Roosters arrogance or Brad Fittler but they have a good side and club. I dont need to pretend nothing and I am sick of other "nothing clubs" bagging them out. Let their footy do their talking!

Whats your beef?[/quote]

Sick of Nothing clubs bagging them out LOL..

and your not a rooster supporter.. LOL...

LOL...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As my daughter would say..

Whatever..

I Support Stgeorge Illawarra.. We have always Been Stgeorge Illawarra until the Steelers decided to go it alone Mate..

They were then on the scrapheep and we pulled them out and gave them something. Instead of nothing.

Our Club did something for the good of the game, and for the good of the region.

Whatever you say, is just baloney. People that call us illawarra think it irks us.. LOL.

Young, Raper, Morris, Reddy, 50% of our greatest players have come from the Illawarra Dude. So it's only fitting we merged.

And you call us nothing LOL..

Typical Dopey *&^%

Vas Deferens

Juniors
Evilgrowler said:

jeez dude, all you need to do is grab your pitchfork and guttering torch and gather your own village lynch mob at Bondi Junction.

I wish I could be as passionate about getting up the Chickens...I just don't have the drive. My loss I guess.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Obviously you haven't been following the forum long. Perhaps you should read everything before commenting.

Vas Deferens

Juniors
Evilgrowler said:
Obviously you haven't been following the forum long. Perhaps you should read everything before commenting.
You equate with posting widely with breadth of knowledge.

Common error, carry on.

Vas Deferens

Juniors
Evilgrowler said:
apparently you didn't understand what I said. Never mind.
Apparently neither did you. If God himself decided to post here for the first time, you'd accuse him of not knowing the issues either.
Are you one of Melons gimps?
Good lord no, I'd like to have my opinions read at face value without prejudice.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Yes I did understand what you said and no it still seems you didn't get the gist of what I was saying.

This debate has gone on for sometime now. For you to make the original comment you made tells me you don't have full knowledge of what's been going. I implore you, have a look around.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Then others you must find hilarious. But wait. You can't be bothered finding that out. It must be true what they say, "ignorance must be bliss."

Surandy

Bench
melon.... said:
Evilgrowler said:

Again Evilcarpetmuncher, I put it to you...show us the evidence that I am a self proclaimed genius?? We are all waiting....unless of course you care to retract your comments. If your looking for socks I believe you last put them down the front of your jeans....something about insecurity....

Hmm, fancy that, you are freely admitting that you are no genius? :D :D :D

antonius

Coach
melon.... said:
antonius said:
Who read Mr Goulds column in last Sundays Herald? This bloke just doesn’t let up he is now using his position with the paper (The very thing he accuses News Limited of doing to him). to take snide pot shots at Tony Butterfields efforts with the RLPA to get better conditions for the players.
He starts out by telling us all in usual “I know everything” manner, That the agreement isn’t good enough. He complains that the NRL haven’t guaranteed the players payments in the event of a club going belly up all they’ve done is promised to hold back the clubs $2.5 million, surely that’s a step in the right direction, it’s certainly better than the players from the defunct Northern Eagles club got. What does Mr Gould suggest as an alternative? NOTHING. Then he moves on to a piece in it about the players having to abide by the NRL rules, What does he expect? Most if not all work place agreements have similar clauses inserted in them along with no strike clauses. Sorry Phil baby you’ve been in the privileged society for too long, get out into the real working mans world and see what it’s really all about in the workplace. Phil is baffled that the NRL will sit down with the RPLA and discuss the CBA, without the players association being able to tell them how many members it has. Again Phil “So What? That is common in today’s workplace, not all employees are union members, but they still work to the same agreements that unionists do. Reading through the story there is not one positive suggestion coming from Gould, plenty of criticism, but no suggestions on how to fix the vital areas he sees as important. Then again as I read through the article a second time, good old Phil doesn’t really suggest that there are any important areas that need addressing. He criticises the association for asking and getting the NRL to consider initial funding for them, well if the NRL don’t initially do it who will Phil? You? True the players would have to pay fees but the association is just getting off the ground, if the NRL want to give them money why not? The story is purely aimed at taking cheap shots at Butterfield, (he even states that he doesn’t care who runs the players association, knowing full well that we all know who does, and therefore who he’s talking about)Butterfield might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but at least he’s having a go, not sitting in the background rubbishing somebody who is. By the way Phil the taxation dept can check our bankbooks anytime they want, what’s the difference? Unless you have something to hide there’s nothing to worry about. So there we have it they are Phil’s earth shattering concerns!!!! that he claims Butterfield is duping the players with. Then just to round off the article, he has a go at the confidentiality of the NRL, and how things are leaked from them like a sieve, Wonder what he’s referring to there? Sorry Phil, for a bloke who’s the be all and end all of everything football, that article shows just how negative you can be.
Anton, regardless of what you think of Gould, and I have always had mixed feelings about him, he is using his power of the press, to strike back at the NRL, more appropriately News Limited, in any way he can. You know he and the Telecrap have an ongoing vendetta...it may be poor form, but its legitimate. As for offering alternatives to the proposal, I dont think he needs to. Its a column like any other designed to raise an opinion, regardless what the motivation behind it is. The Telecrap do it at nauseum to hammer Sydney Roosters.

I still say StGillman's conspiracy theory is far fetched and borders on laughable...but like Gould and you and I he is entitled to an opinion regardless how ridiculous that might sound.

He is in a public forum handing out bucket loads of critism, if he wants to remain credible he needs to offer alternatives, he doesn't do that. Yes your correct I don't like Gould, but not because he's associated with your club (that does help) but because whilst some of the things he does are good for the game, the majority of them have a ulterior motive behind them (usualy to benifit him, or pump up his already huge ego), like I said he goes on and on about the persicution he gets from news ltd, then looses all cred by doing the same thing himself. If he really cares about the CBA, then where's his alternate proposals?

Oh yes Rooster Alex... If you don't like objective debate, that doesn't always agree with your opinion, then your in the wrong place.

Whats your beef?[/quote]

FC Don't let St GeoIllaman worry you. He is insanely jealous of the Roosters. It's eating away at him like a cancer. He is completely consumed by everything red, white and blue. I actually feel sorry for him.

Latest posts