What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why not Corey Allen to FB?

They didn’t buy this guy as a backup or for reserve grade.
DP

What position do you expect Allan to play !

Fullback: Sloan/Lomax/Allan
Wing: Rava/Finau/Fegai/Allan
Centre: Suli/Lomax/Tamale/Bird/Allan

If he plays Fullback, it means Sloan has failed and Lomax remains at Centre.

There is a possibility that Sloan who suffered two separate injuries before preseason is simply not ready to play. That is Allan’s best chance of playing FG.

If he plays Wing it means Finau who has significant speed and elusiveness isn’t utilised

If he plays Centre it means one or more of Suli/Lomax/Tamale are left out even if Lomax finds himself at Fullback

Preseason form will determine whether Allan manages to displace any of the incumbents

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
The problem with Finau and Tamale is their defence (tackling/postional), people seem to think these guys are the saviours, like Sloan etc, i remember watching Sloan playing a game for Dapto, he was defending like he was playing touch footy and he has brought that defence into 1st grade,those boys need to play reserve grade and build their game before entering 1st grade.

The problem with Finau and Tamale is their defence (tackling/postional), people seem to think these guys are the saviours, like Sloan etc, i remember watching Sloan playing a game for Dapto, he was defending like he was playing touch footy and he has brought that defence into 1st grade,those boys need to play reserve grade and build their game before entering 1st grade.
Agreed AY

the young guys need to be able to handle the physical rigours of FG and above all must be able to tackle effectively

Crush

Coach
DP

What position do you expect Allan to play !

Fullback: Sloan/Lomax/Allan
Wing: Rava/Finau/Fegai/Allan
Centre: Suli/Lomax/Tamale/Bird/Allan

If he plays Fullback, it means Sloan has failed and Lomax remains at Centre.

There is a possibility that Sloan who suffered two separate injuries before preseason is simply not ready to play. That is Allan’s best chance of playing FG.

If he plays Wing it means Finau who has significant speed and elusiveness isn’t utilised

If he plays Centre it means one or more of Suli/Lomax/Tamale are left out even if Lomax finds himself at Fullback

Preseason form will determine whether Allan manages to displace any of the incumbents
I reckon for round 1 we will see this back line, unless Sloan does something special in trials.
1. Lomax
2. Allan
3. Suli
4. Bird
5. Rava
6. Kyle
7. Hunt

Lennyb

Juniors
I reckon for round 1 we will see this back line, unless Sloan does something special in trials.
1. Lomax
2. Allan
3. Suli
4. Bird
5. Rava
6. Kyle
7. Hunt
My guess,
1. Allan
2. Fegai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rav
6/7. F & H
9. Lids & Connor

The other numbers. In Flanno we trust.

possm

Coach
Lomax is a quality centre who has not had a decent coach. He shouldn’t be moved to fb. Allan does that job. Sloan can become a winger
I've always thought that Lomax could be the new Changa Langlands for 2024 and beyond.

If he could learn to defend properly and kick in general play, Sloan with his zippy speed around the ruck, Sloan could find his place in the NRL team.

Suli should be moving to right-center giving the dragons two big outside backs on the right. On the left, we should have a vacancy for a center and winger. My take is that Allen would go to left-center and one of our gun young wingers will take up the wing spot.

kit66

Bench
I think Sloan will come good, he's only 21 and a lightweight but has apparently added some kilos in the off season, looks pretty fit in those training shots. If he can improve his defence a minimum of 10-20% he'll retain his spot at the back. Defence is obviously an area the whole team needs to improve out of sight to make us competitive but we also need to drastically increase our point scoring and that's where we'll need Sloan. I'm hoping Flanno can work with our halves and get them to bring Sloan into the game a lot more and also get us some speedsters who can back up Sloan when he makes a break. The only fullback with more line breaks than Sloan (16) is Reece Walsh (21) but Walsh managed to lay on 26 try assists to Sloan's 8 which suggests the Broncs are able to capitalize on those lb's where Dragons waste them.
Lomax at fb might stiffen our defence but he hasn't got the attacking skills of Sloan which means we'd have to rely almost solely on Hunt to get us points plus we'd weaken the centres - especially if we put Bird back in there, the guy has less lateral movement than the goal posts, he's bad enough playing 2nd row.

rasaint

Juniors
Hey I have enjoyed reading this post over the past few days. Some posters think Zac Lomax is a terrific centre only let down by not getting ‘early ball / clean ball/ right side position/ good coaching’ and bulked up too much. Others like me think he lacks dash as a centre or fullback but could be a strong backrower or lock who is a good goal kicker. Whatever happens he plays for my team and I hope Zac has the best season possible.

Other comments made about other players and team dynamics and whether a couple of the juniors with another 6 months of ‘growth spurts ‘ and good coaching etc, will prove top level NRL additions in both forwards and backs.

We all want our team to prove the naysayers wrong and shake up the comp next year with a great season; despite missing out on big name signings.

It will be interesting and I hope a season of positive surprises.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I like how Allan is happy to play anywhere in the backline. That's the spirit. I am hoping he comes good. Qld selectors don't pick many dud to represent them in Origin. They must have seen something in him.

DfL

Juniors
Been a while since i last posted, but geez i think someone has put a curse on us.

We just can't catch a break

Latest posts