What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why should Souths move?

LESStar58

Referee
SHARK-SPURS said:
17 teams is abit to much. Unless one of the current teams relocate, the CC won't get a team any time soon.

Then wait a few more years....ensure the Titans can be a success and then admit the CC bears and Wellington Orcas!

sunny

i went to souths-dogs on easter monday, which had a crowd of around 20,000...and around 15,000 were dogs fans in my estimation.

Angry_eel

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
Then wait a few more years....ensure the Titans can be a success and then admit the CC bears and Wellington Orcas!
f**k off wellington orcas. More like Perth reds or something.

the bondi spy

Juniors
LeagueXIII said:
Exactly, if we need a team on the CC, expand the comp to 18. The Roosters are way more vulnerable than Souths are if they have a few bad seasons.

Hang on a minute. How do you figure this? The Roosters are strong in all areas. The only Juniors we had your club pinched them all. We do our own recruiting and are very successful at this. Our junior teams are always near the top.

Is your comment just another dig at the Roosters? Put your bias aside for a minute. Souths are a rabble. From top to bottom. The owners wouldn't know a drop out from a drop kick. Why will we be vulnerable? Cetainly Souths are no threat to our club. Souths are lucky to be in the comp at all and lurch from one disaster to another both on and off the field.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I'm using the same criteria as the media use, poor crowds and poor results, as I said if they have a poor couple of season's this could easily happen. Having said that I don't want ANY team out of Sydney. If the media wanted to concentrate on the politics of the Roosters they could easily make them look bad the same can be applied for any club. Read my original post regarding crowds and News Ltd propaganda.
I am not a Souths supporter, I'm interested in what's best for rugby league.
I notice how you became defensive of your club when I suggested they could be vulnerable with a few bad seasons. Just as Souths supporters are from constant attacks from the media and opposition supporters.

Lego_Man

First Grade
This is the kind of sh*t that reminds me of how strong the game was before Super League. f**k rationalisation, the more teams the better - to an extent. What we need eventually is Central Coast, a second Brisbane/SE Queensland team, a Perth team and an Adelaide team (although league may have blown their chances in those last two markets).

Briza

Juniors
In fairness to the Manly Crowds, I don't think they have played a Sunday afternoon game at home as yet.

Crusher

Coach
The number of teams in Sydney has nothing to do with anything. With a growing population and with a prediction fo the city area having an additional 200,000 population by 2030 there is merit in retaining city based teams.

Souths problem is that they have been in a hole so long its going to take more than just a couple of rich dudes to solve their problems.

super_coach

First Grade
1--you are dreaming if you think theirs room for another team! Their isnt enough players to go around now
2---The CC want their own team not a rebirthed Club.They would pack the place week in and week out
3--Souths only need a hint of success and the rabit army will be back.It may take a couple of more years,but they will be back
4--With the millions and millions of dollars news has sunk into the storm,and we get bumper crowds of 8000--thats where we should be asking questions

mckinks

Juniors
In hindsight, Souths probably rushed back into the comp after re-admittance when they should've waited until the 2003 season. They had missed out on quality players off-contract at the start of July 2001, it all went a little too fast and Souths is still paying for it today. The Gold Coast is an excellent example of having time to prepare.
On top of that, the mess that has been the administration of the club has really only now improved with partial privatisation and the promise of improved facilities.

The Preacher

First Grade
HMS Cheesemaker said:
Actually 15,578 (or possibly 15,595 - not 100% sure on the Saints/Knights crowd).

Yes,that's what I thought HMS C,("secret" manufacturer of dairyproducts) and what was posted before is true also, that opposition teams make up the majority of Souths crowds. It's like the old Roman day's when people went to their version of Telstra and watched uneven contests knowing they were on the winner.:)