What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the theatrics?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I'm thinking that us loyal fans on the forum should chip in to buy Aaron a going away present for the end of the season. If we each put in twenty cents we should be able to get him a giant box of tissues.

mozza91

Coach
Can certainly understand the fans unhappiness with everything that's happened and as paying fans they have every right to react how they want to Woods,Tedesco and Moses. Don't know if I could boo someone wearing a Knights jersey but can definitely relate to the frustration.

Kind of feel sorry for Woods though. He seems like a good bloke but has been very poorly advised by his management and he's not smart enough to realise how it's made him look. Had it not been played out in the media and bandied about on 360 on a weekly basis all of this crap would've been avoided. After what he's said today I can't see him being at the club much longer. It's a shame for both parties that it's ended this way.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah he really is a complete and utter idiot. If all this was happening why didn't he just impose a media ban until it was sorted out. All he would have needed to do is apologise to the fans for creating the uncertainty but he was trying to make a really important decision and would let everyone know when everything was sorted. Saying nothing would have been the respectful thing to do

Tiger Ted

Bench
Gee the boos are really going to increase..
Imagine when he plays his last game at Leichhardt.Will he be game to do a lap of honour?
The lowlife ingrate piece of shit should b playing state cup for the rest of season after peddling furphys on Foxtel & bringing the club into disrepute.

There's no more justification for the club to have recently displayed so much public support & outlined praise for this shitbag via the emails & statements to members & fans.His position as captain is untenable after the excrement he verbally discharged today!!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so Woods was keen to be a Tiger for life at the start of the year, despite knowing JT's contract ended this year, but then states one of the reasons why he is leaving is because he didn't know who the long term coach was, despite Cleary being appointed two weeks prior to Woods' offer being pulled.

If a long term coach was a priority, why were you willing to be a Tiger for life at the start of the year when no long term coach was in place, but unwilling to stay when a long term coach had been appointed?

Tigerm

First Grade
Well said..
but you forgot to mention one word, big FAT body....
Has the long hair because hes going bald,has to be only excuse.
Doesnt say much for his wife does it to marry this fat,bogan,illiterate,unclean hillbilly plodder
You forgot to add millionaire to his profile:cool:

Tiger05

First Grade
The lowlife ingrate piece of shit should b playing state cup for the rest of season after peddling furphys on Foxtel & bringing the club into disrepute.

There's no more justification for the club to have recently displayed so much public support & outlined praise for this shitbag via the emails & statements to members & fans.His position as captain is untenable after the excrement he verbally discharged today!!

I really think the club shouldn't be sticking up for this piece of shit. The club should immediately sack him from the captaincy and play him off the bench in reserve grade.

Tiger05

First Grade
so Woods was keen to be a Tiger for life at the start of the year, despite knowing JT's contract ended this year, but then states one of the reasons why he is leaving is because he didn't know who the long term coach was, despite Cleary being appointed two weeks prior to Woods' offer being pulled.

If a long term coach was a priority, why were you willing to be a Tiger for life at the start of the year when no long term coach was in place, but unwilling to stay when a long term coach had been appointed?

He lies. I'm not even sure if these 3 pieces of shit realise that they are lying or if they are reading off a script. Turdesco says basically exactly the same crap that this wanka says.

To me it looks this way.

They wanted to know who the new coach was. Ok, so we get Ivan Cleary, an experienced coach with a good record and they (Except Brooks who, to me anyway, could see the advantages of a coach like Cleary) leave. That tells me simply that they had someone they wanted (I remember reading somewhere that they wanted Todd Payten) and they spat it when that person didn't get the gig. It's either that or Cleary's rep as a no-nonsense coach who will move on big names if they don't fit in with what he wants scared them. I think it's a bit from column A and a bit from column B.

Woods is mouthing off. I think he's mouthing off because he has this reputation as a lovable larrikin and he didn't want to be seen as a prick. Well, he's done nothing but confirm to me that he's a prick and we'll be better off without him. If Hasler thinks he's better than James Graham, then the Dogs should give Hasler the heave-ho.

Moses, who cares? Really, the kid is all bravado and no substance. Parra have bought a lemon. When he berated a clearly-injured Nofo on the weekend, I was livid. Should be in reggies next week.

Teddy. I was gutted initially but no more. Could have been the best player to ever pull on a WT jersey but will go down as a petulant child who left when he didn't get his own way.

f**k that Ted, you wouldn't do that to the State Cup team. They don't deserve 80 minutes of "it is what it is," and "have a feed with the missus."

Eastview

Juniors
Why would the club let him do an interview like this? And if they didnt why hasnt he been dragged over the coals. If a player did this from the club i support I would want the management to come down like a ton of bricks on them... Seems like the tigers are weak from the top to bottom

Tiger05

First Grade
MU - I liked your article but I think you could have given it to him even more. I would also give it to Turdesco and the wanka.

I'd love to see the club go back at the guy. The club can handle it with class and just lay out the facts.

1. We've had a contract there for over 12 months.
2. It was a 4 year contract worth $2.4 million plus a car plus a TPA of $150k.
3. We have no idea what negative media articles he is referring too however the board and management hierarchy have been clear and consistent when it comes to the expectations of the team.
4. Taylor had to go because the team wasn't performing on the field. Club management make these decisions and not the players.
5. Woods was given the captaincy however in hindsight that was a poor decision.
6. There were requests from the players for Joe Wehbe and his masseuse to be given permanent roles within the club however the coach at that time didn't believe that this was appropriate. The clubs management agreed with his decision.
7. The contract negotiation was farcical. There were always different issues being raised in each subsequent meeting.

Last edited:

Radical Rat

Juniors
Why would the club let him do an interview like this? And if they didnt why hasnt he been dragged over the coals. If a player did this from the club i support I would want the management to come down like a ton of bricks on them... Seems like the tigers are weak from the top to bottom

They can't really stop him but I would hope he's disciplined for it in some way. He has to be immediately stripped of the captaincy. I'm actually spewing he got injured because it's given the club an out. I imagine he just won't get it back once he's fit again, but I would have loved to have seen him stripped.

I'm more than comfortable if that's the last time we see Woods in a Tigers jersey.

The club has made some great leadership strides the past couple of weeks, demoting Woods to reggies would be a fantastic display of strong leadership and let everyone know who's running the show. I hope Ivan pushes for that.

Tiger05

First Grade
They can't really stop him but I would hope he's disciplined for it in some way. He has to be immediately stripped of the captaincy. I'm actually spewing he got injured because it's given the club an out. I imagine he just won't get it back once he's fit again, but I would have loved to have seen him stripped.

I'm more than comfortable if that's the last time we see Woods in a Tigers jersey.

The club has made some great leadership strides the past couple of weeks, demoting Woods to reggies would be a fantastic display of strong leadership and let everyone know who's running the show. I hope Ivan pushes for that.

Exactly. The club needs to make a stand here. Tell him to his face that his recollection of the facts don't match up to how they believe this situation developed and due to the one sided interview which brings the club into disrepute the club feels that he shouldn't be captain or represent this club again.

Basically sack him but don't let him go to another club without compensation.

The fact that he's manufactured all these excuses about why he's leaving shows he has guilt about why he's going. Someone who feels like they're justified in what they're doing doesn't need external endorsement. Woods however has made every excuse under the sun not to sign and then when he eventually pulls the trigger he then resorts to lies.