What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Tigers will win the WCC......

Mr Saab

Referee
daniel fitzhenry at 5/8 gives me no confidence.
Bulls have injury problems too.
This game is a flip of the coin as there is no real form guide.

Mr Saab

Referee
Just looked at the odds. Tigers are 2.60!!!
Great value there. Might even take them half time and fulltime at 4s.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
why the tigers WONT win the WWC:

its in england and theres no benji
Bulls by 6

AS posted on another thread, Im not so sure that we'd miss Benji too much in a game like this.

The field is very narrow, which means much less gaps. Higher tackles are usually let go in these games that involve the Pommy teams and officialdom.

The opposing side is very big and very powerful. In games last year Benji would rarely touch the ball in the first 20 minutes. He plays as an inside centre really only difference is he has a number 6 on his back.

An expansive game will be difficult with this narrow field. The cold wont get us but the narrow field might. WT struggled in Melbourne because of the same thing. GALLOWAY, O'HARA and HARRIS will play and must lead the way. That is the way the game will be played. Up the middle and quick play the balls ala' Easts 2002 Premiership style, more than WT 2005 premiership style.

Carlito

Juniors
Sorry Tigpies, but I think you will struggle without Benji and (I presume?) Richards.

The Clan

Juniors
northern knight said:
Is it true no aussie team has won the wcc when played in U.K. Make them come out here for a change.

Two teams have won in Englan
Brisbane v Wigan
Sydney Roosters v Sts

Super League teams offer to play the game in Australia every year but its always declined by the NRL.
Main reason being the level of support that fans give the games in England.

the one time it was played in Australia Brisbane got thumped by Wigan in front of about 60,000 fans at Lang Park.

Don't fall for the line that the SL club has had more warm up games either. To my knoweledge the Bulls have had three friendlies but the first choice team only played in one of them. They have had the same prep as Wests.

The biggest factor is the weather, its -3 today, Thursday, the day before the game.

The Clan

Juniors
Balmain Bug said:
AS posted on another thread, Im not so sure that we'd miss Benji too much in a game like this.

The field is very narrow, which means much less gaps. Higher tackles are usually let go in these games that involve the Pommy teams and officialdom.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

The Galpharm (formerly McAlpine) Stadium has a massive playing area which is perfect for an expansive team.

The Clan

Juniors
2005 Leeds d Bulldogs 39-32

2004 Bradford d Penrith 22-4

2003 Sydney Roosters d St Helens 38-0

2002 Bradford d Newcastle 41-26

2001 St Helens d Brisbane 20-18

2000 Melbourne d St Helens 44-6

1993 Wigan d Brisbane 20-14

1992 Brisbane d Wigan 22-8

1991 Wigan d Penrith 21-4

1989 Widnes d Canberra 30-18

1987 Wigan d Manly 8-2

1976 Easts d St Helens 25-2

jimmythehand

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Just looked at the odds. Tigers are 2.60!!!
Great value there. Might even take them half time and fulltime at 4s.

$2.60? That's piss poor value. You can get $3.39 for the Tigers.

Also $5 for ht/ft.

Just be careful as the UK books bet on 80 mins,not full-time.

Mr Saab said:
daniel fitzhenry at 5/8 gives me no confidence.
Bulls have injury problems too.
This game is a flip of the coin as there is no real form guide.

I think that the big factor is wether or not Deacon plays.

+ Dont forget Bai and Vaineliko in the backline that will carve them up alone I predict Bradford by a lot, just annoyed 13+ is only $2.6.

innsaneink

Referee
the clan said:
Two teams have won in Englan
Brisbane v Wigan
Sydney Roosters v Sts

Super League teams offer to play the game in Australia every year but its always declined by the NRL.
Main reason being the level of support that fans give the games in England.

the one time it was played in Australia Brisbane got thumped by Wigan in front of about 60,000 fans at Lang Park.

Wests wanted to play it here, Leeds, if they won wanted to play it here, Bradford want it played in GB.

Why?

Your comp starts the week after. Noble didnt want the boys flying around the globe in the lead up to round one of Super League.

the clan said:
Don't fall for the line that the SL club has had more warm up games either. To my knoweledge the Bulls have had three friendlies but the first choice team only played in one of them. They have had the same prep as Wests.

The biggest factor is the weather, its -3 today, Thursday, the day before the game.

Try 4 hit outs:

Bradford

02/01/06 Warrington WolvesV Bradford Bulls
08/01/06 Dewsbury RamsV Bradford Bulls
22/01/06 Huddersfield GiantsV Bradford Bulls
27/01/06 Bradford BullsV Hull Kingston Rovers

Wests

27/01/06 Wests Tigers V Group 4.

Yes the teams have been mixed with young and senior players, theyre all getting match fitness though.
Hardly the same prep.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
The Clan said:
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

The Galpharm (formerly McAlpine) Stadium has a massive playing area which is perfect for an expansive team.

WT seem to feel that the sidelines will be pulled in. This was confirmed by Roycie yesterday. Playing surface is not a bad size by the line markings will reduce the size of the field for this game. Watch and see.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
The Clan said:
They have had the same prep as Wests.

Group 4 vs Hull hmmmm have a feeling that Hull is about 3-4 divisions higher than Group 4 if a world compition was played and both entered

40+ tempratures compared to low to negative tempratures, hmmmmm really starting to see the simularities with the preperation now :?

4 games up against 1, yes they are getting clearer now arn't they :roll:

Travel halfway around the world compared to living a drive away yes another simularity that would indicate they have has the same prep :roll:

The Clan said:

Fully agree, the game play that lead us to winning the NRL comp I somehow doubt will be on show against the Bulls tomorrow morning yet again giving the Bulls yet another edge in this WCC

jed

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
I think that the big factor is wether or not Deacon plays.
Currently it's 1 degree in Huddersfield, today's top is expected to be 3C, dropping to 2C. When's the last time the tigpies played in conditions like that?

At least there's no rain forecast until after the end of the game.

innsaneink

Referee
jed said:
Currently it's 1 degree in Huddersfield, today's top is expected to be 3C, dropping to 2C. When's the last time the tigpies played in conditions like that?

At least there's no rain forecast until after the end of the game.

A few years ago.

Its been dry all week over there, the track is the main concern, dew.

wtraiderssnow8mi.jpg

Mighty Tiger

Bench
innsaneink said:
A few years ago.

Its been dry all week over there, the track is the main concern, dew.

wtraiderssnow8mi.jpg

How cold was it that day?

I remember the snow, jumpers and well the mistake ..... but not the temprature

Latest posts