What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Tigers will win the WCC......

jed said:
Currently it's 1 degree in Huddersfield, today's top is expected to be 3C, dropping to 2C. When's the last time the tigpies played in conditions like that?

At least there's no rain forecast until after the end of the game.

I feel for the poor bastards, especially the forwards imagine getting drilled into the ground @ that temp, Bradford by plenty Tig's will be lucky not to get frost bite.

jed

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
I feel for the poor bastards, especially the forwards imagine getting drilled into the ground @ that temp, Bradford by plenty Tig's will be lucky not to get frost bite.
Considering the turf's heated, I reckon getting drilled will give them a quick spot of warmth. :p

Darth Bobo

I havn't been too confident of a win leading up to this game but this game me a bit of hope.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=131002

More responsibility rests on Fielden's shoulders as he attempts to spark a forward pack missing the likes of Great Britain captain Jamie Peacock who moved to Leeds after their Super League grand final win.

"It'll be strange on the pitch and not having him (Peacock) around because he does a lot of work," Fielden said.

"But other people will have to step up and I'll just have to carry on as well."

If we can put a bit of pressure on them I'm hoping not having a guy who the team's relied on in the past will give us the breathing room to go on with it. Would love a win but not all that confident although I really like what the Tigers are playing, I kicked myself for not backing them last year and will do it again if we win this.

The Clan

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Try 4 hit outs:

Bradford

02/01/06 Warrington WolvesV Bradford Bulls
08/01/06 Dewsbury RamsV Bradford Bulls
22/01/06 Huddersfield GiantsV Bradford Bulls
27/01/06 Bradford BullsV Hull Kingston Rovers

Wests

27/01/06 Wests Tigers V Group 4.

Yes the teams have been mixed with young and senior players, theyre all getting match fitness though.
Hardly the same prep.

The Warrington and Dewsbury games were virtualy all U21s and the Hull KR match was a testimonial game with guest players like Jimmy Lowes (retired 2 years ago) and Henry Paul (Been a RU player for the last 4 years).

The only game the Bulls first team squad has played has been the Huddersfield Game.

ali

Bench
Actually I'd like to applaud the quality of this thread. Usually these threads turn into battles between people who actually watch the Super League and stupid NRL fans who just assume that all English fplayers and teams are crap. Good to see some actual analysis of the Bradford team from the Tigers fans.

For the record I think it's a lottery playing this game pre-season. Deacon will be a big factor as Bradford have a massive pack, and they need a good halfback to take advantage of their size. I don't rate Harris but Stanley Gene would be an interesting proposition. This guy is now around 33, but appears to be going like a vintage bottle of wine. He could be dangerous off the bench. Watch out for Karl Pryce if he plays, very dangerous ball runner. If he slots into halfback, he'll be the tallest halfback in the history of RL.

The Clan

Juniors
Balmain Bug said:
WT seem to feel that the sidelines will be pulled in. This was confirmed by Roycie yesterday. Playing surface is not a bad size by the line markings will reduce the size of the field for this game. Watch and see.

The playing surface at the Galpharm is a semi synthetic grass which is held up as the prime example of how all pitches should be! Its on of the most stringently maintained surfaces in any stadiium in the UK.

It passes the Premier League Football standard which is one of the most stringent criteria laid down in any sport in the world.

There's no indication that The Galpharm Stadium Management Co or Huddersfield Town FC or The Huddersfield Giants are going to allow Bradford or anyone else to frig about with the line markings and pitch dimensions just for this game!

The Clan

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
Group 4 vs Hull hmmmm have a feeling that Hull is about 3-4 divisions higher than Group 4 if a world compition was played and both entered

40+ tempratures compared to low to negative tempratures, hmmmmm really starting to see the simularities with the preperation now :?

4 games up against 1, yes they are getting clearer now arn't they :roll:

Travel halfway around the world compared to living a drive away yes another simularity that would indicate they have has the same prep :roll:

Fully agree, the game play that lead us to winning the NRL comp I somehow doubt will be on show against the Bulls tomorrow morning yet again giving the Bulls yet another edge in this WCC

Don't confuse Hull Kingston Rovers with Hull FC!

Hull KR play in the National League and as I said earlier in another post this was a Testimonial game for Robbie Paul with token appearances from some of his former team mates.

Three of the four games you would like to include were played almost exclusively with Bradford Bulls U21s the only exception being the Huddersfield game.

West Tigers have had the same amount of time to make suitable preparations for this game. If they have chosen to play just one warm up game, arrive in the UK just 4 days prior to the match and in general hav'nt prepared properly then thats a reflection on them!

This can be said of all the teams that have taken part in the WCC.

The British sides have been open to playing this game anywhere in the world! They have openly stated that they would play it on a different date if that was required. The fact is the NRL does'nt want to promote it or take a risk financialy by underwriting it.

Hell the Australian administration has to have its arm twisted before they'll do international matches.

The blame for the lack of games played in Australia either the WCC or by Test matches lies fairly and squarely at the door of the Ausies.

sooperdooper

First Grade
watching the game now, if the tigers play like this during the season they are spoon contenders.
absolutely shocking!!!
cant put a set together, making no yards, no falir, no nothing! too predictable doing the same junk over and over!

simon says said:
Rob Farah.......Ive been watching some tapes of the Super League lately,and Ive noticed that the refs allow super quick play the balls.

Well that is just fine by me......watch Robbie absoltely carve up.The poms wont know how to handle him,they have good hookers,big strong fellers,but no one even remotely close to the skill level of this young gun.

Watch him wreak havoc up the middle off quick play the balls,he will be running into gaps where the big blokes just cant get......

Tiges by plenty.

Did Robbie leave his carving knife at home?
Mate if you took off your orange &black glasses you would realise that it is very very hard to compete with a match fit, in form team when your team has not played for 4 months . But hey if you want to make a fool of yourself with stupid predictions ...don't let me stop you.

simon says

First Grade
Well........Robbie did set up one very nice try.

We didnt go as well as I thought we would......

Darth Bobo

manoa thompsons knees said:
Any chance of you lot saying Bradford done what they had to do, And done a good job of it.

Bradford did play well and deserved the win, the Bulls forward pack dominated. There were glimpes of '05 for us there but it was Bradford's day beyond doubt.

Bring on Round 1.

jed

First Grade
Nah, you can't mortgage a cardboard box for more than $10 these days down his way.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: i like this new streak in you jed... once the quiet type, happy to play peace maker. Now look at you, stirring and fishing with the best of em :lol: well in mate

Latest posts