What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki and Price- an outrageous comment

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Skinner said:
What a broad and completely incorrect statement :roll:
Australians have as much access to every NRL game each week (more in fact) as we do in NZ (if you can afford it), is the point I was trying to make.

Skinner

Coach
Brad Joyce said:
Australians have as much access to every NRL game each week (more in fact) as we do in NZ (if you can afford it), is the point I was trying to make.

There are many that cannot afford it.

We have more live games in this country than they do.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Brad Joyce said:
Not free to air ones.

Whats your point?

For the most part, league fans in NZ that use this forum have Pay Tv.

League fans in Oz that use this forum are a mix of pay TV viewers and FTA viewers.

Brad Joyce

Juniors
Father Dougal McGuire said:
Whats your point?

For the most part, league fans in NZ that use this forum have Pay Tv.

League fans in Oz that use this forum are a mix of pay TV viewers and FTA viewers.

My point is. Mr Henry was trying to use the fact that Australian public won't judge Steve Price as the No. 1 front rower in the world because he's never on channel 9 (free to air). Well if he uses that theory, we can't judge the likes of Asotasi, Bailey etc, because they're not on free to air tv in NZ.

Jesbass

First Grade
Thierry Henry said:
The Australian selectors decided not to pick him through a combination of ignorance, and a decision to look to the future, I thought that much was obvious.

It actually had a lot to do with the 2005 Tri-Nations loss. Price was the individual most responsible for convincing Stacey Jones to wear the black and white. I don't think the powers-that-be ever forgave him for that.

JJ

Immortal
in the NRL IMO

1. Price
2. Asotasi
3. Bailey
4. Civo
5. Daylight

Wiki not in the top 10.

As for the Australian selectors not picking Price - who knows, and who cares really. If they seriously think O'Meley , mason, and Ryles are better props then good for them :crazy:

For the Warriors

1. Price
2. Daylight

Honourable mention Seuseu

Brad Joyce said:
It's very easy for Warriors supporters to suggest that he's 'the best prop in the world'. Why doesn't someone stick a pole up in the NRL forum, and we'll get a more balanced assesment.

If you put up a poll with options on the best prop in the world (rather than yes/no for Price) you'd probably get Mick Weyman winning it or at least going close :lol: would that be 'balanced'?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
JJ said:
in the NRL IMO

1. Price
2. Asotasi
3. Bailey
4. Civo
5. Daylight

Wiki not in the top 10.

As for the Australian selectors not picking Price - who knows, and who cares really. If they seriously think O'Meley , mason, and Ryles are better props then good for them :crazy:

For the Warriors

1. Price
2. Daylight

Honourable mention Seuseu

Indeed, indeed.

Frankly I've always been a huge Asotasi fan, yet all the fanfare has thrown me a bit.

I'd probably rank Civo and Price top, because they do the frontrowers primary job best- they take hit up after hit up, always making good metres and rarely if ever getting dominated by their opposite. I don't think Asotasi has quite the same workrate.

Martli

Coach
Whe I was a league n00b in 2004 I started watching Bulldogs games to see what Price was like after we signed him. After watching a few games I was like "this asotasi guy is the man" and the rest is history :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Martli said:
Whe I was a league n00b in 2004 I started watching Bulldogs games to see what Price was like after we signed him. After watching a few games I was like "this asotasi guy is the man" and the rest is history :lol:

But a league n00b would think that... A lot of what Price does (the constant pressure on opposition kickers, the on-feild leadership) isn't as obvious as Asotasi's hit-ups.

I rate Price right up there in terms of current props and I definitely agree that he's the best prop to play for the Warriors. It isn't just down to the quality of the work he puts in on the field either, but the quantity as well. The amount of time he can spend on the field means that our less fit props are much more free to be used for impact rather than staying on the park for an extended period of time.

Unfortunately I think that Wiki is mostly past his best as a ball runner, although he still seems to be strong on defense and serves as an inspiration to the other players. He's still a very worthwhile player, but really not on the same level as Price for the Warriors IMHO.

Latest posts