What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild idea, Ben Roberts to Knights???

Bulldog Ben Roberts in Cronulla's sights

By James Phelps | June 02, 2009 12:00am
Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are saying

0,,6653164,00.jpg
Career best form ... star Bulldog Ben Roberts. Photograph: Gregg Porteous / The Daily Telegraph

THE Sharks are circling in-form Bulldogs playmaker Ben Roberts and are poised to have a big dip at the Kiwi playmaker. Cronulla missed out on Brett Morris, who re-signed with the Dragons yesterday, and are desperate to kick off their recruitment drive with a big-name signing.
Current Cronulla five-eighth Trent Barrett has one more year left on his deal, while the Sharks have struggled to find a regular halfback this season.
The ailing side have been widely criticised for lacking creativity and speed.
Roberts has been in career best form at the Bulldogs since Kevin Moore took over the coaching reigns this year.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25570572-5006066,00.html

-----------------------------------------------------------

Surely we'd be a better option career wise then the Sharks and our large islander contigent couldnt hurt.

This guy has very good hands and one of the strongest running games around, solid defender, I'd love to see him here!

What do you's reckon?(Let the flaming begin.)

CJG 182

Juniors
Lol no flaming but personally we have one erratic Ben in the halves, I don't think we need to replace him with another.

bluesbreaker

Bench
No way, get f**ked, f**k off.

We don't need another running 5/8th. We have a better one in Mullen, and a project player in Rogers who has all the hallmarks of being a top notch player.

I meant playing him in the Centres.

Edit: Also BB how about keeping on topic instead of going off at me like a spastic, gets real old, and its real childish. I mean what type of person are you?

roopy

Referee
centre is our weakest position in the seniors and our strongest position in the juniors.

We have the two Williams' and the four Mata'utais' all coming through the juniors in the centres - not to mention Chad Redman, Scott Dunn etc.

Alex28

Coach
The Sharks would be able to pay well over what we could for him. Bit of a non-event of a topic to be honest...

Baldwin

Juniors
Ben Roberts is so so soooooooo Shi*
id rather play our newcastle u7s reserve 5/8 than Roberts, what a crazy idea, you were joking ay.

Joker's Wild

Coach
a. He will be asking for overs because he is a Kiwi rep
b. He is not as good as he(or the media) thinks he is.

No thanks

Serc

First Grade
Roberts gave Lockyer a real schooling on Friday night (for those of you who think he is absolutely horrible - which included me last season)

But of course we already have Mullo (and Rogers) so we don't need him.

Latest posts