What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Cameron Smith play one season too long?

Will Cameron Smith play one season too long?

• Total voters

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’d love to say yes but the guy could probably play another 5 seasons. I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if he goes around again in 2021.

Matua

Bench
I’d love to say yes but the guy could probably play another 5 seasons. I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if he goes around again in 2021.
In that case Melbourne should return Brandon Smith to Auckland.

Actually scratch that, the Warriors will just ruin him, but at least send B Smith somewhere to get game time.

Exsilium

First Grade
He will play this season but don’t worry, he’ll always be around. For years and years to come......

Canard

Immortal
Thurston had the most try assists and linebreak assists of any player in the NRL in his final season.

Some drop off.

blaza88z

Coach
He's the kind of bloke would try to milk the game dry of every last cent, I know most players should do that while they can still play the game but he's getting to the age where he could become a liability

Big Pete

Referee
Thurston had the most try assists and linebreak assists of any player in the NRL in his final season.

Some drop off.

Right?

Sure, he may not have been as dominant as he was from mid 2013 to 2016, but JT was still the best half in the game when he retired.

stryker

First Grade
The longer he plays the longer time he stays out of the comm box and so doesn't annoy people audibly as well as visually.

Thurston is an absolute slug for nine, Slater is an annoying prick and coopercronk is a smug wanker on fox.
Still salty over those SOO losses princess?

stryker

First Grade
Right?

Sure, he may not have been as dominant as he was from mid 2013 to 2016, but JT was still the best half in the game when he retired.

His last season was dreadful and quite painful to watch I thought. He wouldnt have many regrets during his career but Id suspect his final season is one.

Riveting live tv that year when Brandy said he might’ve played a year to long in front of Cooper, Yvonne and Corey. Their faces were in shock horror.

I remember watching that and thinking nothing of it - it was blatantly obvious to all that Thurston was struggling deluxe - and the journos/commentators had been mentioning how the Cowboys looked like a tired side even at that stage of the season. But as an ex player said it - the flames got fanned. I'm not a big fan of Alexander in commentary but he said what he was thinking at the time and I respect that.

On Smith - the bloke has just kept keeping on. Standing down from SOO & Internationals has helped him. Whenever he retires I don't think it will have been a day too long.

King hit

Coach
Still salty over those SOO losses princess?
What has Origin got do with Thurston and Slater being shit commentators? Sorry but the reason why people don’t like their commentary isn’t because they were great QLD players their commentary is unpopular because they are shit at it.

I remember watching that and thinking nothing of it - it was blatantly obvious to all that Thurston was struggling deluxe - and the journos/commentators had been mentioning how the Cowboys looked like a tired side even at that stage of the season. But as an ex player said it - the flames got fanned. I'm not a big fan of Alexander in commentary but he said what he was thinking at the time and I respect that.

On Smith - the bloke has just kept keeping on. Standing down from SOO & Internationals has helped him. Whenever he retires I don't think it will have been a day too long.
Say what you like about Alexander and Gould’s commentary but this is something I really appreciate about both of them. They aren’t at all afraid to say things that might be unpopular and could divide fans. I find that far more interesting then those who just try to keep everything friendly.

stryker

First Grade
What has Origin got do with Thurston and Slater being shit commentators? Sorry but the reason why people don’t like their commentary isn’t because they were great QLD players their commentary is unpopular because they are shit at it.
All of the ex players are shit commentators. Every single one of them should be used as sparringly as possible in a subject matter expert role only.
They carry too many allegences and biased thoughts to provide a neutral and fair calling on a game. Additionally, most are awkward in front of the camera and are never prepared enough to not come across as stupid.