What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Fittler be suspended for spear tackle?

Kiwi

First Grade
Renowned League Expert said:
It was just a case of a big bloke letting off some steam; it certainly didn't deserve a suspension.

You kids may as well play in skirts!

First of all I would like to say Fittler's clean record saved him, and so it should have, i'm not upset about the result, a fair outcome I think.

Now for the above comment, your a dickhead and seem to love proving it. So moron what would be your response if another big bloke from another team decided to let of some "steam" and spear tackle Finch, Fitzgibbon or Fittler? 100% certain you would be in here calling for his head.

So next time you want to verify your a dickhead, stop and think about it for a second then don't bother, cause we all know already.

taxidriver

Coach
No one wants to deny Fittler his swansong.

The tackle deserved 1 or 2 weeks on the sidelines, even your more intelligent supporters concur with that.

It deserved 1 week but because of his great record he will get off with an early plea. What's unfair about that. All this talk of Rooster conspiracies is a load of crap.

Kiwi

First Grade
taxidriver said:
No one wants to deny Fittler his swansong.

The tackle deserved 1 or 2 weeks on the sidelines, even your more intelligent supporters concur with that.

Look I hate the Roosters and Fittler, but the result was fair. The charge would have resulted in a 1 week ban, which is what you say it deserved, and his clean record saved him, what is wrong with that? Why charge a player with more than what the infringment deserves just so their clean record doesn't matter? That would be just wrong.

Kiwi

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
if he does not miss at least 1 week, the judiciary has lost all credibility.

Thats the point, it deserved 1 week, which is what the charge carried, why are people pissed off and blaming the judicary because his clean record saved him?

Why should the judicary place a larger charge than the offence deserved just so he gets a week and his clean record means nothing? If that was the case then abolish any discounts for clean records all together and abolish any penalty for repeat offenders, people can't have it both ways just because it's a player from a team they don't like.

ucantseeme

Juniors
so he gets off because the number of points for the charge with an early plea isn't enough to get suspended on, ok, fair enough.

but those will have carry over points so he better not even breathe heavy between now and the grand final.

Kiwi

First Grade
ucantseeme said:
so he gets off because the number of points for the charge with an early plea isn't enough to get suspended on, ok, fair enough.

but those will have carry over points so he better not even breathe heavy between now and the grand final.

Actually an early plea without the clean record would have seen his get a week, it was his clean record that really saved him. He gets 97 carry over points I think.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I thought Fittler had a record from running into a fight in a game against the Warriors a few years ago?

PB

Bench
Fittler had a clean record for the last two years, but was not eligable for the 7 year discount (which matters very little when your charge is too minor to carry enough points to get you suspended!!) There is a massive difference between 9 weeks (Ross) and the zero weeks Fittler got for a tackle which can effectivly do the same damge. From memory Clinton got two weeks as well for a minor role in that tackle!

As for Toopi, El Duque and others who missed it. it happened in the first half on a tackle on Wade McKinnon (near the Eastern touchline if you are watching a replay). The tackle was about completed and Toopi while holding Mckinnon by the jersey in the two man tackle dropped his knees into the face of McKinnon. I am convinced that Toopi would be in the grand final for a "Dumbest Man a Live contest"! he is a grade one git!

The Colonel

Immortal
PB said:
There is a massive difference between 9 weeks (Ross) and the zero weeks Fittler got for a tackle which can effectivly do the same damge. From memory Clinton got two weeks as well for a minor role in that tackle!

Ross received 6 weeks for the tackle and 3 weeks for another charge.

PB

Bench
True. Still a big difference between 6 weeks and zero! 6 matches is 12 competition points which is the difference between 4th and 14th! To draw a sort of parallell..... ;-)

Briza

Juniors
Off course he wont, what a f**king crock it will be too.

Jason King looks like getting 2 weeks for fighting?, the guy was an ex pro so it's not like he bashed him silly.
Tallis can bash the shit out of a bloke with no provocation and get away with it?, the inconsistancy in the judiciary is beyond rediculous, and clearly favours the Darlings of the NRL. :evil:

m0j0

Bench
I don't know what the drama is. There's been 18 dangerous throws cited this year, 13 of which have been Grade 1. Fittler's charge is hardly out of the ordinary for what's happened this year.

Round 2 - Ben Hornby: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 2 - Danny Nutley: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 3 - Andrew Walker: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 4 - Danny Lewis: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 7 - Adam Mogg: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 10 - Ben McDougall: Dangerous Throw - Grade 2 downgraded to Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 10 - Adam Peek: Dangerous Throw - Grade 5 (693 Points)
Round 13 - Francis Meli: Dangerous Throw - Grade 3 (472 Points)
Round 13 - Michael Witt: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (150 Points)
Round 15 - Alan Rothery: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 16 - Dallas Johnson: Dangerous Throw - Grade 2 (365 Points)
Round 17 - Greg Bird: Dangerous Throw - Grade 2 (353 Points)
Round 18 - Mark Riddell: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (112 Points)
Round 18 - Dean Widders: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)
Round 19 - Ben Ross: Dangerous Throw - Grade 4 (667 Points)
Round 19 - Joel Clinton: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (112 Points)
Round 21 - Chris Beattie: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (133 Points)
Round 22 - Brad Fittler: Dangerous Throw - Grade 1 (93 Points)

Kiwi said:
It was just a case of a big bloke letting off some steam; it certainly didn't deserve a suspension.

First of all I would like to say Fittler's clean record saved him, and so it should have, i'm not upset about the result, a fair outcome I think.

Now for the above comment, your a dickhead and seem to love proving it. So moron what would be your response if another big bloke from another team decided to let of some "steam" and spear tackle Finch, Fitzgibbon or Fittler? 100% certain you would be in here calling for his head.

So next time you want to verify your a dickhead, stop and think about it for a second then don't bother, cause we all know already.

It's renowned league fraud at his blockbusting fradulent best once again :roll: :roll:

Surely

Post Whore
So u think birds tackle was worse than fitlers ...

BTW I don't think he should be suspended, but i didn't think Bird should have been either .

Kiwi said:

Awwww, you big, bloody sook! Here's a hanky!

Latest posts