What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Fittler be suspended for spear tackle?

AdamH

Juniors
Ben Ross's tackle was the same and his had Clinton involved aswell. He got 6 weeks! Ross has a clean record also. Fittler should have at least got a week - with or without his clean record.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I'm going to email nrl on fox and request they compare the freddy and ross tackles and their judiciary records on tonights show. It should be interesting.

melon....

Coach
Kiwi said:
Renowned League Expert said:
It was just a case of a big bloke letting off some steam; it certainly didn't deserve a suspension.

You kids may as well play in skirts!

First of all I would like to say Fittler's clean record saved him, and so it should have, i'm not upset about the result, a fair outcome I think.

Now for the above comment, your a dickhead and seem to love proving it. So moron what would be your response if another big bloke from another team decided to let of some "steam" and spear tackle Finch, Fitzgibbon or Fittler? 100% certain you would be in here calling for his head.

So next time you want to verify your a dickhead, stop and think about it for a second then don't bother, cause we all know already.

Penrith Park 2003...Puletua raises Fittler above the horizontal and drives him into the ground, above the horizontal. Fittler sustains injury, Puletua gets off. It was worse than Fittlers half attempt at lifting, yet he got nothing. Penrith fans will claim it as a great tackle. I claim it as bullshit.
This thread is only here because of Brad Fittler...if it was anyone else, it wouldnt be getting the press it has. The man is a legend.

As for Ben Ross....who?

Big Mick

Referee
melon.... said:
Kiwi said:
Renowned League Expert said:
It was just a case of a big bloke letting off some steam; it certainly didn't deserve a suspension.

You kids may as well play in skirts!

First of all I would like to say Fittler's clean record saved him, and so it should have, i'm not upset about the result, a fair outcome I think.

Now for the above comment, your a dickhead and seem to love proving it. So moron what would be your response if another big bloke from another team decided to let of some "steam" and spear tackle Finch, Fitzgibbon or Fittler? 100% certain you would be in here calling for his head.

So next time you want to verify your a dickhead, stop and think about it for a second then don't bother, cause we all know already.

Penrith Park 2003...Puletua raises Fittler above the horizontal and drives him into the ground, above the horizontal. Fittler sustains injury, Puletua gets off. It was worse than Fittlers half attempt at lifting, yet he got nothing. Penrith fans will claim it as a great tackle. I claim it as bullsh*t.
This thread is only here because of Brad Fittler...if it was anyone else, it wouldnt be getting the press it has. The man is a legend.

As for Ben Ross....who?

SOO 3....2004....Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh lift Slater past horizontal, and when Slater is on the ground after being driven into the ground by FitzGibbon, gets a forearm to the head on the way done, causing Slater a Concussion. Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh get nothing. Roosters claim it was a great tackle. I CLAIM IT WAS A f**kING JOKE!.

Puletua, yes, should have got a couple of weeks last year, i even said it.

I agree with Fittlers suspension, or lack of, due to his good record, but I think the question wasn't whether Fittler deserved that, it was whether Ben Ross, in comparision deserved 6 weeks for his, instead of about 3-4.

Fittler is a legend of the game and should go out in a blaze of Glory, even I'll admit that.

lotm

Juniors
you can't compare fittler's tackle to ross'/clinton's without drawing the conclusion that fittler's was incredibly soft. i thought the outcome was fair enough. legs were past the horizontal (quite considerably), but there was no malice or intention, and no driving action. ross'/clinton's was probably the worst spear tackle for quite a while.

i've got no problem with fittler getting off.

m0j0

Bench
Surely said:
So u think birds tackle was worse than fitlers ...

BTW I don't think he should be suspended, but i didn't think Bird should have been either .

If you are asking me, then I agree with you completely. There was nothing in Bird's tackle. Shouldn't have even been a penalty - it was a good, hard tackle. It's unfortunate, but people tend to be judged on past indiscretions and I think that's what happened with Bird.

Paullyboy

Coach
melon.... said:
if it was anyone else, it wouldnt be getting the press it has. The man is a legend.

Yes, that is because if it was any other team they would have received the correct punishment and there would be no need for any uproar

taxidriver

Coach
Melon - are you and Cogburn in a competition to see who can be the most ignorant f**k on these boards ?

Latest posts