What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Fittler be suspended for spear tackle?

PB

Bench
This is a very serious issue!!!!

Dangerous throws were to be treated harshly by the Judicary this year. because players wanted them to. And thus far they ahve been treated harshly. But this is a very very obvious case of double standards!!!! It seriously damages the reputation of the NRL as it is already under the pump about the way the Roosters are looked after (i.e Harrigan's involvement, Finch Snr and Finch Jnr, Stats and footage they are supplied with, Salary cap issues, on field discrepancies like constant flopping, and now this). None of the above are set in stone, but the whole lot mixed in together really tarnishes the credability of the NRL.

cookie36

Juniors
You guys are all kidding arent you. If half of your sides played as well as you guys winge then you would be leading the comp instead of the roosters. As for the roosters employing Harrigan, I am sure there are other retired refs who would love to be employed by other clubs, the clubs just havent thought of it until the Roosters did it. Illegal, yeah right!! Intellegent more like it. As for the other crap, it isnt even worth a reply. As for Fittler, if he gets a few weeks then he does.

Earl

Coach
What a complete and utter f**king joke. There have been tackles alot better than that. (ie Dallas Johnson who got 3 weeks despite a clean record)

PB

Bench
cookie36 said:
You guys are all kidding arent you. If half of your sides played as well as you guys winge then you would be leading the comp instead of the roosters. As for the roosters employing Harrigan, I am sure there are other retired refs who would love to be employed by other clubs, the clubs just havent thought of it until the Roosters did it. Illegal, yeah right!! Intellegent more like it. As for the other crap, it isnt even worth a reply. As for Fittler, if he gets a few weeks then he does.

He DIDNT get a few weeks, he got a GRADE 1 dangerous throw, or don't the 3 posts mentioning that explain it to you!!!!

It, like many other things, which would only get me fired from my job, are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cookie36

Juniors
PB, I will explain this to you slowly. IF he gets a few weeks then he does, such is life. No where in my post did I say that he got a few weeks. Learn to read!!

Johns Magic

Referee
cookie36 said:
PB, I will explain this to you slowly. IF he gets a few weeks then he does, such is life. No where in my post did I say that he got a few weeks. Learn to read!!

What is your point then?

taxidriver

Coach
Your post implies the decision had not yet been made. Rather than being a smart arse with PB, perhaps you should invest in some writing lessons ?

bartman

Immortal
El Duque said:
Am I the only one who thinks Meli deserved a few weeks for what looked like an intentional headbutt on Petesron?
No, I agree Duquester. It looked appalling and went on report, but nothing further? And I don't even remember the Clinton Toopi incident for which he is charged...

As for Freddy, meh. *shrugs*

Get serious for a minute here, a) it was the roosters playing the raiders b) it was fittler c) he wont get a thing

Ive seen tackles that werent as bad as that get suspended, but because its his final year, the roosters will want a swansong and they will get it because they are the roosters, its the biggest load of crap nowadays, and from what ive heard so far, he hasnt even been cited, f**kin bullshit nrl.

lotm

Juniors
vv - he's been charged with a grade one. as said earlier in this thread, he'll get off with 93 points.

poor decision, imo.

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Am I the only one who thinks Meli deserved a few weeks for what looked like an intentional headbutt on Petesron?

That's what I call a disgrace.

Did he get off??

If so good, he didn't do anything, should never have been a penalty let alone on report.

judiciary charges:

Clint Newton => judiciary panel, should be 10-12 weeks

Bryce Gibbs => reckless high tackle, grade 2, 3 weeks early plea, 5 if guilty

Clinton Toopi => reckless high tackle, grade 2, 1 match early plea, 2 if guilty

Scott Sattler => careless high tackle, grade 1, will escape with early plea

Brad Fittler => dangerous throw, grade 1, will escape with early plea

Saso

Juniors
Jason Ryles got suspended for obstruction FFS! Fittler, he won't get suspended. :roll:

Kris_man

Bench
i don't think it's a joke at all! fittler's been playing for 15 years, and has an impeccable record. simple as that.

Fittler doesn't have a nasty bone in his body. Sure he lifted the guy above the horizontal but when he realised what he'd done he let him go. A lot of you f**kwits would love to deny Freddy his final encore, one of the true greats that our game has produced and why, because you hate me and other Roosters supporters. Get a grip on reality. BTW Freddy will take the early plea and will not miss a game. Not because he's a Roosters player or even because he's Brad Fittler but because of his excellent record over 15 seasons of 1st grade rugby league.