What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hadley Roach and Fulton....

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
fair call.
I hope he doesnt go to manly....it would be a disgrace if he did.

I'm at odds with colonel with this, I reckon it's a done deal at Manly.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I'm not sure if even Noel Cleal can hide enough brown paper bags of cash in his beard to lure Lyon to Manly now that the Gold Coast are in and on top of that Manly's big $$$ deals for Bell, Orford and Monaghan.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Orford has used up the balance of the petty cash tin

my money is on hte coast, his family are there and hes closer to Wee Wah, pig territory

we will soon find out, look my money is on manly scum, as if parra were to allow him to play in the NRL he would go straight to manly and leave england

Mr Saab

Referee
eelavation said:
I'm at odds with colonel with this, I reckon it's a done deal at Manly.

perhaps, but Colonel has put revealed some interesting facts about him and
his relationship with the Gold Coast.

parraitdoesmatta said:
i would be very suprised as dont forget noel cleal will lure him to manly scum. Brown paper bags do the trick, manly seem to have learned the trade from the Goosters

Rooters learnt their tricks off Moanly.

Moanly have been trying to buy the comp since the mid 70's (and been successful a few times, but, hardly value for their HUGE $$$$$$). Their local ability is lacking, to say the least. Like the Eastern Suburbs (Rooters), north shore tends to be union territory, therefore giving them not much to pick from in the juniors.

Moanly will choke again next year, dont get their hopes up for anything exciting. If it were not for Menzies and Kennedy this year, they would have been celebrating the wooden spoon this weekend.

Mr Saab

Referee
NorthShoreEel said:
Moanly will choke again next year, dont get their hopes up for anything exciting. If it were not for Menzies and Kennedy this year, they would have been celebrating the wooden spoon this weekend.

manly will be in the top 8 next yr quite easily.
If they can limp into the 8 with Monaghan as a 7 then they will glide in with Orford there.

Grail

Juniors
Zaphod said:
People like King are making a joke and disgrace out of the team, and Des is letting them. This is why Fulton needs to take the helm again, and get rid of non manly ex players like roach, they dont understand the pride inside the club and/or the culture, only ex-manly players with ability know that.

Culture is just a buzz word. You don't have to be an ex-player to have pride or to want to make your current club a success.

Look at Hasler, he's an ex-manly great, but the worst thing to happen to the club in ages IMO.

forward pass

Coach
Didn't Manly re-sign Hasler earlier this year when they were near the top of the table?? How funny is that.

Isn't it amazing how clubs do that when they are winning games. I bet they are regretting that decision.

And who was the other club to extend their coaches contract earlier this year................the sharks!!!!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
not as bad as the bunnies who gave Langmack a 3 yr after his 1st 2 games of 2003...both close losses. That worked out well!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Charlie Saab said:
not as bad as the bunnies who gave Langmack a 3 yr after his 1st 2 games of 2003...both close losses. That worked out well!

the word that springs to mind after reading that would be "comical"

Hurriflatch

Referee
Didn't Souths re-sign Coleman for 2 years then fire him after 2 trials??

Not forgetting Souths best ever move

Naming Phil Blake hwad coach only to then realise Blake didn't have his coaching certificate :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
souths were a complete and utter mess 2002-3.
It was only when Richardson took over as CEO mid 2004 did they look like a football club.

Not sure about coleman and his contract details. I know he was sacked after conceeding 56 points (might have been 54) to the tigers in a trial.
Souths sacked coleman and hired the "defensive" coach in Langmack

RainMan

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
I'm not sure if even Noel Cleal can hide enough brown paper bags of cash in his beard to lure Lyon to Manly now that the Gold Coast are in and on top of that Manly's big $$$ deals for Bell, Orford and Monaghan.

I hope he comes to Manly! :D

Off contract players for Manly in 2006 are Menzies, Kennedy, Heckenburg, Witt :shock: to name a few. So, if Manly choose to go after Lyon, there is some money there to be able to do it. All depends on whether Menzies and Kennedy want to go around for 1 more year, as Orford's contract is loaded up for 2007 and beyond.

The Gold Coast are probably front runners for his signature but the Cleal factor would have to be pretty strong to I guess?

Grail

Juniors
Lyon will go to Manly for mine. Personally, I don't know why any NRL club would want him. What he pulled shows a lack of professionalism and a lack of respect regardless of his reasons. The chance is always there that he'll do the same again.

Agent Mulder

Bench
parra pete said:
I'll bet Jamie Lyon is looking forward to linking up with a crash hot team with a super coach like Des Hasler in charge.
Pete Peters will be able to thank the Eels for developing another great player. (a`la Mick Witt) :lol:

Ben Smith is better then Jamie Lyon, No Loss really.

Latest posts