What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Hayne be alright

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Wasnt there a knee or kicking problem for Hindy on Lockyer when he scored a try against us at Suncorp earlier this season. From memory he got off.

Grail

Juniors
IMO, should be at least a grade 2. I think he should be gone. I hope he's not, but he should be gone. If the roles were reversed, you'd all be saying that it was a suspension offence.

eels1986

Juniors
I don't know if this has been mentioned but Keating had little control of the "chicken wing". In fact it is Nathan Hindmarsh that has Hannant's left hand/wrist and causes the arm to go into the uncomfortable position (Hindy did nothing wrong). My point is that Keating will and should have no case to answer. Watch it agin and see what I mean.

MrT

Juniors
ofcourse nothing in it.....just his knees went into goodwins head and knocked the guy out ..sweet no problem at all......

If Hayne's Knee connected directly into Goodwins head at that speed, Goodwin would have been off for the night.

Hayne was contesting a free ball like mentioned before and tried to back out in the end.

Soward thought he was Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan and kicked a player holding the ball and he didn't get suspended.

Thurston arrived 5 mins after a try scored and kicked the face off David Williams and played the next game.

Based on that Hayne should play if there is any consistency.
All these trolls and go and get their facts right and if not they can go get....

Mickyd39

Juniors
it was just mentioned in the storm v broncos that we should have decision sometime tomorrow during the footy show about hayne and keating.

carpe

Juniors
I think, what HAYNE did was absolute stupid. I wasn't impressed at all. There is lot of black lash going about Hayne. From time to time Hayne does get carried away. But if Storm thinks they can win without Hayne, they are disillusioned. I think the whole team will stand up. About Matt Keating, again I think he is gone. I thinkMateo will come to as hooker. I hope Hayen learns a lesson or two. Don;t give me wrong, Hayne gives everything in this game, but that brain snap was not required.
About Cayless, well to me he does not make any difference on the park. I think the rest of team is quite good. IN fact I do not mind , club releasing him next year. We can keep Kinga in our club. I think he is an asset.

Fee

Juniors
I have a feeling we are going to go into the grand final without Jarryd, dont want to see that happen. All we can hope for is a grade 1 charge and nothing higher.

Post game they just asked Cameron Smith his opinion on Jarryd, given his own history.

Basically said he doesn't want to dip in to it, as he recalls all the things that were said about him, but did say he hopes to see him play next week.

His stock has just risen in my books.

niall

Juniors
Bryson Goodwin has gone into bat for Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne, with the Bulldogs winger vowing to help Hayne beat a potential dangerous contact charge that threatens to wipe him out of next week's NRL grand final.

Hayne jeopardised his appearance in the premiership decider by being placed on report by referee Tony Archer for kneeing Goodwin in the head as the `Dogs flyer scored the opening try of the match.

Anything more than a grade one dangerous contact charge from the match review committee - who will meet at 11am (AEST) on Sunday rather than in their usual Monday timeslot - would see Hayne need to front the NRL judiciary to fight for his right to play in the grand final.

But Goodwin said he would give the Dally M medallist all the support he needed to clear his name.

Goodwin's stance was in stark contrast to that of teammate Ben Hannant, who claimed the Eels should not have finished the game with their full quota on the field after he had his shoulder wrenched back by hooker Matthew Keating.

Like Hayne, Keating too faces a nervous night as he awaits the match review committee's findings, with any potential judiciary hearing to be held on Tuesday night instead of Wednesday night in a bid to ease the disruption to the grand finalist's preparations.

But it is the potential loss of Hayne which would be catastrophic for the Eels premiership hopes - with the game's hottest player having carried Parramatta to within 80 minutes of their first premiership on 23 years.

"I'll see the replays and what happens, if it looks like he didn't mean anything then I'd help him out (at the judiciary)," said Goodwin, who was still feeling the effects of the head knock after the game.

"You don't want to miss out on a grand final with a team that you've played with all year, he carried the team you could say to where they are now so it would be bad to miss out for him.

"A few of the boys have seen it, he just came in with his legs but I'm not too sure what happened."

Hannant was in no doubt however as he questioned why referees Archer and Ben Cummins did not take sterner action over the two incidents, with Hannant left requiring painkilling injections to get back on the field after suffering a partially dislocated shoulder and hyper-extended elbow.

"The refs didn't make the decision to send him off so, what warrants getting someone sent off?" Hannant said.

"Just because you're the best player in the world, does that mean that you never get sent off, these are the questions you've got to ask the NRL, not us.

"We just did our best, we fought hard, we were busted but we kept hanging in there."

Eels coach Daniel Anderson seemed surprisingly confident neither of his players would have a case to answer, with Anderson more concerned about the availability of skipper Nathan Cayless due to a hamstring complaint.

"A little clumsy, but not malicious at all," was how Anderson described the Hayne report.

"There's no use jumping up and down. I'll let people do their job. They're not going to listen to me."

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...goodwin-vows-to-help-clear-hayne/default.aspx

Get f**ked Hannant you pwderpuff, your arm gets a bit tangled and you stay down like a girl. FFS he could milk a animal with no tits :x

All credit to Goodwin though doing whats right by Hayne and The Game itself.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i've lost all respect for Hannant, i really use to like the guy, but in the space of 24 hours has turned into the biggest f**ktard in the game

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26129047-10389,00.html

Michael Ennis backs case for Jarryd Hayne
Article from: The Sunday Mail (Qld)

David Riccio

September 27, 2009 12:00am

JARRYD Hayne has found an unlikely ally in Bulldogs hooker Michael Ennis, who has warned of a supporter backlash if the brilliant fullback is banned from next Sunday's grand final.

As Hayne waits to learn his fate from the NRL match review committee over a kneeing incident in Friday night's win against the Bulldogs, Ennis declared the Eels star should be there for next Sunday's showpiece event.

"If you take Jarryd Hayne out of the grand final you probably take 30,000 fans away from ANZ Stadium," Ennis said. "As a fan, it's great to see him playing the footy he is.

"It added to the atmosphere and the excitement for us (players) to have players like him on the field.

"There's too much adrenalin running through me on the field to know what was really happening there, and Jarryd was just probably trying to stop the try.

"But if I was in Jarryd's position and someone was going for the corner and something happened to me, I'd hate to miss a grand final for it."

Hayne was placed on report for kneeing Bulldogs winger Bryson Goodwin as he scored a try in the fourth minute of Friday night's 22-12 victory over the Dogs.

NRL match review commissioner Greg McCallum will determine today if Hayne will be charged.

McCallum was unwilling to comment on the incident yesterday, but Hayne would be free to play in the grand final if he received a Grade 1 charge and took an early guilty plea.

Outspoken Melbourne Storm chief executive Brian Waldron also refused to place pressure on the judicial system.

Twelve months ago, Storm captain Cameron Smith missed the grand final through suspension.

"We literally have no comment on it," Waldron said. "We shouldn't even comment on matters relating to our own club before NRL officials, let alone other clubs."

However, former Test forward Mark Geyer said Hayne risked being rubbed out.

"If you take the emotion out of it, I want to see Jarryd Hayne play in a grand final as much as anybody because he's a gun," Geyer said.

"But that didn't look real good. I must confess, if it was a comp game next week I think we would all be feeling a bit different about it."

Andrew Johns said he would be floored if Hayne was forced to miss the grand final.