What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it all come to nothing...

Gaba

First Grade
Usually lose by 1 or 2?

Raiders 21-14 - 7
Bulldogs 30-18 - 12
Tigers 24-16 - 8

Great research Gaba lol... I mean whats next?

"We belted the same Melbourne side that belted Newcastle last week"?

Knights 4 wins
Dragons 3 wins

Thats bout all that needs to be said
Yes no flogging hence the dragons for and against +28 against newcastle -13

I agree in majority of them games the dragons lost it, and not the other team who won it, unlike newcastle

Gaba

First Grade
"We belted the same Melbourne side that belted Newcastle last week"?

Knights 4 wins
Dragons 3 wins

Thats bout all that needs to be said
If newcastle played the storm with their team this week, the storm would have won.

Newcastle can not play with out their play makers

Gaba

First Grade
Newcastle
For Against
185 198

Dragons
For Against
190 162

Dragons are performing better in attack and defense , and they played identical teams as newcastle

Bicey_18

Bench
Really?

Brisbane?
Manly?
Melbourne in Melbourne(Full Strength)?
Warriors in NZ?

I must have missed those clashes...

Bicey_18

Bench
Yes no flogging hence the dragons for and against +28 against newcastle -13

I agree in majority of them games the dragons lost it, and not the other team who won it, unlike newcastle

Ok pplz.. lets see who has had the tougher draw.. in no Particular order..

Dragons: WT(ANZ), GC (WIN), CAN (CAN), CRO (ANZ), NTH (WIN), PAR (ANZ), SYD(ANZ), BUL (ANZ), MEL(ANZ)

Knights: CAN(NEW), MAN(NEW), PAR(PAR), NZ(NZ), BRI(NEW), SYD(CC), GC(NEW), MEL(MEL), WST(NEW)

Gaba

First Grade
Ok pplz.. lets see who has had the tougher draw.. in no Particular order..

Dragons: WT(ANZ), GC (WIN), CAN (CAN), CRO (ANZ), NTH (WIN), PAR (ANZ), SYD(ANZ), BUL (ANZ), MEL(ANZ)

Knights: CAN(NEW), MAN(NEW), PAR(PAR), NZ(NZ), BRI(NEW), SYD(CC), GC(NEW), MEL(MEL), WST(NEW)

And take into account also who was the stronger squad , the dragons only been near full strength 3/4 rounds out of round 10 .

Newcastle been close to full strength with the majority of major players for 7-8 rounds

Bicey_18

Bench
Finally have figured it out....

Gaba is a closet Knights fan. He comes here week in and week out and talks bout Newcastle..also makes his appearances in our match threads.

We seem to have alot of closet fans lol

Gaba

First Grade
:lol::lol:

Yes we are the stronger squad..

Least you admit it, shows my point the knights will not beat the dragons on current form , if the dragons are only one game behind and been playing with a weaker roster then the knights, if they meet both at full strength the dragons would win by 30+
thanks for proving my point

Even though newcastle is trying copy off the dragons :)

Bicey_18

Bench
The Knights can not beat the dragons at newcastle and find it hard in beating the dragons in sydney hence the record dragons 11 wins newcastle 3 wins and at newcastle the record is like the dragons 7 newcastle 1

Head 2 Head since 99

Dragons - 12
Knights - 7

Bit different from 11-3 isnt it?

In Sydney since 99

Dragons 4
Knights 5

Find it hard in Sydney? No

Love your work Gaba.. keep it coming ;-)

Bicey_18

Bench
Least you admit it, shows my point the knights will not beat the dragons on current form , if the dragons are only one game behind and been playing with a weaker roster then the knights, if they meet both at full strength the dragons would win by 30+
thanks for proving my point

Even though newcastle is trying copy off the dragons :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Your point was Newcastle have a stronger squad then the Dragons? Yeah I think we do.. your welcome.

As I said last week.. put your money where your mouth is...$200 says Dragons will not beat Newcastle by 30 or more points?

Gaba

First Grade

Head 2 Head since 99

Dragons - 12
Knights - 7

Bit different from 11-3 isnt it?

In Sydney since 99

Dragons 4
Knights 5

Find it hard in Sydney? No

Love your work Gaba.. keep it coming ;-)

Lol ok i will give you that, didnt count the dodgy wins:)

Anyway the record in newcastle is dismal for newcastle

Thats where the dragons love playing newcastle and thats where they are playing this year , so you can rack up another win for the dragons

Bicey_18

Bench
Lol ok i will give you that, didnt count the dodgy wins:)

Anyway the record in newcastle is dismal for newcastle

Thats where the dragons love playing newcastle and thats where they are playing this year , so you can rack up another win for the dragons

So you will bet then?

Nuffy

Bench
A few observations:

Great game by Mullen, he did all he could.

The defence lacked some patterns today, could be all the blokes missing, or a hangover from last Mon.

We lack experience, thats obvious but we are paying a terrible price for each mistake.

Wes is not a fullback in that his positional play is poor.

Dog went OK, surprising actually.

Lulia still has a badly botched play in him every game - bombed a first half try.

Most of all....................... we continue to get screwed by the refs, Hampstead just murdered us, the Tigers made an artform out of slowing the play the ball.

Then you had the Hodgson knock forward, the Mullen penalty, Tiger player being inside the 10M on a 2nd half try.

Not only are we getting screwed by the ref but we are seem to have no luck, all the 50/50's seem to be running against at the moment.

We need to get a little luck and a decent run from the refs otherwise we are on a slippery slope.

Nuffy

Bench
I also agree with the basic premise of the thread, there is something fundamentally wrong with a team missing their best players having to compete with a team with little disruption.

The Tigers got a real gift today and the teams that played the Broncos and Storm were also gifted competition points.

It is a pretty ordinary situation that needs to be addressed.

otori

Juniors
I gotta say that Bailey try where Maddog ran across the whole line and passed was great. Doogs was patchy in defence but his attack was great today. I think the reason we lost today was just lack of experience that led to an inability to mount pressure. Everytime we did something good we just screwed it up (ie the 40/20 then a mistake right afterwards).

Gaba

First Grade
I also agree with the basic premise of the thread, there is something fundamentally wrong with a team missing their best players having to compete with a team with little disruption.

The Tigers got a real gift today and the teams that played the Broncos and Storm were also gifted competition points.

It is a pretty ordinary situation that needs to be addressed.

I disagree the knights were near full strength only missing 2 players , the dragons were with out 3 of their playmakers , so the dragons were more disadvantage then the knights

The tigers play makers were coming off injurys, there was no excuses for the knights, they just dont have enough players what can take over from the ones they miss

Latest posts