What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will it all come to nothing...

Yosh

Coach
Panic at your own peril I say. We are going much better than i ever thought we would be. The boys were woeful and the Tigers not much better. It was the weakest defensive effort I have seen in the NRl all season from us. It was a good measure of just how far the boys have yet to go to make the top 8. I think we can still get there. Every team has one of these games and it is how you rebound that makes or breaks you. We had the chance to win the game and we didn't. We haven't been out of asingle match we played this season. Next year we will make the top four for sure. DeGois will take Farah's place as NSW hooker too.

De Gois isnt even Australian but.. Thought he was Portugese...

Alex28

Coach
Er...did he play his first senior game of League in Portugal?

There is a lot of panic here for a team fighting well above their weight division. The boys need time and patience from us - we are not going to go from a rabble to a premiership in 12 months. Performances like Sunday's are part of the learning process they are going through.

perverse

Referee
Er...did he play his first senior game of League in Portugal?

There is a lot of panic here for a team fighting well above their weight division. The boys need time and patience from us - we are not going to go from a rabble to a premiership in 12 months. Performances like Sunday's are part of the learning process they are going through.
well said, and i agree.

BG

Juniors
The Knights just seem to have to fight so hard for every single win, with nowhere near enough 'cheap wins'' if you like.

Even during the rep season when we are missing the core of our side, we get drawn to play 3 teams who between them lose just 1 player to Origin duty (Tigers, Bulldogs, Eagles with Stewart the only Origin player missing).

It's hard not to feel frustrated looking at how the ladder stood going into round 11. We have beaten each of the top three teams and have not had a single game against the bottom four. The first time we come up against one of those will be the Bulldogs and of course we will be minus our Origin reps. Granted Gids and Cross will probably be injury scratchings anyway, but the absence of Bedsy takes it imho from a game we could only lose through complacency to a contest in which the Bulldogs will give themselves a chance.

K-Man

Bench
It's hard not to feel frustrated looking at how the ladder stood going into round 11. We have beaten each of the top three teams and have not had a single game against the bottom four. The first time we come up against one of those will be the Bulldogs and of course we will be minus our Origin reps. Granted Gids and Cross will probably be injury scratchings anyway, but the absence of Bedsy takes it imho from a game we could only lose through complacency to a contest in which the Bulldogs will give themselves a chance.

Exactly right.

Some people seem to be getting away from the actual issue a bit.
I'm not suggesting that I am in any way frustrated with the actual team and their performances. I couldn't be happier with the way Smith has brought this team along and I am proud to be a Knights fan this season no matter where we end up finishing on the table.

However, I am definately frustrated by the ridiculously harsh draw we have recieved and in my opinion the concerns I have that it will derail a very promising season are pretty valid.

I would say we are about 60-40 in favour of making the top 8. But if it wasn't for our crazy draw it would be more like 80-20.

K-Man

Bench
I've decided that at the end of the season I'm going to painstakingly go through the stats of every match of the season to see if the qualms I have with the draw are justified.

I'll look at each team and the number of games missed by opposition rep players; how many times each team had to play top 8 sides compared to bottom 8 sides etc etc.

My gut feeling at this stage is that we will be one of the teams at the wrong end of every statistic in this regard.

otori

Juniors
I've decided that at the end of the season I'm going to painstakingly go through the stats of every match of the season to see if the qualms I have with the draw are justified.

I'll look at each team and the number of games missed by opposition rep players; how many times each team had to play top 8 sides compared to bottom 8 sides etc etc.

My gut feeling at this stage is that we will be one of the teams at the wrong end of every statistic in this regard.
You must have a really exciting life.

K-Man

Bench
You must have a really exciting life.

haha actually I do. In the last 6 months I've been backpacking in Albania, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania etc, now I'm living in the channel islands between England and France and having a bludge at work :)

Hopefully it will only take a few hours at work to compile the statistical analysis I'm looking for.

otori

Juniors
haha actually I do. In the last 6 months I've been backpacking in Albania, Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania etc, now I'm living in the channel islands between England and France and having a bludge at work :)

Hopefully it will only take a few hours at work to compile the statistical analysis I'm looking for.
Fair call. Ugh but when you finish doing this stuff, will you just be like ah-hah I knew it! .... *twiddles thumbs*

K-Man

Bench
Fair call. Ugh but when you finish doing this stuff, will you just be like ah-hah I knew it! .... *twiddles thumbs*

Yeah pretty much.

I just want to know for sure that it's as bad as it seems.

Then I will feel justified to continue whingeing about it to my non-Knights fan mates who think I'm full of it.

Latest posts