What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Jarryd Hayne become one of the greatest Australian sportsmen of all time?

JJ

Immortal
If he succeeds in the NFL, which means plays every game when he is fit, and makes many remarkable plays, including touchdowns, he could come to be regarded at the same level as the following (not in order of greatness):

1. Sir Donald Bradman
2. Rod Laver
3. Roy Emerson
4. Greg Norman
5. Dawn Fraser
6. Shane Gould
7. Ian Thorpe
8. Kieren Perkins
9. Grant Hackett
10. Andrew Johns.
11. Harry Kewell
12. Mark Ella
13. Gary Ablett

:lol: you are seriously geniused...

Short answer is no... but pointless ranking them anyway - Greg Norman :crazy:, Gary Abblett (as a non Australian, I don't even know who he is - Liverpool fullback? I though Craig Johnston was the Aussie Scouser?)

Heard of Margaret Court??
Ken Rosewall? Norman Brookes? Lew Hoad? Emerson won grad slam titles as an amateur - he's over-rated on that basis - Rosewall, Hoad flat out greater

I like tennis - but there are a bunch of cricketers too (Miller, Lindwall, Lillee, Chappell G, Ponting, Warne, McGrath for a top of the head start)... if you like Rah Rah then John Eales - and a few others...

Johns also is not the #1 league player, surely? The other 'immortals' achieved more

And, of course Craig Gower

BuffaloRules

Coach
Albert must be on a contract with LU to start x number of ridiculous threads a day...

Give it a rest Albert and head outside for some fresh air...

:lol: you are seriously geniused...

Short answer is no... but pointless ranking them anyway - Greg Norman :crazy:, Gary Abblett (as a non Australian, I don't even know who he is - Liverpool fullback? I though Craig Johnston was the Aussie Scouser?)

Heard of Margaret Court??
Ken Rosewall? Norman Brookes? Lew Hoad? Emerson won grad slam titles as an amateur - he's over-rated on that basis - Rosewall, Hoad flat out greater

I like tennis - but there are a bunch of cricketers too (Miller, Lindwall, Lillee, Chappell G, Ponting, Warne, McGrath for a top of the head start)... if you like Rah Rah then John Eales - and a few others...

Johns also is not the #1 league player, surely? The other 'immortals' achieved more

And, of course Craig Gower

The purpose was not to list all the greatest Australian sportsmen and sportswomen, but list most of them, especially those who attained multiple high achievements. (Bradman speaks for himself. Dawn Fraser three gold medals at three successive Olympic, Shane Gould three gold medals at one Olympics at age 17, Thorpe multiple gold at 2 Olympics, Perkins and Hackett gold medals at 2 Olympics, etc). The purpose was to list uncontroversial choices for greatest in their sports, and compare Hayne to them for potentially attaining very high achievements in 2 sports.

JJ

Immortal
The purpose was not to list all the greatest Australian sportsmen and sportswomen, but list most of them, especially those who attained multiple high achievements. (Bradman speaks for himself. Dawn Fraser three gold medals at three successive Olympic, Shane Gould three gold medals at one Olympics at age 17, Thorpe multiple gold at 2 Olympics, Perkins and Hackett gold medals at 2 Olympics, etc). The purpose was to list uncontroversial choices for greatest in their sports, and compare Hayne to them for potentially attaining very high achievements in 2 sports.

You ranked them and left out Margaret Court?

You also included Emerson, and left out obviously 'greater' players

That seems controversial to me... you start these threads, at least do a bit of research first

Hutty1986

Immortal
I don't care if this is a list of Australian sportspeople, there needs more French people on this list.

I nominate Guy Forget and the great Cedric Pioline.

Not Nicholas Escude though, f**k him.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I don't care if this is a list of Australian sportspeople, there needs more French people on this list.

I nominate Guy Forget and the great Cedric Pioline.

Not Nicholas Escude though, f**k him.

Hahaha Nicholas Escude!

la machoire de Amelie Mauresmo

You ranked them and left out Margaret Court?

You also included Emerson, and left out obviously 'greater' players

That seems controversial to me... you start these threads, at least do a bit of research first

Can't you read the contents of a not very long post? I said explicitly that I was not ranking them. You would fail high school English comprehension with uncomprehending responses like that.

blaza88z

Coach
it's pretty significant that he never was able to get his team a premiership, the likes of Johns were able to do it

Latest posts