What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will jets play any games at toyota park this year?

BWNB

First Grade
i was just woundering i would like to see the likes of nathen merrit , and that new center vince mellers

how are they going?

Bluebag

Juniors
We played our first game at Toyaota nd will play one other there against the Knights I believe. Merritt is going gangbusters and starts a lot of attacking raids from nothing. Mellars had a slow start but is improving and pulled of a try saving cover defence on half time.

Otherwise you may need to head down to Henson to see them play which is still plenty of time to get to shark park for the NRL.

BWNB

First Grade
Bluebag said:
We played our first game at Toyaota nd will play one other there against the Knights I believe. Merritt is going gangbusters and starts a lot of attacking raids from nothing. Mellars had a slow start but is improving and pulled of a try saving cover defence on half time.

Otherwise you may need to head down to Henson to see them play which is still plenty of time to get to shark park for the NRL.

might get down there where is that park>

cronulla_sharks_fan123 said:
i was just woundering i would like to see the likes of nathen merrit , and that new center vince mellers

how are they going?

I would like to see none. All HOME games at Henson Park, the home of the Newtown Jets.

But I'm a realist...................

Fanny Batter

Juniors
mayb the jests should play more at shark park - they r newtown-cronulla.it was even in the tele on sat's results 4 wen u beat wests.it makes evrything u say on this forum hard 2 believe jeffles.

Jeffles

Bench
Why blame just me FB?

Everything I said about Newtown-Cronulla is true. The feeder club agreement gave us total control over identity. It was a silly bit of wording that led the press to the misconception that we are Newtown-Cronulla.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
jeffles i chose u cos u sem 2 b the spokesman here (and bluebag).as i c it the jets have dropped the ball on 2 counts.first this 'wording' issue wateva it is shoulda been clearer and 2nd y didnt a club spokesman/media person say anythin 2 the press about how it was wrong as soon as it happend.then u wouldntve had probs afta round 2 but u obviously hav

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Jeffles is correct.

Partnership not take over.

I proud to have Jets play for Sharks and vice versa.

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny, the legal agreement is between the Newtown Jets and the Cronulla Sharks the team playing in PL is known as the Newtown Jets, wearing the royal blue colours of Newtown and playing out of Henson Park.

The agreement is a legal commercial one not a merger or takeover. Both clubs retain their identity and we continue to wear our tradiyional jersey in traditional colours as we have done for nearly a century.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
i undastand that blubag but ur missin my point.as jeffles sed the naming issue cos of the 'silly wording' of the agreement was a mistake on newtowns part and so was newtowns lack of initiative to adress it.thats y it is still appearin in the papers.do u hav a media or pr guy. y didnt they fix it.if newtown were smart enuff 2 word the agreement properly nuthin like this woulda happend.even if the wording woz a mistake newtown still failed cos it wasnt fixed in time.thats the clubs fault 4 not handling it properly in the press.

Wot R U on? 2 ne 1 wiv 1/2 a clu u snd lk n idjut.

Jets R Jets - Shrks R Shrks - y r u w8ing rnd fr sum 1 2 bite? STFU, K?

In short, my illiterate friend, the press have been getting it wrong about us ever since we left first grade. We've finally got them to give up on the "Newtown is dead" thing.

If it bugs you so much, why don't YOU complain to the papers?

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny you should know being a bear about telling the press and them not listening.

Having been fortunate enough to see the agreement (you have Not) it is clearly written that the Premier league side is known as the Newtown Jets, wears its traditional Newtown jersey and is based out of Henson park. What is hard for you to understand about that. The report in this weeks paper courtesy of AAP should be a one off, we HAVE told big league and them the team is known as the Newtown Jets.

I suggest you send your text typing off to Bears HQ and tell them to get rid of the old Wests Tigers jerseys and go back to red and black.

The first game of the season we were known as Newtown Cronulla and since then we've seen it in the press, on the NSWRL website, heard it on the radio even though our name is Newtown. Is that the clubs fault or is it lazy journalism? Me thinks the latter.....

Fanny Batter

Juniors
Jeffles said:
It was a silly bit of wording that led the press to the misconception that we are Newtown-Cronulla.

please explain jeffles.this is the point im arguing and the newtown ppl r gangin up on me.i hav alotta respect 4 u guys as a norths and former illawarra fan.but even u guys hafta admit its stupid that it woz ever allowed to be called newtown-cronulla jets in the agreement - even if the agreement goes on 2 say that u r called newtown jets

Jeffles

Bench
Fanny Batter said:
Jeffles said:
It was a silly bit of wording that led the press to the misconception that we are Newtown-Cronulla.

please explain jeffles.

An article in the agreement explicitly gives the Newtown Jets the identity of the PL team. Unfortunately, somewhere else in the agreement is the phrase "Newtown-Cronulla Jets".

So you can see that it is OUR team.

Bluebag

Juniors
There is nothing sinister at all the agreement is between Newtown and Cronulla hence both names appear in the agreement but that does not change the fact the team is known as the Newtown Jets. Both clubs retain their identity.

Do I need to say any more or are you completely lacking. One of us knows what the truth is and it is not you.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
thanx jeffles 4 the heads up.bluebag as u say it may not b sinister but the term newtown-cronulla jets givs the impression of a merger-takeover.so regardless of the intentions it looks bad.even u should admit that.i concede now its not sinister but u should still admit its bad drafting.

Bluebag

Juniors
Fanny,

It is a legal agreement between two parties with both parties name on the agreement is it has to be. Perhaps this is too much for you to understand. This is now becoming annoying and so get with the program you half wit.