What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Mick Potter return to Super League?

JasonE

Bench
He is probably a good bloke but i just find him very uninspiring, i couldn't imagine him motivating anyone tbh.

^^

Very true.

He got sacked from St Helens and led Bradford to the highly coveted 9th position but still got a gig in the NRL.

And this season he took Wests from 1 win away from the top to second last and heading for a wooden spoon. Super League standard.

quitpot

Juniors
Anyone remember Alan Jones? he was cheap also sadly the tigers for some reason can't embrace winning culture. Having said that he has not had much of a team to work with even with injuries we have a 6 expected to play 6 and 7 and we have 9. We do not have a 1 or 7 and Adam Blair was a huge mistake. The last person to blamed for the tigers here is Mick Potter

Mick Potter had a relatively successful (not outstanding) tenure at Catalans Dragons before being recruited by St. Helens. The St Helens boss was impressed that Potter had taken Catalans to the CC Final at Wembley in only the club's second year and Potter's first coaching year. However Catalans were not sorry to see him go at the time because of his communications problems -- not just that he didn't speak French, but also that he is a shy man who also finds it hard to talk to the English speaking players. (The Catalans then made the blunder of hiring Kevin Walters, an outgoing personality who could not discipline his players).

Potter went to St. Helens, a top notch team, but was sacked because he could not communicate well with his players. Then he went to Bradford and took them nowhere. Communication problems. Final stop was Wests Tigers. Same problem, plus having the club's star player in decline.

Poor Mick Potter. He might be good as an assistant though. I would fancy him as assistant at Gold Coast, esp. if Neil Henry returns to Canberra.

Latest posts